Travelers Interview Questions in Saint Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.7

ITLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

3 Round interview process. Phone, in person (3 1 hour long interview) then one with a IT director.

I was told I will be informed within one to two weeks if I get hired or not. Several months have past and I still have not heard back from Travelers (nor an email). I just assumed I didn't get the role once one month passed.

ITLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Overall good but long interview process. Before I write about the ITLDP interview process I would just like to say that it is a very selective program and they are very careful about who they hire into the program as all of Travelers Leadership Development programs including the ITLDP are flagship programs that create future leaders for the company.

Now the interview Process:
    3 Steps

Step 1. Phone Screen
    A month after applying online, I heard directly from a IT manager to schedule phone screen, interview was 30 minutes. The actual interview was mostly behavioral questions and interviewer expanded on my answers.

Step 2. In-Person Interview at Saint Paul, MN
    Was flown to Saint Paul, MN and provided very nice hotel close to their office building. About a week after phone screen was called to schedule in person interview. This is the main and most important part of the interview process. I had 3 30-45 minute interviews with the ITLDP Manager, IT Lead and an ITLDP Participant. First two interviews were mostly behavioral with STAR and leadership questions. Third interview was critical thinking questions. Interviewers did ask me to elaborate or expand/follow-up questions on my answers. After interviews we all gathered together and had catered lunch.

Step 3. Final Executive Level Interview
    A week after in-person interview was called and told that I was recommended for a executive level interview and that the company executive (i.e. VP or Director) would have the final say. Two months after my in-person interview had executive level interview with a VP of IT through video conference at a local Travelers office (since I am based in California). This interview was primarily about my leadership skills and style and what I wanted to do and where I could see myself in the future.

Overall experience was positive and I was impressed with the professionalism, friendliness and facilities of Travelers.

Just a heads up, time from initial contact to getting a offer could take some time (but your case may be different). For me it took 6 months. First contact in October 2016 and Offer Letter in March 2017.

Nonetheless its certainly worth it to wait this long for the ITLDP opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How would you create an Information System?   1 Answer

Human Resources Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview then moves on to an in person interview with two managers. Both the phone interview and in person interviews are pretty standard, "tell me about a time when...." questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when there was an escalation in a customer service setting and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Data Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

The Interview went just like a conversation you would have with a friends dad. Semi formal conversation just flows rather than just asking questions. The list below is the order of people I met with during Interview process
    Would be Direct Manager
    Hiring Manager
    HR-G
    2VP
    VP

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in security?   1 Answer

Actuarial (AALDP) - Full Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

From applying online to job offer it was a 1 month process. However, Travelers did a fantastic job of keeping me in the loop and working with my timelines.

I applied online, had a phone interview with 2 individuals, a little over a week had passed and I was asked for an onsite interview. This was an intense process a lot of behavioral questions and a good 7 hour interview meeting with a multitude of people. Everyone was extremely friendly and informative.

I had a unique situation with a short timeline for a decision but Travelers was very responsive and helpful through the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do something that was out of your technical expertise and how did you accomplish this task?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Travelers?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose the school you went to or the first job you had?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, came in person one day for an extended interview with two department managers at the same time (I was surprised how many questions were asked. One manager kept going through about five pages of behavioral interview questions), and then with the director and a senior department manager.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

Referred internally. Interviewed w/ a total of 7 people - two phone w/ HR. Both seemed to go very well. Invited in for interview w/ manager + 2 team members, HR said initial feedback was favorable. Asked to come back two weeks later for 2nd round. Interviewed w/ 2 VP's. 6 weeks later and still no answer up or down despite calls to internal HR recruiter. Unbelievable lack of professionalism. Up or down folkes. "No answer" indicates a culture of arrogance and lack of respect for applicants.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions - "Tell me a time when you..."   1 Answer

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

Submitted a resume via email and received a voicemail about a week later to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. Heard back a week later from a contracting service saying I received the job and the logistics would be handled through their service.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have worked on with excel and how excel helped you to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

I went through a staffing agency and was called for an in-person interview. I met with a supervisor and then the manager of the team separately. Both women were extremely friendly and did a great job of explaining the position (which turned out to be completely different than the description given to me by the staffing agency). There was quite a bit of overlap in their questions but they were fairly easy. The interview process didn't feel stressful; although they were writing down much of what I said, the two interviewers were quick to smile and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a co-worker that you didn't like or had trouble working with.   Answer Question

The commute to downtown St. Paul would have been very long from my house. It was also a contract position and I wanted something more stable.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

2 interviews in person. One on college campus and one at St. Paul location. The interviews were one on one and there where also group interviewsa. One phone interview before

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.