Travelers Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Project Manager Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in December 2011.

Interview

1 - Applied online
2 - Received call from recruiter 16 days later to schedule phone interview for the following day
3 - Phone interview with recruiter, was 20 minutes late for the scheduled call, was very fast paced with the questions and seemingly wanted more personal details than professional experience details at one point (which was simply put - uncalled for and unprofessional especially this early in the process let alone at all). At the end (after about 45 minutes), was told I was being forwarded on to the hiring manager of which I would hear back within 1-2 weeks regarding next steps as there is only a weekly checkpoint with the hiring manager to get approval on who they are interested in moving forward with.
4 - Despite my follow-up inquiries, I didn't hear anything until 3 weeks later that they were moving forward with other candidates. If there is one thing to say at this point, the rejection was a personal e-mail versus automated form rejection message...

Interview Questions

• How many years of Project Management experience do you have?   Answer Question
  • Do you have experience managing project budgets?   Answer Question
  • What was the largest project budget that you managed?   Answer Question
  • What was the largest project team that you managed - number of resources, locations, direct/indirect reports, etc?   Answer Question
  • Do you have presentation experience with senior leaders?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in January 2011.

Interview

13 interviews for a mid-level job. I was planning to walk away and the next call was the offer. There were multiple in-person interviews, phone interviews with various VP's, peer interviews, recruiter screening. I learned they are always hiring because people are frequently leaving the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hiring manager did not pay attention to the salary that was noted on the application or from our discussions. This was a bit frustrating as I would have never spent the time to interview. In the end she said she would contact my previous employer to confirm I was telling the truth when it came to the offer. That along with the number of interviews should have been my read flag.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers in May 2008.

Interview

Pretty standard process - didn't appear to be scripted

Negotiation

They were willing to negotiate on salary