Travelers Outside Property Claims Representative Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Outside Property Claims Representative Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2017

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

First you set up a phone interview which basically consists of the person explaining the job and then asking some basic questions regarding yourself and your work history. I don't think many people fail this, and basically if you get called you'll end up being moved on to the assessment test. The assessment isn't bad at all. As long as you can do basic math, read maps, and can read an insurance policy, you'll do just fine. After the assessment, you will sit down with someone that does property claims. This is the opportunity to ask questions. They will ask about your work history, experience with insurance, etc. This is sort of a pre-interview, so do your best to impress with the questions. After that, you'll sit down before 2 or more people and begin the more formal interview where they will ask a lot of questions based on the star format. The questions aren't hard, however do your best to give good examples. Unfortunately for me, a lot of the questions I actually answered within the first few questions, which sort of left them fumbling to try and figure out more questions to ask (they have a sheet that gives them the questions to ask). Prior to the interview, I was talking with some of the other candidates that were interviewing at the same time, and I learned that one of the guys had some people talking for him. It's to my understanding that he got the job, which really bummed me out because I really wanted the job and had actually done some prior studying for property claims and am working towards getting certified on my own. He had actually told us that he only put in for the job because of the people he knew pushing him to do so, and that he really wasn't even looking to get into insurance prior to that. I know that's how it works sometimes, but it still puts a bad taste in your mouth when you really want something but get passed up for someone who is doing it just because. With that said, I do hope another opportunity arises and that I get the chance to apply again. I think I'd really enjoy working here if given the chance, and there is no doubt I'd be one of the hardest workers that they've ever hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to make a quick decision?
    Name a time where you made a decision that was the wrong decision? What were the consequences?
    Why do you want to work at Travelers?
    What do you know about Travelers?
    Tell us about your contributions to your employer, What have you done to make things better?
    *Some of these aren't word for word, but pretty close*   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Filled out application for a position that had a two month old post date. Recruiter ask you standard questions to see if you are a good fit. They schedule you for assessment which ws easy, pretty standard questions. Then they allow you to interview with 2 managers. Standard STAR questions which I felt I aced. After the interview was told they still had to interview more people and will get back to me. After a week never got any feedback and left messages with recruiter and interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle multiple task at once.   1 Answer

Outside Property Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The process is a joke, it takes forever and then some.... If you read the really long detailed one that is under this section it is all true. First phone, then test, then interview the whole time they tell you you will hear back in a couple of days but they burn through there recruiters so fast if you dont follow up you wont make it.

I interviewed twice before an offer, and both times I made it passed the phone interview with no problem. However both times I was told I would get a call back to set up my in person and never did I waited like fours days before calling back, and asking what was going on. (And I am sure that someone out there is saying that it was you not them) But I checked them on linkedin in both cases with in a week of my interview they were at new companies

Interview Questions

• The questions they ask are so random and all star based   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers (Birmingham, AL) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied for the job online on May 21. I got contacted from a recruiter two days later to set up the phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and I was just asked questions about my work experience and skills. I got an email from a senior recruiter about a week later to schedule an assessment test in Alpharetta, GA. I went to the assessment on June 15. It consisted of 5 or 6 different parts related to insurance, personality, Excel, grammar, etc. Me and one other candidate passed the assessment so we had an interview later that afternoon. The two other candidates failed so they were sent home. I was interviewed by two managers and it lasted about 30 minutes. They just asked me more about my work experience and skills. It was one of my better interviews but I received a letter in the mail today (June 23, 2012) stating that I was not among the top candidates. I feel like the second interview was a bit pointless because they asked some of the same questions that were given during the phone interview. I'm not too sure what they are really looking for in candidates.