Travelers Interview Questions in Rancho Cordova, CA | Glassdoor

Interviews at Travelers

Sort:

Claims Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

Applied online and had to take an hour and a half test online then got emailed for a 30 min. phone interview, followed by an in-person interview that took almost 2 hours. I had two guys interviewing me, one of the guys was annoyingly kind of rude I wasn't feeling him at all, which made me not want to work for the company anyways. They asked literally 13 STAR based question, it was overkill let me tell you. After that they had two employees come in and I had to ask them questions about the job. They honestly were not helpful at all they would say things like "I don't know" or "that's a difficult question to answer" so this part was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• STAR based questions. All of them were situational and started with "tell me about a time...." etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

I had an interview with the current manager at the time and the 1 emoloyee working in the department. After an hour meeting I was offered a position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high stress situations?   1 Answer

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers (Rancho Cordova, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by Human Resources via email to schedule an interview for the following day. The HR Rep. was 10 minutes late for our scheduled appointment. In the interview, I felt that the rep. was a bit condescending and rude, in addition to seeming aloof as to what she was interviewing me for. She kept inquiring whether I had any "general liability" experience, and confusing that with my experience forming various corporate entities (i.e. Limited Liability Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships, etc.). It was clear that she didn't have the necessary knowledge needed to adequately assess legal talent.

I feel that someone in the legal department should've conducted the interview to determine whether I was qualified or not. In any case, the job paid less than what I was already making, so no harm done.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Travelers (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

Received a phone call to do the initial phone interview. Lasted about 20 minutes: why insurance, what are your goals in the next few years, tell me about yourself. Two weeks later received another call to schedule an in-person interview.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Rancho Cordova, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a call only a couple days after applying. It was a very brief phone interview that essentially screened me for the in-person. Questions like "what drew you to travelers?" and "what do you know about our company?" I was honest that I knew almost nothing about the company, and that didn't seem to phase her. We set up a time for the assessment. I came in to the office to take it one morning that week. It took a couple hours and consisted of fairly simple math questions (adding w/ decimals, multiplication and I think some division), situational questions with diagrams showing the scene of an accident (choose which picture matches the description, know your NorthSouthEastWest) spelling questions (choose the right spelling of this word, multiple choice), a typing test, and a data entry test (essentially typing as well, but more specific). I passed the assessment, I soon found out a few days later, and set up an interview with two managers. This one didn't go as well for me because I wasn't prepared for the "tell us about a time when..." questions. These will almost exclusively be about making mad customers happy and multitasking. They will be so damn vague they'll throw you (e.g. "Tell us about a time when you had to multitask.") After this interview, they informed me that I would soon be interviewing with some executives. They even checked there and then to see if any were available, or so they told me. They returned to the room promptly and told me I was excused for the day. It's been fourteen days. I called them exactly a week later, as requested, and they told me to keep checking the portal on their website. I was hoping at least for the standard rejection email so that I could move on. Perhaps they really do take several weeks to move forward. Perhaps they're unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had an angry customer? How did you handle that?   1 Answer

Claim Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Rancho Cordova, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online for a claims adjuster position. Contacted for a phone interview(2-3 months later) and was referred to a different position(operations specialist). I filled out that application and took an assessment(call center simulation). Had an in person interview within a week. Interview took 2 hours and went over background and STAR questions, met with current members of the team. Was contacted with offer within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to adjust your communication style in order to complete an assignment or project?   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Rancho Cordova, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on website. Received call next day to review resume and my interest.

At the end of the call I was advised I would receive a call from another manager. The next day I received a call and again reviewed my resume. At the end of the call I was advised I would receive a call for a face to face.

Got the call and set it up for the face to face. I was brought in a conference room with 3 managers and they went through a packet and asked me questions.

After that I received a call the next day stating they wouldn't be moving forward. I asked why and they stated they wanted me to know more about the company and that my reasoning for leaving my current job for more money at travelers wasn't good enough.

I felt from the beginning it was a losing battle. One manager in the interview didn't even say a word or make eye contact. It was a tad awkward.

All in all I usually get any job I interview for so this was a surprise. On to the next one.

Auto Property Damage Claim Professional Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Rancho Cordova, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was called about two months after submitting an application. I scheduled a pre-interview for the next week. I then met with a supervisor from the Auto Claims department, who asked me some typical preliminary questions as well as some questions about my resume. He then told me a little bit about the position, and explained that the next step (if I was chosen to continue on in the process) would involve coming in to take some assessment tests. He told me that I would have to pass every test in order to move on to the next part of the hiring process, which involves a peer interview followed by an interview with the higher-ups. I was called in for testing a couple weeks later. Many of the tests were challenging, so much so that I didn't have time to complete all of them. I asked afterwards if not completing one or more of the tests would disqualify me from further consideration, and I was told that it would not. Based on this, I think it would be better for you to answer some questions correctly as opposed to just filling in random answers once you know you're running out of time (most of the tests are multiple choice). For me, I received a call the next week informing me that I failed the math portion of the test. I was told that I could reapply in six months, and that I would only have to take the test that I had initially failed if I was again selected for consideration. Overall, I found the hiring process to be pretty intense. I had to leave work early in order to complete the pre-interview, I had to schedule four hours off in order to do the testing, and I would have had to take more time off if I had made it through the testing and into the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you had to made a difficult decision.   2 Answers