Travelers Operations Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Operations Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Travelers

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online on their website and was contacted by an HR talent acquisition consultant the next day via e-mail. She set up a phone screen for a few days later, which lasted about 30 minutes. It was the best phone interview i have ever had. She made me feel so comfortable. Unfortunately, they had offered the job to another candidate but she was kind enough to inform me about another job opening and i applied for it. The next day i received a call from a Manager to set up an in-person interview since i had already done the phone screen. The in-person interview consisted of two separate interviews conducted by two managers and shadowing an employee. It was a great experience and everyone was extremely nice. Three weeks later i had lost hope, but i received that magical call with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a coworker asked you to do something unethical and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Windsor, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter. Then he scheduled a fate to face interview. I first met with 2 supervisors and had a panel type of interview. Right after that interview they walked me to the director's office to interview with her as well.

Interview Questions

• 3 strengths and weaknesses?
      What do you know about the position/company?
      Describe duties that you do at current job? How does it relate to this job?
      Why are you seeking for a different job?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in March 2015.

Interview

Typically a recruiter does initial screening over the phone. An interview is setup with the hiring manager and if the candidate is considered for the job a second interview takes place.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience or skills that makes you the right choice ?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you did not succeed in a project? What did u learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Travelers in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via email the day after I applied online. Phone pre-screening set for the next day. The recruiter was polite but rushed the interview. Her questions consisted mainly of background (education, experience, general questions). I was on the phone with her exactly 15 minutes even though she set scheduled 30 minutes. She said that they had a large number of applicants for the position and to contact her back via email for a status update by Monday of the following week. I contacted her via email and she replied that the team passed on my candidacy.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email asking for a phone interview. I was told it would take 20-30 minutes. That was pretty accurate. Basically went over my resume and was asked a couple of other questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you came up with an idea to improve a system.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied via Glassdoor and about a week later I was contacted by the national recruiter for a telephone interview--which took about 20 minutes with basic questions about customer service, recent work history, why I left my recent employer, etc.. A few days later, I received a call from the local recruiter to set up my in-person interview with the unit manager.

During my in-person interview, I met with the unit manager who described the job and basic requirements and what is needed to succeed with the eventual transition into being a claims adjuster. I also met with two current Operation Specialists which was a welcome change from every interview I have ever had.

The manager went through the basics of the position, basic knowledge and requirements for the job and to be successful. His questions were all behavioral questions such as describing challenging situations and how they were handled, how stress and working under pressure are dealt with, what type of environment is the best fit, etc. He also discussed that the position is a required foundation to transition and advance into claims adjusting positions which is what the desired within that unit is.

When I met with the 2 current Operations Specialists they gave me a day-to-day rundown of the job, stress levels, quality expectations, how reviews are handled, how the manager assesses each specialist's strengths and based on those assessments begin to add more responsibilities and focused directions so eventually within 2 years or so transition into becoming a claims adjuster.

It was not a stuffy or stressful type of interview. It was comfortable conversations that allowed not only for the non-stressful answering of questions but allowed for my personality to show through as well and it was easier to build rapport.

At the end of the interview, the manager came in said it was complete and I should know something in 10 days or so.

I have not been offered or not offered a position yet, because as of today, the process is still on-going and the recruiter did not have any status to report. I will know by next week. When I asked if I should contact the national recruiter she said to leave it with her and she would follow-up with me either by email or telephone--it was a relief to know I had not been turned down and that she took the time to get my feedback, apologize for the delay, and to know my follow-up was welcomed and not as impersonal as a lot of processes are these days. That is a BIG plus for me knowing I may work for a company that makes a candidate feel much better about being in Limbo. I applaud that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to transition into the Claims Operations Specialist role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter then was set up for an in person interview. It was 1 interview with 3 levels of management there asking me STAR questions. I was told I'd be interviewing with just one manager, but when I got there it was 3. Tbh 2 of the managers were polite but 1 was really rude and disrespectful. He was texting during my interview and basically told me I was undereducated yet overqualified. Also mentioned all the other more educated applicants they had and outright asked me why would it benefit them to hire me over all these other people. I should have gotten up and walked out then.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers in January 2018.

Interview

Received an email for a phone interview late on a Friday before a holiday weekend. Tried getting back in touch with the recruiter before the interview, but was unsuccessful. Recruiter did end up calling at "proposed" interview time, and was friendly and informative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Overland Park, KS) in July 2018.

Interview

Process began with a call from Recruiting in St. Paul, MN. I completed a 30-40 minute phone interview. After about a week, I received a call from the local office to come in for an interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours, and began with a face-to-face with the direct manager and a video conference with an HR representative. After the first hour, I was directed to someone who has the same position. They explained the processes, day-to-day responsibilities, and allowed time for questions. Then I was sent to the department head for the final stage, which lasted about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Online application then a day later received online assessment like call center type of test and personality and work performance. A day later a recruiter reached out to schedule a phone interview that’s for 2 days later. Phone interview consist of behavioral questions and past experience. Got a more detail description of the job and asked salary requirements. A day after phone interview was contacted by an admin from the job location to schedule an in person interview. That was scheduled for the next week.
    In person interview was with 2 managers. Prior to interview, receptionist gave me a paper to write down why do I want to work for travelers and why am I a good fit to the position. That was just a plain A4 paper with a bunch of lines to write my answer. In person interview consist of getting to know the position, asking about my background, my education, and past work experience. Then was a few pages of behavioral questions. Each of these questions had multiple questions in them so I had to ask the interviewers to repeat a couple of times. This interview was about 2 hours long. Both managers were very kind and professional. I feel that they were personable and was engaging. Seemed to be interested in what I was saying instead of just writing down my response, which they were also doing.
    After this I was asked to stay in the conference room to wait for someone to tell me what happens next. About 5 mins later I was told if I was available, the executive management would like to meet with me now. So I met with the HR director and the department director and had talked more about why I want to work in the field, about my past experience, strength and weakness, and salary expectation. This interview was more relax and didn’t ask about behavioral questions. This is more to get to know me and me to get to know the company. This interview lasted about 35 mins to 40 mins. Again the interviewers were very nice and professional, personable and comfortable to talk to. I was told at the end of the interview I’ll hear back the next week.
    The next week came and I was contacted by the vp of the department and we had a short phone interview. It was about 15-20 mins long and we talked about yet again what I know about the company and why would I want to join. Where I see myself in 5 years and why do I why to work in insurance. At the end of the call I was told I’d be contact by my recruiter soon.
    The very next morning I was contacted my recruiter with a verbal offer and instructions for drug test and background check. I did the test the same day and filled up the bg check web form from HireRight. HireRight contacted my past employers the day after and my drug test result came back a day after that. On the third day I was told I was cleared and received a welcome aboard phone call.
    The whole process from online application to welcome aboard phone call took just a bit over 3 weeks. Very fast process and I have a start day in 3 weeks.
    I had a very positive experience with travelers and I can’t wait to start a career with the company. I was keep well informed the whole way along and everyone I encountered with was pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why travelers   Answer Question
    • Why insurance   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit with the position   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have to work in a team to complete a task   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to multitask to complete a task. What did you do. How do you prioritize. Were you able to complete your task.   Answer Question
    • What did your past manager tell you to improve on   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you did not agree with a decision   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a change of policy or procedure   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you encounter a difficult customer. What did you do. How did you resolve   Answer Question