Travelers Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.7

Property Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1. Pre interview phone interview asking basic questions and behavioral questions. If you have claims experience then use it.
    2. Aptitude test at the corporate office. Reading comprehension, math, behavioral, spelling, excel spreadsheet, and writing a bad newsletter.
    3. Interview with unit manager pending.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Inland Marine Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position at the Irvine, California office at the end of March of 2014. I was called for a phone interview by the Hiring Manager a few weeks later. I did an in person interview with the Colorado based Hiring Manager on 4/18/14. I waited close to a week and then I followed up with HR as the Manager did not call me back the following Tuesday as originally discussed during our interview.

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Glendale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with five different people over the entire process. Interviews were largely conversational. The first interview was a phone interview, then was asked to go to their Diamond Bar location for an interview with two people. After this interview, I was asked to go to their Glendale location to interview with another two people. The University Relations recruiter who I had been in contact with throughout the process told me he would let me know on a specific week whether or not I had gotten the internship. I never heard back from anybody at Travelers and had to be told I had not gotten the internship by the student organization that had set me up to interview with them. Was told that interviewers could not connect what I was telling them with a passion behind it. Drove a lot to attend the interviews and Travelers did not feel the need to call or send me an email letting me know they had not chosen me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work under a tight deadline   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter. Went over my skills. Got invited to an interview after a week. It's been a few days and I'm still waiting for a response. Interview was pleasant basic insurance questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to multiple people asking you to rush a project.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied on the Travelers website and then within a couple days I was sent an email from an HR recruiter from back east. She initially said she would probably contact me within a week but a day or two later I received a phone call from the local hiring manager. I interviewed with the local hiring manager and another supervisor a few days later in their office. The local hiring manager said that the next step in the hiring process would be a telephone interview with a panel of other people in her office to ask me insurance questions to find out my skill level. A few days passed and I never heard from the hiring manager so I contacted the HR recruiter to get a status on the position. She called me a few days later and said that they were in the process of making an offer to another hire. I told her that the local hiring manager shouldn't be telling candidates that she would be calling them if she had no intention of doing so but I thanked her for giving me the status on the job and for not making me wait in outer space any longer. She then encouraged me to apply for other positions with the company. I thought the HR department was responsive but the local hiring manager was misleading. This process took over a month and I haven't received an official letter stating the position was filled- perhaps they don't send the professional closure letters like other companies do now. Local office seemed a bit chaotic- perhaps because they just moved to a new location and the manager supervises about 140 people plus a whole other office about 30 miles away!

Interview Questions

• What are your professional goals within the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview from corporate office was great. The relationship I had with the corporate recruiter was warm and inviting. She was very informative and a joy to work with. It took 3 weeks to be called in for an onsite interview. When I did speak with the HR Dept @ the DB office, HR was huffing and sounded bothered. Questions at onsite read directly from interview sheet. I was interviewed by 3 managers. I was new to the insurance arena, yet had equivalent work experience in an outside field. The interviewers kept asking direct nursing experience based questions. At one point I caught one of the interviewers rolling her eyes. It was by far the worst experience I have had interviewing anywhere in my career. 2 of the 3 interviewers were very nice, one was mildly unpleasant the entire time. It did not feel like warm or inviting environment. Having worked in management, hiring, training and coaching for years, I was surprised by the lack of warmth and the rigidity of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How have I handled dealing with an angry or upset Dr. in the past.   1 Answer

Risk Control Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. The company kept telling me they had to wait a long time before the position got approved but all of a sudden I got an unbelievable low job offer from them. The interviews were informal and not technical at all. They asked for drug test, driving record, credit check, copy of previous employer pay stub to prove previous salary amount, hearing test, medical examination, diploma copy, school info to call them and verify my degree, called previous employer for references,etc. it was an extensive process, easy, just painful.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself 5 years from now. No technical questions at all   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will low ball you based on your salary history even though you have a degree and experience. I was only able to get 8% more than what they initially offered me.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Travelers (West Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied on-line and was contacted within 3 days by hr for Interview. I felt it went well..They are suppose to get back to me about testing..

Interview Questions

• Why did you get you Texas license and not move there?   1 Answer
    • What are the biggest challages in yr present field of appraisal   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Glendale, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Recruiters came to campus to recruit for trainee position. Actually interviewed with recruiter, MD (manager),and the RVP. Most of the questions were behavioral and you need to demonstrate the ability to handle problems and sales/customer service skills. Pretty standard interviewing process, nothing too rigorous or difficult about it if you are a qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were asked to solve a problem   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Workers Compensation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was the worst interview ever experience due to constant interruption from interviewer's cell phone