Travelers Interview Questions in Jericho, NY | Glassdoor

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Jericho, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

You'd think this was for the FBI. I had to take a 1/2 day (unpaid as I have run out of PTO for the year) for the first interview because it stretched 4 hours. I saw 4 Underwriting Directors and was brutally interrogated. They tried to poke holes in my resume (to no avail) and presented a lot of "what if" scenario questions. I even had a pretty heated debate with one manager because he tried to tell me that we're currently in a "hard" insurance market, which we undoubtedly are NOT. Who knows if this was another one of their "tests". After these interviews, I was told I needed to phone screen with the VP. That went well and I was made an offer contingent upon passing a drug test and background screen. I was told I had to go to a laboratory of their choosing, both 20 miles away from my home/current job and complete the drug test within 48 hours or the offer would be rescinded. This was Thursday at 7 pm. The labs are both closed Saturday. So again, I am forced to take time off from work and be docked pay. I passed the drug test, have no criminal record, a clean MVR and a college degree. The background "investigation" turned up a parking ticket from 2002 from my University, which I had to pay $75 to clear. I got married in September and am in the process of changing my name. They couldn't accept that my SS Card and License were different. They wanted me to go to the DMV and fix it for THEM!! They also wanted every W2 I've ever had. Why?????? What does that have to do with the job offer you made me? I had to call the IRS and was on the phone for DAYS trying to get a work history transcript. Then they accused me of lying about where I formerly worked because my old boss outsourced his payroll and so the W2 said "ADP". I had to beg my old employer to call them back and clarify. Finally, they needed proof of hire date from my current employer. I provided my offer letter. Not good enough. I provided my 401k statement. Not good enough. "Can you get an old pay stub from HR? and a recent one to show you are still actively employed" ENOUGH. This isn't the secret service. I was so anxiety ridden and stressed out during the interview process alone, I can't imagine what it would have been like to actually work there. The scrutiny was ridiculous, intrusive, and unecessary. NO THANKS.

Interview Questions

• If 10 submissions came in at the same time, all the same size, same LOB, same exposure, same premium, how would you prioritize them?   1 Answer

See above. That about says it all.