Travelers Underwriter Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Underwriter Trainee Interview Questions

3.3

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

First a phone interview followed by a in person interview. Very informal, more of a question and answer period. Very interesting and cool. Managers were pilot and highly interested in hearing me speak. I would recommend that one does their homework and as an In depth understanding. Of underwriting and what it intails

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Very long process, sent around to many departments before being placed in one. Had to send multiple follow up emails. Phone interviews were basic situational questions and personal interest. In person interview was three employees from the department and myself.

Interview Questions

• How do you react to someone that is very upset at you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was short. It was a group interview of 3 people and they asked the typical behavioral questions. The interviewers wer very nice and friendly. They were not intimidating at all. Overall great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I put in an application online and received an email requesting time for phone interview. I spoke with an HR rep the next week and was asked general questions about why underwriting, why I chose my degree and why I chose to apply. I was then told that I would hear something in the near future about an onsite interview. A week later I received an email informing me of the interview times and location.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were disappointed about an outcome and what did you learn from it. How do you sell a product to a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly basic. My first interview was at my college. It was generally behavior focused. Plenty of STAR questions to go around. The second interview I sat down with two of my would be bosses and someone from HR. They asked me more behavioral questions or it seemed whatever popped in your head. They assume you have the book knowledge to do what they need, they just are looking for a certain type of personailty.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you dealt with a difficult team member and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewer was professional and courteous. I heard from others that they typically ask about 25 questions from a list of questions, and they range from "What is a strength you have..." to "Give an example of a time where you were accurately able to predict future difficulties with a project." The interview was only for about 30 minutes, but it wasn't a threatening environment.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you were accurately able to predict future difficulties with a project.   1 Answer

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

I first had a phone interview where they just asked basic personality questions and to find out your interest in the position. They got back to me 3 weeks later for another in-person interview. I interviewed with four different people. I never heard back from them after that. Overall the people at the company where nice but they took a long time to get back to you after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions like name a time when you had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Travelers (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

First round interview, laid-back interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

2 interviews in person. One on college campus and one at St. Paul location. The interviews were one on one and there where also group interviewsa. One phone interview before

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Cleveland, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application online and a few weeks later received an email asking for a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes with mostly general questions about my resume and experience in the industry. Nothing hard and nothing I couldn't answer off the top of my head. A few weeks later I got a call asking for an in person interview but turned it down because I had already found a job at that point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where something didn't turn out as expected   Answer Question