Travelers Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.5

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a few weeks for a phone interview with recruiter which was followed up by three calls with different department managers. The interview with the recruiter was very casual just asked a few questions to ensure I was competent before putting me in front of other employees. Additional interviews went will but never heard back from two of the departments.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked as a group on a project that presented a challenge to how you originally planned to carry out your work   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

First a phone call from the Home Office. I was then sent a more in depth application to fill out. I'm assuming this is to prepare for a background check. Then I got called in for an in person interview. Very relaxed. It's been a few days and I have not heard back.

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Glendale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with five different people over the entire process. Interviews were largely conversational. The first interview was a phone interview, then was asked to go to their Diamond Bar location for an interview with two people. After this interview, I was asked to go to their Glendale location to interview with another two people. The University Relations recruiter who I had been in contact with throughout the process told me he would let me know on a specific week whether or not I had gotten the internship. I never heard back from anybody at Travelers and had to be told I had not gotten the internship by the student organization that had set me up to interview with them. Was told that interviewers could not connect what I was telling them with a passion behind it. Drove a lot to attend the interviews and Travelers did not feel the need to call or send me an email letting me know they had not chosen me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work under a tight deadline   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Great interview process. Relaxed, just want to get to know who you are in the office visit. Most of the questions revolve around who you are and if you like fast-paced, challenging work.

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

There is a phone interview/screening before the in-person interview at the office. Everyone was really friendly, and the interview was basically all behavioral and was very conversational, they just want to get a feel for your personality, and there were no technical questions at all. There were 2 rounds of the in-person interviews during the same day, with about 3-4 people interviewing you in each set, but it wasn't an intimidating environment at all.

Interview Questions

• Why insurance, Why Travelers, walk me through your resume, tell me 3 strengths and weaknesses,   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

One interview. Went smoothly. Very easy to find out what questions were by asking around online. The men were very nice who interviewed me and I had several emails back and forth before they never responded with a yes or no for a second interview.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter within 24 hrs but took 3 weeks to schedule 1st phone interview. Next I gave 3 in-person interviews all of them were easy and straightforward. Waiting for final decision

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day saying they wanted to schedule me for an interview over the phone. We set up that interview and they called me just to tell me about the position and to tell me that I had been pushed through to the next round. then I was given a phone interview with two people. Questions were kind of difficult, but nothing that you couldnt prepare for. I havent heard back yet about the job

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavorial questions. Tell me about a time when..   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Hiring process begins with a phone interview which is usually easygoing. Next the real interview subsisted of situational questions and interests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver a tough message.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an entry level position, no negotiation is possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Athens, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Very corporate interview on campus. Two people interviewed me. Some of the questions were what do you know about Travelers, tell me about a time where you had many tasks at hand and how you prioritized those tasks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you volunteered for an organization and tell me about about a person you had an impact on. What was his or her name?   Answer Question

The interview process is ongoing.