Travelodge Hotels (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelodge Hotels (UK) Interview Questions

Interviews at Travelodge Hotels (UK)

2.2

Sort:

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (London, KY) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process consist of job description and employee selection.it consist of recruiting and resigning and reprocessing.it consist of organizing and co-ordinating employees so as to achieve targets.you need to screen the employee so as to know who your employing.the background checks and also the stability of the worker.

Interview Questions

• what would i do if a customer should make a complaint about the bathroom or room being dirty   2 Answers

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (London, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I have work expirance in retail stores in statfored I have worked in jd sports before I love working and I want to be working in the future. I am also highly very profeional and I would like to work in a hotel because have hard it’s a good expirance and highly professional and good pay soo I will be more happy if I can move forward in the future as a career. I will be more then happy if I got a chance to work in your hotel and I will work very hard to build my expirances for work and I would love to learn more will working and again more expirance that will be good for me IThe future.

Interview Questions

• How much work expirance I have had.   1 Answer

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a large group interview (30+) people. Put in a room with 5 others and told to clean it the best you can - the confident boisterous people essentially took everything, the quiet ones like me had no chance (despite cleaning skills being more than adequate). Really a quite disheartening experience that didn't focus on cleaning.

Interview Questions

• Can you fight over these bed sheets to see who can make the bed?   1 Answer

Night Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Interview was informal. The interviewer was very unexperienced and awkward. They read questions off a sheet of paper and took very little interest in you personally. The role wasn't as advertised. They tell you that you'll be a receptionist but actually you'll be a receptionist/bar staff/porter. Hours are 11pm until 7am.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of good customer service that you have either given or received.   Answer Question

Night Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Croydon, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Checked in at reception and asked to wait in the bar area. 14 people arrived for the selection day, after 45 minutes of waiting we were finally greeted by 2 managers (by this point 4 people had already left, fed up of waiting). We all moved into the restaurant area and sat waiting while each candidate had a 1 on 1 interview at the next table. Very relaxed, friendly chat style.

Told would get the feedback after 4 working days. 1 month later still no feedback, HR wont reply to repeated calls and emails!!

Interview Questions

• What was the last good idea you had in the work place. How did you discuss, and implement it with your work collegues.   Answer Question
    • Has there ever been a time you had to take on additional tasks, or pick up someone else's slack.
       How did you prioritize these duties.   Answer Question
    • Scenario: You're on your own on reception, you have an angry customer who needs help with a problem and a que of people waiting to check in/out. How do you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Give a time you gave or received good or bad customer service.   Answer Question

Night Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Simple online application, followed by a call 1 week later to invite me to an interview with the Hotel Manager.

Interview was with 2 Managers in the hotel Cafe, which was fairly empty. Nice relaxing atmosphere and was offered a cup of tea. The interview itself was very relaxed and started with some general conversation. It contained simple questions about availability, suitability for the role and holidays booked etc. This was then followed by 3 scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you have worked in a successful team to overcome problems.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you have given or received exceptional customer service and what this means to you.   Answer Question

Travelodge Hotels (UK) Response

Jul 11, 2017 – Resourcing and Talent Team

Thank you for leaving a review. Great to hear you'll be joining us! Welcome to Travelodge!

Night Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Checked in at reception and asked to wait in the bar area. 12/14 people arrived for the selection day, after few minutes of waiting we were greeted by 4 managers then we moved into the restaurant area and we had a very friendly group interview and we where offered water,juice,tea or coffea. We sat at a long table where we had to say invidually what we think that is important for the role we applied for. Then we were divided in groups and we played a game where we had to proof our teamwork skills. Finally each candidate had a 1 on 1 interview at the next table. Very relaxed, friendly chat with very nice and polite managers.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for this company ?   1 Answer

Night Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) in March 2017.

Interview

Invited for an interview after applying online. Sat 1:1 with the hotel manager, discussed appropriateness for the role. Make sure to stand out from the other interviewees, you'll get the job if you put in the effort.

Interview Questions

• Let me know a little about yourself   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Travelodge?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for this role?   1 Answer
    • What days are you available?   1 Answer

Night Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) in January 2017.

Interview

I was invited to a selection day which was supposed to consist of a series of exercises designed to assess applicants suitability for the role. There was me and three other applicants. I have done almost six years working nights in hotels including porter, reception, supervisor and night manager. The other three applicants had never worked in a hotel at all.

There was no assessment exercises; we filled in application forms then sat in the dining area for about 45 minutes before anyone came back to us. We then had a show around and finally we were interviewed.

By the time I got home, about thirty minutes later, there was an email waiting for me saying they would not be progressing my application any further because "there were other candidates who more closely matched our requirements".

How can people who have never worked in a hotel match the requirements better than someone who has worked in most departments in a hotel and has years of experience?

I met all the requirements on the job advert and those listed in additional documents; so it wasnt that. I dont want to believe it was an age thing; I am in my late 40s and the other candidates were all in their early 20s, but I cant see what else it could have been.

WHAT ARE TRAVELODGE LOOKING FOR IN THEIR STAFF BECAUSE IT CERTAINLY ISNT EXPERIENCE?!

Night Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Easy going, friendly, and not too formal from my experiance. It was a 2 part interview. other people were present at the same time but we were all handled separately and away from each other. they wanted to make sure they are hiring the best person possible since working for a hotel can be a very personal affair.

Interview Questions

• If a guest is upset and loosing their temper, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer