Travelodge Hotels (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelodge Hotels (UK) Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.1

Assistant Hotel Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in High Wycombe, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (High Wycombe, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

It started with a telephone call from a recruiter who saw my C.V. online and called me to explain the job opportunity. After a quick Q & A session I was ask to come for a face to face interview. While waiting for an interview date I did some research about the company and was very excited about the new opportunity ahead of me. Received interview date a couple of days later and interviewed face to face a few days later the whole process took just over a week. The interview was very relaxed and I felt comfortable through out the whole process, it felt like I was chatting with friends. I received an offer the same day, which I was excited to accept and cant wait to start my new career as an Assistant Hotel manager.

Interview Questions

Travelodge Hotels (UK) Response

Oct 9, 2017 – Resourcing and Talent Team

Thanks for sharing your experience. Congratulations and welcome to the team!

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Horsham, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

i applied online. then the next day i got a phone call from the head office i'm guessing? not the actual store i applied to but someone overseeing everything? she booked me in for an interview the next day. i went in, had a very informal chat. one of the receptionists even offered me coffee or tea. the manager was very understanding and kind. there wasn't many questions for me but more a discussion about what the job would be like for which i really preferred, it was very nice. she couldn't take me round the rooms because they were full up but booked me in for a induction/orientation for friday and then to start work on the saturday. overall a very quick and brilliant interview experience.

Interview Questions

• online they ask about why you want to work for travelodge and what experience you have   Answer Question

Oct 9, 2017 – Resourcing and Talent Team

Thanks for leaving a review. I'm glad the Hotel Manager and team put you at ease..we know how daunting interviews can be. Congratulations and hope you're settling into your new role.

Night Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Checked in at reception and asked to wait in the bar area. 12/14 people arrived for the selection day, after few minutes of waiting we were greeted by 4 managers then we moved into the restaurant area and we had a very friendly group interview and we where offered water,juice,tea or coffea. We sat at a long table where we had to say invidually what we think that is important for the role we applied for. Then we were divided in groups and we played a game where we had to proof our teamwork skills. Finally each candidate had a 1 on 1 interview at the next table. Very relaxed, friendly chat with very nice and polite managers.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for this company ?   1 Answer

Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

Interview

Applied online, received an email for an interview. The interview was very informal and unprepared, I didn't get asked many questions or receive much information as the interviewer was quite unprepared. I never heard back from them which I don't appreciate as I was fine with not getting the job but would rather I had been given feedback or been told as the interviewer told me I would hear back in a week about if I had or hadn't got it.

Interview Questions

• A time you gave good customer service   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK).

Interview

The application included answering some scenario questions and competency based questions. Passing this I was invited for a face to face interview with a Team Leader and the Customer Service Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe to us a time when you exceeded customers expectations?
      Have you ever used Live Chat to deal with customers?
      What is great customer service in your opinion?   Answer Question

Hotel Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Llangefni, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Llangefni, Wales (UK)).

Interview

Applied online. Had a telephone interview about a week later, then a face to face interview with the district manager a week after that. The face to face interview involves role play. Most questions are expected 'tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline and inspired your team to contribute' etc. Overall a good experience. First question was 'what is your current salary'

Interview Questions

• Why Travelodge?
      What are your strengths & weaknesses?
      How do you inspire your team?   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Barcelona (Spain)) in August 2017.

Interview

Group interview to start and then one on ones. The group interview involved the usual ice breaker to start and then role playing. It took about 90 minutes all in all but they tell you to make two hours (this is depending on what order you get called for interview if your last you will be there for two hours)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you like about sales
      Why travelodge
      Do you preference inbound or outbound sales
      What would you consider to be a difficult customer   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartlebury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Hartlebury, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

applied for the job online, the next morning i had an email asking if they could ring me to ask a few questions and find out more about me. After the call they invited me for an interview the following week. Arrived to the interview, the lady who was doing it was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. She told me the woman who did the phone interview said i was the the best one she spoke to. At the end of the interview she said she was glad i was interviewed and i would be called later that day or the next day (even if i wasn't offered the job she said she would ring) but never heard anything back.

Night Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Simple online application, followed by a call 1 week later to invite me to an interview with the Hotel Manager.

Interview was with 2 Managers in the hotel Cafe, which was fairly empty. Nice relaxing atmosphere and was offered a cup of tea. The interview itself was very relaxed and started with some general conversation. It contained simple questions about availability, suitability for the role and holidays booked etc. This was then followed by 3 scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you have worked in a successful team to overcome problems.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you have given or received exceptional customer service and what this means to you.   Answer Question

Jul 11, 2017 – Resourcing and Talent Team

Thank you for leaving a review. Great to hear you'll be joining us! Welcome to Travelodge!

Night Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Croydon, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Checked in at reception and asked to wait in the bar area. 14 people arrived for the selection day, after 45 minutes of waiting we were finally greeted by 2 managers (by this point 4 people had already left, fed up of waiting). We all moved into the restaurant area and sat waiting while each candidate had a 1 on 1 interview at the next table. Very relaxed, friendly chat style.

Told would get the feedback after 4 working days. 1 month later still no feedback, HR wont reply to repeated calls and emails!!

Interview Questions

• What was the last good idea you had in the work place. How did you discuss, and implement it with your work collegues.   Answer Question
    • Has there ever been a time you had to take on additional tasks, or pick up someone else's slack.
       How did you prioritize these duties.   Answer Question
    • Scenario: You're on your own on reception, you have an angry customer who needs help with a problem and a que of people waiting to check in/out. How do you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Give a time you gave or received good or bad customer service.   Answer Question