Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

3.1

Interview

I applied on Indeed and received a phone message to schedule a phone screening interview. It was scheduled the next day. The recruiter was friendly, she scheduled me for an hour earlier than I said. I was supposed to call her at that time, but she called me 5 minutes after the time she marked down. I guess I was penalized for her error. For a moment, I was confused thinking maybe the city the company was located in another time zone. But I had the same time zone so the recruiter just marked the wrong time slot. That's ok because I mentioned that I currently lived in another state and was planning to relocate. Although the recruiter said they don't pay for relocation or mileage, I said I could take care of it. It's unfortunate companies aurtomatically disqualify you if you need to arrange for housing during training and occasional meetings. The drive is only a few hours so it's something I could handle. There aren't many work-from-home opportunities in my state. I don't usually write reviews, but I thought this review would be helpful for someone in my situation. I'm glad I found out early instead of later that I would be disqualified for living in aa nearby state. Instead of the recruiter arranging a time to take the skills test, she will tell you that she's updating your profile and you'll hear from someone soon. I checked my profile right after the interview. It showed that I was no longer being considered for the position. Overall, I rate this as a negtaive experience because the recruiter rushed through the interviewer not really giving me a chance due to my location, which isn't a problem for me.

Auto Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter to conduct a phone interview. This was a great experience. I kept the recruiter on the phone for 45 minutes gathering additional information. I then moved on to the assessment and interview. It was a full 8 hour day. The test alone takes about 3-4 hours and I was told it has a 50% pass rate. After, I then ate lunch with one manager exchanging questions. Then I formally interviewed with two additional managers. Next, I job shadowed a peer and was aloud to ask questions. Lastly, I finished up discussing the opportunity with the hiring manager. I was given an offer 3 weeks later because I was finishing up school.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Glendale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was given a call a few days after i applied. This phone interview went very well. Most of the questions were about myself along with the HR member describing the job. After that I was called in for an interview. I had two separate interviews where they asked basic questions. Overall it was a great first interview, however I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• While working in a group project, how have you managed to have plans run smoothly. How have you problem solved.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with two people,one from the auditing department and one from the tax department. Each session lasted about thirty minutes and were both very conversational. That also came with a tour around the headquarters.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about the tax department?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Multiple interviews. Testing. Background checks. Peer interviews. Good interaction. I believe they were very thorough and focused on matching my skills with the position. I am impressed with this company. This is a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• How do I fit with this company   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

My one time interview consisted of 2 people and was very informal and took the pressure off vs being in a group setting. Hiring process was very easy, only waiting for the initial checks to go through.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation needed. Terms were very fair and competitive.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Greenwood Village, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online through Glassdoor. A few days after I applied, a recruiter reached out to me about the position and asked if I was still interested. She asked some basic questions (what do you know about Travelers, what kind of experience do you have etc.). They were still in the process of screening applicants but a couple days after she reached out to me and told me they wanted to schedule me for an interview.

The on-site interview was very professional. I was met with 3 hiring managers, one from the job that I was applying for and 2 that had similar openings in their departments. It was a very relaxed interview with basic behavioral questions and some questions about why I wanted to find a new job and what professional experience I had. Everything went well, and while I was walking out of the building one of the hiring managers caught up to me and asked me to meet with her director before I left.

I was extended a verbal offer later that day, pending a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of difficult clients do you have to work with? What is making you leave your current job? Are you comfortable in a fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered more than what I had asked for, so there was no negotiation necessary.

TFDP, Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

First they have a "phone screening" just to make sure you are interested and so they can properly explain the program that you are applying to. I actually found this interview enjoyable and loved speaking with the woman. If it works out they forward your resume to different Hiring managers/departments. If these managers are interested they will reach out to you. It took a month or two before they got back to me personally because my phone screen was shortly before the holidays. The second round was a phone interview with one person, and the third was in person with two people. Even in the third round, it seemed to be more behavioral questions than skill oriented.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite and least favorite class in school and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers in February 2017.

Interview

There are two people. Some behavior questions, and some technical questions. It took approximate 30 minutes, but it might be longer. I really like this interview. Because of a reason, I cannot accept this offer.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Travelers in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via email the day after I applied online. Phone pre-screening set for the next day. The recruiter was polite but rushed the interview. Her questions consisted mainly of background (education, experience, general questions). I was on the phone with her exactly 15 minutes even though she set scheduled 30 minutes. She said that they had a large number of applicants for the position and to contact her back via email for a status update by Monday of the following week. I contacted her via email and she replied that the team passed on my candidacy.