Travelers Product Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Product Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

Product Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview then if contacted back, you get invited to the HQ for the day consisting of 3 interviews and a lunch. Before the Interviews you take an analytical exam of math and reading.

Interview Questions

• Fairly straightforward. Resume, behavioral, and trying to get to know what projects you have been involved.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in July 2008.

Interview

The entire interview process took almost 2 months. I had a very brief discussion with a recruiter (head hunter) who cold called me and then asked me to send my resume, which I did. I was then called by a recruiter on the HR team from home office and had a pretty lengthy phone interview with him really giving me more information (company structure, job responsibilities, etc...) than I was giving him. He then scheduled a phone interview with a member of the department I would be reporting to, this was a pretty extensive phone interview (30 - 45 minutes), with lots of questions about projects I had worked on, analysis approaches, challenges, etc... I also asked him about relationships with other departments, responsibilities, etc. The recruiter I spoke with also passed me off to a recruiter for another department, so I did a second phone interview with her. They then scheduled me to come onsite for 2 days of interviews (one for each position). The personal lines area had an extensive battery of computer analytical exams, as well as 4-5 one-on-one interviews with various director- and AVP-level associates. I also had a lunch with one of the AVPs. The day ended with some really odd personal questions with an HR employee for the department, along with a brief explanation of their benefits program. This process was very exhausting. The 2nd day was with the commercial department and was all one-on-one interviews with pretty dynamic and interesting members of their team (all levels). This included a lunch with a mid-level manager, which I found very interesting, candid, and honest.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things you would do with a brick if I gave you one right now?   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It took about 4 months. 1st a call with HR. Basic questions like why do you want to work here. 2nd an interview with the two Product Managers. It was less formal and more a conversation where they explained what they did. 3rd an interview with the Director, again informal convo.

The interviews didn't take long, maybe a month or so. The hiring part took the longest. After the interviews the HR rep went mute. They were interested then they told me they wanted to continue interviewing everyone else, which took a few months.

When they did call me to tell me I got the job, HR rep was a little strange. She called me two weeks after that and told me again that I had the job, as if she was telling me for the first time. They wanted me to interview with another person, but then never heard back when I offered my availability. We negotiated the salary. Then they were supposed to send me all the details (vacay etc) and didn't, even though I asked for it via email. They again went mute for a couple of weeks or so. Then I received the offer letter and phone calls from the managers congratulating me on the new job - though I hadn't signed the contract and had just received it.

The offer was contingent on a criminal, credit, and employment background check which they've outsourced to Hireright. The employment check is for the past 7 years of employment. They verify dates and salary.

They give minimal vacay days. They call it 'Paid Time Off' which includes sick time etc. Which is weird. They PTO was 20 I think.

Once I read the terms and conditions I asked the HR rep to send me more details on the bonus and why HireRight had the right to know my salary for the past 7 years, but didn't get it. I eventually rejected the offer.

They didn't manage the offer process well. It was long and disorganised. It took about a month from the time I got the call that I've was hired to the time I received the contract. I also didn't get the answers I needed. The whole interview process was long too - they wanted to hire me one min then went mute, then called me to offer me the job. But by that point months had passed and the initial excitement that is there from doing the interviews had faded.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did negotiate by upping the offer by a few thousand, but then said that they were not going back tot he drawing board.