Travelers Interview Questions in Overland Park, KS | Glassdoor

3.3

Sort:

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Overland Park, KS) in April 2010.

Interview

Extremely positive and comfortable first interview with HR manager. Was told that I would be called back in 2-3 weeks. Actually received a call from them for second interview with 3 business days. Second interview scheduled with co-worker and the "bosses boss". That interview lasted 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What type of time management system do you use?   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Overland Park, KS) in June 2010.

Interview

There will be a phone interview, that will go through a series of behavioral questions. Will only last about 30 minutes. Really helps to know someone that works for the company to use as a reference. There may be a test depending on the department. Test will be given for any property, or auto position. Workers Compensation does not warrant a test. If you pass your test you will be interviewed by a panel of Unit Managers. Typically 2 or 3 with 1 being the manager that you will be under. The interview format is all behavioral questions. If you do well in the interview you will meet with the business Line lead and sit with an employee that currently does the job you are applying for. Be sure to ask them questions and appear interested because they are apart of the process and submit their feedback. You will receive an offer via telephone and it will be contingent on passing a drug screen and background check which includes , credit, criminal and driving record. If you successfully pass the background check you will be contacted and offered the position.

Process takes 1-2 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself
      Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult or demanding customer?
      What is your biggest Strength?
      What is your biggest Weakness?
      How do you handle Stress and Pressure?
      Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.
      Give me an example of a time you had to deal with change.
      Tell me about a time when you had to analyze facts quickly, define key issues, and respond immediately or develop a plan that produced good results.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable but the salary will be higher then any other company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

The process was relatively simple and direct. I was interviewed in front of a VP of Underwriting and a few underwriting managers.

Interview Questions

• Know about the industry specifics and specifics about your division.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Overland Park, KS) in March 2008.

Interview

Three interviews and six months with $30,000 drop in pay to secure a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. If you need the job and they know it, you have to take what they offer.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Overland Park, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and within a week, I received an email to set up a phone interview with the HR recruiter to get to know me a little more and find out what I am looking for. A week later, I received a phone call to set up a face to face interview. I scheduled the interview for a week later to meet for a panel interview. The interview questions were basic in nature. What are your weaknesses, strengths, etc. At the end of the interview, I didn't feel I wanted to pursue the job further. The employees I came across didn't look happy.

Interview Questions

• What would you employer say was something you needed to work on   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Overland Park, KS) in July 2018.

Interview

Process began with a call from Recruiting in St. Paul, MN. I completed a 30-40 minute phone interview. After about a week, I received a call from the local office to come in for an interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours, and began with a face-to-face with the direct manager and a video conference with an HR representative. After the first hour, I was directed to someone who has the same position. They explained the processes, day-to-day responsibilities, and allowed time for questions. Then I was sent to the department head for the final stage, which lasted about 30 minutes.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

applied through company website. completed a phone interview. attended job fair and interviewed with a few people. took a half day from work to complete their exam which took a few hours. interviewed with 2 more people. waited 30 days for the joke of a background check. received offer

Interview Questions

• Time me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

not open to negotiation.

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Overland Park, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very extensive; be ready to spend a full day there. Had a interview with two people, lunch with a manager, shadow a current employee, and a final interview with head manager.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environment best suits you?   1 Answer

Claims Professional Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Travelers (Overland Park, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

Based on behavioral questions. It was not bad at all. Two managers asked questions about situational what ifs and how I responded to situations in the past. The managers wanted very specific examples for me to share. It was only difficult in the sense that for tasks done repeatedly throughout the work day, week, month, a lot of those tasks blend together and it's hard to find one really good example.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you caught an error that you made. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

Applied online, contacted within a week via email to set up 30 min phone interview, at end of phone interview was told someone would be reaching out to set up in person interview. Was contacted via email to set up in person interview the following week. Had one hour interview with hiring manager and someone who worked in the department, pretty casual ole conversation and STAR questions. Within 3 business days received and accepted offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths
      How do you handle working with different personalities   Answer Question