Travelers Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.7

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

You first go through a phone screen interview with the HR. The interview is about 45 minutes. They ask you questions regarding your resume and at the end they ask you insurance terms. After this part, if you passed then they schedule an assessment. The assessment is 7 parts and takes about 3.5 hours. You have to pass all 7 sections in order to get an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Know the insurance terms like what is an HO2 policy? What is co-insurance? What is a declarations page?   Answer Question

Claim Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA).

Interview

The interview process is very thorough and highly organized. You are given the opportunity to meet with roughly 10 different people in 5 different interview sessions. The individuals you don't have an opportunity to interview with get a chance to eat lunch with you and one other candidate during an impromptu interview during lunch. Overall, I had a positive experience and really felt like I was able to learn a lot about Travelers and the people that I would potentially be working with.

Interview questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something unexpected happened and you had to change your plans.
      If management made a decision you didn't agree with what would you do?
      Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Walnut, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Hiring Manager, Forma interview with hiring manager and Regional VP. Follow up interview with hiring manager and other line of business leaders.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness and how do you work on improving it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some negotiation but without specific experience it is tough to negotiate further.

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online, at either Indeed.com or greatinsurancejobs.com (can't remember!) during the last week of June. On July 1 I got an email from their HR department scheduling a phone interview for July 6. The interview went well and I was emailed an application to complete. HR then scheduled me for an assessment test on July 21 in Diamond Bar CA. Since I live in the San Diego area it was a bit of a trek, but I was happy to do it.

The assessment test was not too bad. It was myself and two other candidates in a testing room, each with our own workstation, pad, pencils, calculator, bottled water, etc. We started at 9am and went to about 12pm, with a break in between. The assessment was just as reported: math, logic, spelling, reasoning ability, map reading, writing a claims rejection letter, etc. All pretty basic and the facilitator made it very relaxing. Not a lot of stress at all. After we were dismissed from the assessment, I was called back in and informed that I passed and they were scheduling in person interviews. Mine was scheduled for two weeks later, August 5.

The interview process started at 8:30am. I met with two managers, one in person and one over the phone. We all talked for about an hour and a half. They reviewed my resume and experience and did the STAR questions. I then had an opportunity to ask them about Travelers, their impressions of the company, what the job would be like on any given day, etc. Very Nice and, again, not too stressful. After that I was invited to speak with a current outside property adjuster over the phone.

This was great because I was able to ask him just about every question I could think of for the day to day stuff, time management, workload, the company car, etc. He was very patient as I had a lot of questions! Following that was the executive committee interview.

I met with a VP, a Claims manager and the HR Director. All 3 were very nice. They acknowledged that this had been a long morning for me, and they proceeded to ask many similar questions to ones asked by the two managers earlier. I had a chance to get to know about them and their experiences with Travelers, which they were happy to share. And then, it was over - 3 1/2 hours after I got there.

Sunday Aug 7 I sent a "thank you" email to the facilitator. I had no thoughts that I would get a call from the field manager on Aug 8, but that is exactly what happened. We talked for a few minutes and he thanked me for coming up to the LA area for the interviews, and that was that.

Tuesday morning Aug 9, 8am sharp, I get a call from HR with the job offer! I was floored and excited!

Amazing starting salary, complete training, company car...where do I stop?!? It took 6 weeks from start to offer, but what can I say, I am thrilled to be part of the Travelers team!

Interview Questions

• Tell us an area you need to work on to be a more effective employee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered way more than I was expecting, so I didn't negotiate.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was long interview process. Total of 3 interview consisted 1 initial phone interview with the recruiter, 1:1 with the hiring manager, and conference call interview. The whole process were very long.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this job   1 Answer

Claims Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied for a job on travelers website on 4/14. Received an email to schedule a phone interview on 5/2. Passed the phone interview. Went on the next step, which was in person screening. Received a call the very next day to move on to the next step, which was a panel interview. This was scheduled two weeks out. In the mean time I prepared for the interview thoroughly. I wanted to make sure I did well because I was determined to receive a job offer. The panel interview was a little surprising because there were 4 other interviewees that I was not prepared to see. I thought for a second that it was a group interview and I would have probably walked out if that were the case.

We basically played round robin and each person interviewed then switched to the next interview. There were a total of 5 all together.

During the interviews I believed I really gave it my all and even after a couple negative moments I was able to quickly turn it around to the point where I felt confident that I impressed them under pressure. Also, on 2 occasions, I had my interviews say “Wow” when I asked them my questions at the end.

Good Impressions:

Most interviewers were very attentive and seemed interested in what I was saying.

They looked like they were taking very thorough notes

They also seemed unusually pleasant, only way I can describe it is right out of the movie Pleasantville

Bad Impressions:

One of the ladies being on her phone and texting here and there

During one of my interviews I was, quite literally, interrogated about my length of time in college. School part-time, working full-time definitely makes the four-year plan out of reach.

Another woman basically rolled her eyes at me during my interview.

It seemed like icebreaker jokes went right over their heads. Very serious people here

One of the other candidates decided to leave during the panel interview process and I am certain it was based on the lack of friendly questions asked by the two ladies there.

Based on recent reviews of how the company runs and operates, I believe receiving no offer was a blessing in disguise.

Interview Questions

• Were the personal questions, ie, length of time in school. I felt judged on something that I deem a personal success story.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

People seemed very nice and interested. I interviewed with the recruiter online (20 minutes) and was asked to submit the background check application. Next was asked to do live interview--proceeded to meet with 3 different departmental heads in individual interviews (all same day). Again, they seemed interested and I was looking forward to their call offering me the job. I was told they would contact me within a week (either way--decline or offer) but never heard back. They never pulled the background check either.

Interview Questions

• Example of interview question is "Give me an example of when you used your negotiating skills and how did it turn out?"   Answer Question

Outside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview starts with a phone screening. They analyze your customer service experience and technical knowledge. Next is a test. The test is understanding Xactimate diagrams or property layouts. Also consists of insurance principal knowledge and excel spreadsheets.

Interview Questions

• Did not make it to face to face interview. After passing the test someone with more experience was chosen for the region I wanted and I did not want to relocate.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

applied online, received a email need to set date to phone interview, got a phone call after 3 days, interview last 20 mins, never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• whats the most difficult thing you have encountered in you work?   Answer Question

Workers Compensation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was the worst interview ever experience due to constant interruption from interviewer's cell phone