Travelers Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Sales Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Travelers

3.3

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The interview process lasted from the first week of June 2017 until the last week in August. My first interview was a phone interview conducted by the Talent Specialist. She was surprisingly very supportive and advised that she would be moving me on to the next step of the interview process. I was contacted by the hiring manager a week later to schedule the second round of interviews. The third and fourth round interviews were each scheduled about two after the preceding interview.

The process was very involved as I kept thinking to my self..how many more rounds? . There were times that I felt extremely confident, and other times, I was left second guessing my performance during the interviews. The time between interviews provided time to evaluate all aspects of the position, and determine if it was the correct next step for my career. I was not necessarily unhappy with my current role, but I knew Travelers reputation and various career options would provide the growth I had been seeking.

In total, I interviewed with six people ranging from the title of Executive to VP. Overall, each interview was a positive experience because it gave me the opportunity to learn more out the people in the organization and the organization. By the completion of my final interview, I developed a strong connection with the role and knew it was the correct step for my career. I was elated to received the call from the Talent Specialist letting me know that Traveler's was interested. I think think two and half weeks (20 days) was a long time to wait to hear back, however the TS explained to me why there was a delay. The TS and I did some negotiating prior to the final offer being presented. When the final offer was presented there was no need to negotiate anything further as we were able to agree on all terms. I was extremely satisfied with the care, time, and professionalism that went into the negotiations Both Travelers and I were clear on our expectations and we were able to find an agreement.

I am sure every person will have a different experience especially depending on the role for which you are applying. The consistent theme is that Travelers takes their time to select talent. If you are serious about your desire to be part of this company you will use the interview process to understand the organization you are joining. Good luck!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Dallas, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for the sales executive position. I was contacted to schedule a phone interview with the recruiter first, which I had within in a couple of days. After a successful phone interview, I was asked to speak with the Regional SD for another phone interview. After another very successful conversation, I was asked to speak with a Sr. Sales Executive, to learn more about the day in/out of the SE role. After another great conversation, I heard back from the recruiter and was then asked to schedule a series of in-person interviews. The interviews were scheduled at their regional office, which was about 200 miles away, and there no was mention of reimbursement for travel or any other accommodations. Which I was fine with as I was very interested in the role. There were four interviews scheduled that day from 10a to 1:30p, first interview was with the Regional VP (who no showed) and the Regional SD, second interview was with the Sr. SE (I previously spoke to), the third interview was with Regional Ops. Director and the final interview was with the Director of HR. After completion of the interviews (with no lunch), I was told I was one of two final candidates and should hear back within in a few days. I heard back within a few days and was offered the job! Prior to, I reviewed the notes here on indeed and read about the bonus structure for the SE position, and when I inquired about that, I was informed by HR that it was a convoluted system (their words) and about 1/4 SE 's earn a bonus and it normally amounts to less than 5% of your base salary. With knowing that, I countered the offer to a round number (<$4k) and was told that should be doable. I was also informed then, cryptically, that I would need to complete one thing and it has to be done within 72 hours. A drug test I'm sure, since the role does provide a company car. I informed the HR person I was headed out of town for family vacation and would be back the following week, and there were no issues with that on their end, other than not being able to finalize the offer until I met the "last requirement." Upon my return, I notified them that I was back from vacation and I was told I would hear back the next day. This is where the wheels fell off, I was confused why I had to wait another day after being verbally offered the job, but after 7 interviews, traveling on my own dime, I was ready to work for Travelers even though I had an uneasy feeling. When I spoke to the HR rep. and the Sr. SE (who I found was promoted and would be the new direct report), that following day. I was informed they had rescinded the offer!! Needless to say I was very confused and aggravated and when I inquired why, I was informed that Regional VP decided to rescind my offer and re-post the position to gather a larger candidate pool. So, the one person who didn't attend my round of in-person interviews, made the call to pull the rug out from underneath me and then had the HR rep and Sr. SE give me the bad news. When I asked if it was something I did (counter the offered?) or didn't do I was told no, just that the Regional VP wanted to start over and ensure they have the right hire. From the time of my first phone interview and them informing me they were passing on me, it was approximately 5 weeks. 3 phone interviews, 4 in-person interviews, a 400 mile round trip for the in-person interviews (with no lunch or offer), a verbal offer of the role, and then zilch. I've been in the workforce for about 15 years and I've never been treated that poorly, Ever! I think Travelers the company, is a great insurer but their hiring practices need a lot of work. This is a sub $100k job and I've had three other roles that paid in excess of that amount, and they were easier to get through the hiring process and for the one other job I didn't get hired for, I was informed promptly, professionally, and on the front end from the hiring manager. Be very cautious with this company and keep applying/interviewing elsewhere until you sign the dotted line. Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• Does working with a different office (Independent agents), and or agencies bother you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Nashville, TN) in June 2010.

Interview

Good process overall. The recruiter was helpful and the management team was friendly. The had me do a presentation with about 30 minutes to prepare. They said they were trying something new that part of the process didn't seem that well defined. The scope of the job could have been explained better earlier in the process. It was less responsibility than I had in my current role, although the title was more impressive.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to move to Tenn.   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

Be prepared to go through several rounds of interviews and the generic behavior based question. "Tell me a time when you faced a challenge...blah blah blah..." Already been at Travelers for 5+ years and applying for a different internal role? Be prepared to be interviewed like someone who is outside the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you faced a challenge. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Hunt Valley, MD) in August 2011.

Interview

Regional Sales Director was very supportive during process. RVP asked more difficult questions and took intensive notes. Offered examples of a webinar & business plan that I created to show skill level.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle agency objections?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Started interview process with a phone interview with an HR manager and the hiring manager. Next was flown in to interview with five individuals in Hartford, CT including financial analyst, HR mgr, hiring manager, senior acct sales rep. and a sales executive. I never received any type of decline. It would had been nice if they called or emailed to let me know they decided to hire another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Looking back, what would you have done differently in your last position?   Answer Question