Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in June 2017.

Interview

great interview , great company, felt welcomed. loved the staff and managers. hopefully I will get the position.
    assessment was little difficult but I am happy I passed. Great benefits and great environment . This feels like a great company to work for.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX).

Interview

Don't be fooled by people who did not get an offer and left very negative feedback! No, the people in the building are not "ghetto," no, the leadership doesn't pass on people who 'threaten their position.' Very professional, welcoming, and diverse workforce. Travelers does their best to hire the best and brightest (pay is higher than all other ins. companies). They are open to hiring entry level. If you come from a different carrier and have been an adjuster for years, knowing the job isn't the only qualifier!

Very difficult interview process! Phone screen interview, followed by a tough in-house assessment, and then a whole afternoon of various interviews. That being said, making it to the end and surviving the cut leaves you with a sense of accomplishment. General advice: Practice STAR method, be ready to ask A LOT of thoughtful and relevant questions (this is what the company is looking for the most), be able to show how your past job experience has skills that are pertinent to being an adjuster (such as negotiating, multitasking, customer service), and also practice speed testing/typing (if you are not a fast typer). FYI, if you're brand new to insurance, having obtained an adjusters license really helps!

The phone screen was easy, they basically ask about your resume and a few behaviorals. Next is the very tough SAT-like assessment testing your grammar, typing speed, math skills, reasoning, and general insurance knowledge. It has a 70% fail-rate, so the company really wants to take on intelligent and quick-thinking folks. It is designed to not let you finish in time and you must pass each individual section to pass the assessment. IF you pass, the rest of the day is a series of interviews with several managers of different sections, as well as VP level leadership and also with HR leadership. You also have two peer sit-alongs, but don't drop your guard, act as if you're sitting along with leadership, because guess who is going to ask them about you!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not attempt to negotiate, the offer was WAY over industry average. Again, I want to emphasize that yes, this is one of the toughest interview processes you will go through, but it's for a reason. If you get the opportunity to interview, don't take it for granted. PREPARE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Received an email from HR to set up and conduct a phone interview the following week. Phone interview went well, basic questions about work experience and other information on the resume. After the phone interview an assessment test was scheduled to test your basic skills such as finding the area of a room, writing a professional letter, and choosing the best route to take when going from point A to point B. Following the assessment an in person interview was conducted with the hiring manager followed by two other managers. Overall a great experience with a great company, I left the interview impressed with the company and wanting to get the job to work with the managers.

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

The test portion was not overly difficult. Basic math and grammar skills. The insurance related portion is mostly accident diagrams. There is definitely not enough time to finish it, I did not finish and passed. Be prepared to type. There is a WPM data entry style typing test. Test does take approximately 3 hours.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter by phone and email requesting a interview. Interview was scheduled two days later. I did really well on the phone interview and was scheduled 3 days later to take assessments. The assessments are really long and you have a short amount of time to complete them. Even though it requires on some sections in depth thinking and analyzing and comparing of a lot of information. The assessments in my opinion are ridiculous and a waste of time. Received a email literally 15 minutes after taking the assessments that I was not selected to move forward.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral based questions.
      Practice the star method.   Answer Question

Inside Auto Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Was emailed roughly one week after applying, phone interview was a barrage of questions regarding my resume and previous experience. The interviewer was very thorough and equally forward with her opinion, which with some could be seen as aggressive.

Currently waiting to hear whether or not I will be moved forward, however she used the "We already have a lot of people in the process of being hired, I will get back to you within 7-10 days when we determine whether or not we will push forward with anymore candidates"

Senior Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

This was a phone interview with the hiring manager and another technical resource. They were very polite and very professional. Also, the initial HR recruiter who I had interviewed with earlier from Travelers was extremely polite and professional. I came away from the entire interview process very impressed with the company (would have liked to work for them).

Interview Questions

• Besides a variety of questions regarding my technical background and skills level, they asked the "gap" question - "So what have you been doing since being laid off from ... ?"   1 Answer
    • Another non-technical question the interviewers asked was "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   1 Answer

ITLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

3 Round interview process. Phone, in person (3 1 hour long interview) then one with a IT director.

I was told I will be informed within one to two weeks if I get hired or not. Several months have past and I still have not heard back from Travelers (nor an email). I just assumed I didn't get the role once one month passed.

Inside Auto Blend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Orlando, FL).

Interview

phone interview from recruiter who had interviewed me previously for another position. Asked about my experience, caseloads. Explained different career tracks, explained if selected would need to come in for 3 hours assessment testing. Received email the next day advising "they" had passed on me, no explanation. Don't waste your time with these guys

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in April 2017.

Interview

I had a pleasant experience interviewing for the intern position. I had a first phone interview which was about 25 min long. They were interested in my resume mostly so most of the questions came from that. They also try to connect with you on a personal level which I liked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone who was difficult   Answer Question