Travelers Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Glendale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was given a call a few days after i applied. This phone interview went very well. Most of the questions were about myself along with the HR member describing the job. After that I was called in for an interview. I had two separate interviews where they asked basic questions. Overall it was a great first interview, however I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• While working in a group project, how have you managed to have plans run smoothly. How have you problem solved.   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Glendale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with five different people over the entire process. Interviews were largely conversational. The first interview was a phone interview, then was asked to go to their Diamond Bar location for an interview with two people. After this interview, I was asked to go to their Glendale location to interview with another two people. The University Relations recruiter who I had been in contact with throughout the process told me he would let me know on a specific week whether or not I had gotten the internship. I never heard back from anybody at Travelers and had to be told I had not gotten the internship by the student organization that had set me up to interview with them. Was told that interviewers could not connect what I was telling them with a passion behind it. Drove a lot to attend the interviews and Travelers did not feel the need to call or send me an email letting me know they had not chosen me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work under a tight deadline   Answer Question

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

You first go through a phone screen interview with the HR. The interview is about 45 minutes. They ask you questions regarding your resume and at the end they ask you insurance terms. After this part, if you passed then they schedule an assessment. The assessment is 7 parts and takes about 3.5 hours. You have to pass all 7 sections in order to get an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Know the insurance terms like what is an HO2 policy? What is co-insurance? What is a declarations page?   Answer Question

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online, at either Indeed.com or greatinsurancejobs.com (can't remember!) during the last week of June. On July 1 I got an email from their HR department scheduling a phone interview for July 6. The interview went well and I was emailed an application to complete. HR then scheduled me for an assessment test on July 21 in Diamond Bar CA. Since I live in the San Diego area it was a bit of a trek, but I was happy to do it.

The assessment test was not too bad. It was myself and two other candidates in a testing room, each with our own workstation, pad, pencils, calculator, bottled water, etc. We started at 9am and went to about 12pm, with a break in between. The assessment was just as reported: math, logic, spelling, reasoning ability, map reading, writing a claims rejection letter, etc. All pretty basic and the facilitator made it very relaxing. Not a lot of stress at all. After we were dismissed from the assessment, I was called back in and informed that I passed and they were scheduling in person interviews. Mine was scheduled for two weeks later, August 5.

The interview process started at 8:30am. I met with two managers, one in person and one over the phone. We all talked for about an hour and a half. They reviewed my resume and experience and did the STAR questions. I then had an opportunity to ask them about Travelers, their impressions of the company, what the job would be like on any given day, etc. Very Nice and, again, not too stressful. After that I was invited to speak with a current outside property adjuster over the phone.

This was great because I was able to ask him just about every question I could think of for the day to day stuff, time management, workload, the company car, etc. He was very patient as I had a lot of questions! Following that was the executive committee interview.

I met with a VP, a Claims manager and the HR Director. All 3 were very nice. They acknowledged that this had been a long morning for me, and they proceeded to ask many similar questions to ones asked by the two managers earlier. I had a chance to get to know about them and their experiences with Travelers, which they were happy to share. And then, it was over - 3 1/2 hours after I got there.

Sunday Aug 7 I sent a "thank you" email to the facilitator. I had no thoughts that I would get a call from the field manager on Aug 8, but that is exactly what happened. We talked for a few minutes and he thanked me for coming up to the LA area for the interviews, and that was that.

Tuesday morning Aug 9, 8am sharp, I get a call from HR with the job offer! I was floored and excited!

Amazing starting salary, complete training, company car...where do I stop?!? It took 6 weeks from start to offer, but what can I say, I am thrilled to be part of the Travelers team!

Interview Questions

• Tell us an area you need to work on to be a more effective employee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered way more than I was expecting, so I didn't negotiate.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was long interview process. Total of 3 interview consisted 1 initial phone interview with the recruiter, 1:1 with the hiring manager, and conference call interview. The whole process were very long.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this job   1 Answer

Claim Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA).

Interview

The interview process is very thorough and highly organized. You are given the opportunity to meet with roughly 10 different people in 5 different interview sessions. The individuals you don't have an opportunity to interview with get a chance to eat lunch with you and one other candidate during an impromptu interview during lunch. Overall, I had a positive experience and really felt like I was able to learn a lot about Travelers and the people that I would potentially be working with.

Interview questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something unexpected happened and you had to change your plans.
      If management made a decision you didn't agree with what would you do?   Answer Question

Claims Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied for a job on travelers website on 4/14. Received an email to schedule a phone interview on 5/2. Passed the phone interview. Went on the next step, which was in person screening. Received a call the very next day to move on to the next step, which was a panel interview. This was scheduled two weeks out. In the mean time I prepared for the interview thoroughly. I wanted to make sure I did well because I was determined to receive a job offer. The panel interview was a little surprising because there were 4 other interviewees that I was not prepared to see. I thought for a second that it was a group interview and I would have probably walked out if that were the case.

We basically played round robin and each person interviewed then switched to the next interview. There were a total of 5 all together.

During the interviews I believed I really gave it my all and even after a couple negative moments I was able to quickly turn it around to the point where I felt confident that I impressed them under pressure. Also, on 2 occasions, I had my interviews say “Wow” when I asked them my questions at the end.

Good Impressions:

Most interviewers were very attentive and seemed interested in what I was saying.

They looked like they were taking very thorough notes

They also seemed unusually pleasant, only way I can describe it is right out of the movie Pleasantville

Bad Impressions:

One of the ladies being on her phone and texting here and there

During one of my interviews I was, quite literally, interrogated about my length of time in college. School part-time, working full-time definitely makes the four-year plan out of reach.

Another woman basically rolled her eyes at me during my interview.

It seemed like icebreaker jokes went right over their heads. Very serious people here

One of the other candidates decided to leave during the panel interview process and I am certain it was based on the lack of friendly questions asked by the two ladies there.

Based on recent reviews of how the company runs and operates, I believe receiving no offer was a blessing in disguise.

Interview Questions

• Were the personal questions, ie, length of time in school. I felt judged on something that I deem a personal success story.   1 Answer

Inland Marine Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position at the Irvine, California office at the end of March of 2014. I was called for a phone interview by the Hiring Manager a few weeks later. I did an in person interview with the Colorado based Hiring Manager on 4/18/14. I waited close to a week and then I followed up with HR as the Manager did not call me back the following Tuesday as originally discussed during our interview.

Property Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1. Pre interview phone interview asking basic questions and behavioral questions. If you have claims experience then use it.
    2. Aptitude test at the corporate office. Reading comprehension, math, behavioral, spelling, excel spreadsheet, and writing a bad newsletter.
    3. Interview with unit manager pending.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Risk Control Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. The company kept telling me they had to wait a long time before the position got approved but all of a sudden I got an unbelievable low job offer from them. The interviews were informal and not technical at all. They asked for drug test, driving record, credit check, copy of previous employer pay stub to prove previous salary amount, hearing test, medical examination, diploma copy, school info to call them and verify my degree, called previous employer for references,etc. it was an extensive process, easy, just painful.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself 5 years from now. No technical questions at all   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will low ball you based on your salary history even though you have a degree and experience. I was only able to get 8% more than what they initially offered me.