Travelers Quantitative Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2018.

Interview

Got invited to a coffee chat about quantitative research associate position, handed in my resume, and got invited for an interview.

1st round: 30 minute on-campus interview. Variety of behavioral questions and 1 brain teaser.
2nd round: Essay prompt testing quantitative skills and aptitude for applying them to investment analysis.
3 rd round: Phone interview with quantitative research team.
Final Round: Onsite. Did not make it to final round.

1 and 2nd round were alright. The job seemed interesting.
However, 3rd round completely threw me off. Instead of focusing on my skills and behavior, I was asked series of questions about my past internship. VERY RUDE. I was very uncomfortable during the entire interview and had my guard up throughout the entire process.

Then, they asked me about what other positions I am applying for. I told them I am applying for some trading and quantitative engineering positions. I also told them I'd rather be doing more long term investments but they ignored that and assumed that I was more interested in high-frequency trading. I never mentioned the term "high-frequency" during the interview.

Seriously, what are they looking for? If you are trying to recruit engineering students into finance, then you better expect to compete with trading firms and what they consider to be "high-frequency". Clearly they don't seem to know what they are up against.

Interview Questions