Travelers Underwriting Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Underwriting Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Travelers

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Glendale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was given a call a few days after i applied. This phone interview went very well. Most of the questions were about myself along with the HR member describing the job. After that I was called in for an interview. I had two separate interviews where they asked basic questions. Overall it was a great first interview, however I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• While working in a group project, how have you managed to have plans run smoothly. How have you problem solved.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online and Got a call from HR a few weeks after. Had a phone interview first - questions “name a time when”, why travelers, why underwriting. Called a day later for an on-site interview (3-4 hours with 3 managers and 2 peers). Last interview was with the director over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when..., what are you passionate about, why are you a good fit for the job.   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

First a phone interview followed by a in person interview. Very informal, more of a question and answer period. Very interesting and cool. Managers were pilot and highly interested in hearing me speak. I would recommend that one does their homework and as an In depth understanding. Of underwriting and what it intails

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was short. It was a group interview of 3 people and they asked the typical behavioral questions. The interviewers wer very nice and friendly. They were not intimidating at all. Overall great experience.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Very long process, sent around to many departments before being placed in one. Had to send multiple follow up emails. Phone interviews were basic situational questions and personal interest. In person interview was three employees from the department and myself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly basic. My first interview was at my college. It was generally behavior focused. Plenty of STAR questions to go around. The second interview I sat down with two of my would be bosses and someone from HR. They asked me more behavioral questions or it seemed whatever popped in your head. They assume you have the book knowledge to do what they need, they just are looking for a certain type of personailty.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you dealt with a difficult team member and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I put in an application online and received an email requesting time for phone interview. I spoke with an HR rep the next week and was asked general questions about why underwriting, why I chose my degree and why I chose to apply. I was then told that I would hear something in the near future about an onsite interview. A week later I received an email informing me of the interview times and location.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were disappointed about an outcome and what did you learn from it. How do you sell a product to a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in November 2009.

Interview

The interviewer asked pretty standard questions. I was not too excited about the job but gave it a good effort. The recruiter never responded to me or a couple of my friends that also interviewed. She just left us hanging.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Both of the hiring managers I interviewed with were very nice. The interview questions were very typically behavioral questions for the most part. Come prepared with some information about the company and the business segment you are interviewing for, it will impress your interviewer(s).

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in July 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview. The phone interview went well and the recruiter advised they would be passing on 5 resumes to the hiring manager to review along with candidate ranking. There were then in person interviews with 4 other people (HR and various managers).

Interview Questions

• Asked how specifically I improved a process and/or project that I worked on. Question aimed to find out how independent you are and whether you are continually working to improve your job.   Answer Question