Travelers Operations Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online on their website and was contacted by an HR talent acquisition consultant the next day via e-mail. She set up a phone screen for a few days later, which lasted about 30 minutes. It was the best phone interview i have ever had. She made me feel so comfortable. Unfortunately, they had offered the job to another candidate but she was kind enough to inform me about another job opening and i applied for it. The next day i received a call from a Manager to set up an in-person interview since i had already done the phone screen. The in-person interview consisted of two separate interviews conducted by two managers and shadowing an employee. It was a great experience and everyone was extremely nice. Three weeks later i had lost hope, but i received that magical call with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a coworker asked you to do something unethical and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Travelers in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via email the day after I applied online. Phone pre-screening set for the next day. The recruiter was polite but rushed the interview. Her questions consisted mainly of background (education, experience, general questions). I was on the phone with her exactly 15 minutes even though she set scheduled 30 minutes. She said that they had a large number of applicants for the position and to contact her back via email for a status update by Monday of the following week. I contacted her via email and she replied that the team passed on my candidacy.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email asking for a phone interview. I was told it would take 20-30 minutes. That was pretty accurate. Basically went over my resume and was asked a couple of other questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you came up with an idea to improve a system.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Windsor, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter. Then he scheduled a fate to face interview. I first met with 2 supervisors and had a panel type of interview. Right after that interview they walked me to the director's office to interview with her as well.

Interview Questions

• 3 strengths and weaknesses?
      What do you know about the position/company?
      Describe duties that you do at current job? How does it relate to this job?
      Why are you seeking for a different job?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter and had about a 30 min informal interview. Thn a few days later I was contacted by the office I was applying to. In office interview is mostly behavioral questions and past work experiences. Overall it was a very enjoyable interview experience.

Interview Questions

• At what point did you have to do something creative to achieve a task.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Interview

The process was about 1 month long. I applied online and was contacted the next day by a recruiter. She went over my job history with me and explained the position. She said someone would get back to me within a week if they were interested. The following week I was called to set up an in person interview. It ended up being a panel interview with 3 people. They were very friendly and asked mostly behavioral questions and a few background questions. I asked them a few questions and then they went into further detail of the position. I was then asked to shadow an employee who was also very nice. All in all I was there for 2 1/2 hours. I was told I would get a response either way within the next week which I did and I came in for a 2nd interview with the Director. That interview was about 45 minutes. I was asked a few behavioral questions, gave me some more insight into the position and then took some questions from me. I was told that I would here back by midweek the next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were asked to do something unethical and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • What has been your greatest career success?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with an employee who was not pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting pay is great no need for negotiation at this point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad at all, but quite lengthy. My interview was scheduled for 11 and I left the building around 1:30. I was not informed over the phone that I would be interviewed by a panel, but the night before after reading other testimonials, I was prepared for a panel or a series of interviews. Long story short, I was interviewed by 3 individuals at once (2 directors and 1 manager). I was overall comfortable in the situation. The questions were normal behavioral questions, however they want you to EXPLAIN IN DETAIL. You definitely have to think and pause for a moment to answer many of them. The interview quickly turned more personal and relaxed after about 10 minutes (they wanted to learn about me as a person thru my experiences and and education). After an hour and a half, I was asked to shadow an employee for about 30 minutes. I was told I know something in the forthcoming weeks with no specific date. The following business day I sent thank you emails to my interviewers. After 3 weeks I have no answer. I reached out to one of the directors and she informed me they are still in the decision making process. I am still remaining patient and optimistic.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview differently than any you have had before?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in March 2015.

Interview

Typically a recruiter does initial screening over the phone. An interview is setup with the hiring manager and if the candidate is considered for the job a second interview takes place.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience or skills that makes you the right choice ?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you did not succeed in a project? What did u learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Travelers (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

Received a phone call to do the initial phone interview. Lasted about 20 minutes: why insurance, what are your goals in the next few years, tell me about yourself. Two weeks later received another call to schedule an in-person interview.