Travelers Outside Property Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Outside Property Claims Representative

Travelers Outside Property Claims Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Travelers

3.6

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Overall process takes about a month.. Sent in resume and received a call the next day to set up phone interview. I set the phone interview for the following day. It is good to keep a copy of your resume in front of you when on the phone interview (which lasted about 35 mins). Received an email the same afternoon confirming a date to come in for phase 2 of the process which is taking the 7 part exam. The exam is not extremely difficult but not very easy either (math, grammar, vocab, etc). Received a phone call about 4 days later that I had passed the exam and set an appointment for part 3 of the process which is the in person interview. This could be a bit intimidating because it last for about 3 hours. Just be prepared for a bunch of behavioral questions (what did you do in this situation). Also you will be interviewed in front of a panel. Have not heard back yet, still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to change the scope of work in the middle of a project..   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA).

Interview

Slow process - standard HR questions, situational questions (i.e. give a time when...). Testing given to determine if you can read/write/follow direction such as given a map and then asked to identify addresses, direction, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Travelers was unwilling to negotiate any aspect of the hiring level/salary/vacation time

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Assessment is a little challenging because it's timed. Just make sure to answer all the questions.

Interview was slightly intimidating but make sure to prepare ahead of time and remember to be confident.

I receive a contingent offer a week after the interview and my background check was clear about a week after that.

FYI: They do a motor vehicle report for this position so make sure your driving record is acceptable.

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in June 2016.

Interview

The process is very long and in depth. You start out doing a 30+ min phone screening(typical screening), discuss resume, position and company.

If you pass the phone screening you are invited to take a 3.5 hour assessment. All of the people in my session did not take that long but you are given the time if needed. Only section that was remotely challenging was the math section.

After passing the assessment you are invited back for a round of interviews. 1st with two department managers, 2nd with somebody in the position you are applying for, 3rd with the Hr manager and boss of first two managers.

I heard back within a week with a offer. The background check and drug screening took two weeks but that was more the 3rd party companies fault. Very stressful but overall, extremely worth it!!!

Interview Questions

• Know a bunch of work examples from past employment on how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer was more then expected.

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in September 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a talent acquisition employee. The interview was scheduled and it was a full day process. The day began with a 7 part, 3.5 hour assessment. Those who passed the assessment were scheduled for afternoon interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult situation and what did you do to resolve it.   1 Answer

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, two weeks later got a call for the phone interview, phone interview was over an hour. A week later was set up to take the assessment test, that was hard 7 sections containing between 35 and 81 questions and 30 minutes to answer them all. A lot of reading the claims policy and answer if it is or isnt covered.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with being deployed from home in the event of a major disaster for 14 to 48 days?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online, at either Indeed.com or greatinsurancejobs.com (can't remember!) during the last week of June. On July 1 I got an email from their HR department scheduling a phone interview for July 6. The interview went well and I was emailed an application to complete. HR then scheduled me for an assessment test on July 21 in Diamond Bar CA. Since I live in the San Diego area it was a bit of a trek, but I was happy to do it.

The assessment test was not too bad. It was myself and two other candidates in a testing room, each with our own workstation, pad, pencils, calculator, bottled water, etc. We started at 9am and went to about 12pm, with a break in between. The assessment was just as reported: math, logic, spelling, reasoning ability, map reading, writing a claims rejection letter, etc. All pretty basic and the facilitator made it very relaxing. Not a lot of stress at all. After we were dismissed from the assessment, I was called back in and informed that I passed and they were scheduling in person interviews. Mine was scheduled for two weeks later, August 5.

The interview process started at 8:30am. I met with two managers, one in person and one over the phone. We all talked for about an hour and a half. They reviewed my resume and experience and did the STAR questions. I then had an opportunity to ask them about Travelers, their impressions of the company, what the job would be like on any given day, etc. Very Nice and, again, not too stressful. After that I was invited to speak with a current outside property adjuster over the phone.

This was great because I was able to ask him just about every question I could think of for the day to day stuff, time management, workload, the company car, etc. He was very patient as I had a lot of questions! Following that was the executive committee interview.

I met with a VP, a Claims manager and the HR Director. All 3 were very nice. They acknowledged that this had been a long morning for me, and they proceeded to ask many similar questions to ones asked by the two managers earlier. I had a chance to get to know about them and their experiences with Travelers, which they were happy to share. And then, it was over - 3 1/2 hours after I got there.

Sunday Aug 7 I sent a "thank you" email to the facilitator. I had no thoughts that I would get a call from the field manager on Aug 8, but that is exactly what happened. We talked for a few minutes and he thanked me for coming up to the LA area for the interviews, and that was that.

Tuesday morning Aug 9, 8am sharp, I get a call from HR with the job offer! I was floored and excited!

Amazing starting salary, complete training, company car...where do I stop?!? It took 6 weeks from start to offer, but what can I say, I am thrilled to be part of the Travelers team!

Interview Questions

• Tell us an area you need to work on to be a more effective employee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered way more than I was expecting, so I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

You first go through a phone screen interview with the HR. The interview is about 45 minutes. They ask you questions regarding your resume and at the end they ask you insurance terms. After this part, if you passed then they schedule an assessment. The assessment is 7 parts and takes about 3.5 hours. You have to pass all 7 sections in order to get an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Know the insurance terms like what is an HO2 policy? What is co-insurance? What is a declarations page?   Answer Question

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The interview process was very detailed and long. Contacted by recruiter, then brought in for 3hr assessment, then brought back for a 3 hr interview with 2 managers, a peer interview and HR.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Long and redundant. Expect you to take a whole day off just for them. Testing has nothing to do with application. Multiple interviews with the same questions asked in different ways. I could think of a better way to waste a day.

Interview Questions

• To do a whole bunch of field calculations that in real life you have apps for   1 Answer

Travelers Response

Sep 26, 2017 – VP, Human Resources

Thank you for the honest review. We hear you and we are excited to say that we roll out new online assessments within the next month. Candidates will be able to take an assessment at their own... More