Travelzoo Assistant Producer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelzoo Assistant Producer Interview Questions

3.5

Assistant Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelzoo.

Interview

I applied to an Assistant Producer position. The process took 5+ weeks and it happened in the following order:

1. Pre-screening by HR through a 15 minute call. General questions to walk them through your resume and why you are interested in the position.
2. Assignment through email. It takes 45 minutes and I was asked 2 questions. Know how to write a deal and how to put together an attractive description of a business.
3. In person interview with HR. This meeting took about 1 hour and HR was very thorough with their questions.
4. Interview with the Director of Production. 2 hr interview with a second assignment portion. Starbucks question was brought up as well as other assignments pertaining to revenue and the Top 20 deals.
5. Interview with the CEO.

It was an extremely thorough process and it shows how much they care about putting the right candidate in their team. It was overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a deal you recently took advantage of and what made it so special.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelzoo

Assistant Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelzoo.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience with Travelzoo. They were very quick to get back with me throughout each step, and scheduled every phone call and interview promptly after the last one. I had 6 steps to the process starting with a written submission, followed by a phone call with HR in Chicago. I then met with who would be my direct manager for an in-person interview. This interview lasted the longest, almost an hour and a half. She asked me a lot of questions concerning my background and why I would be a good fit. I was asked the Starbucks question -- I think they are more interested in seeing the way you process information than arriving to the actual gross revenue of the company. I was then scheduled for a Skype interview with the Director of the department. This was a little intimidating as I have never done a Skype interview before, but doing even just a few minutes of research the night before helped me be better prepared. After the interview with the Director, I had an interview with the CEO of the company through Skype, and for my last interview they flew me to New York to meet with the Founder and CTO. Throughout the entire process I did a lot of research on all parties I was meeting with. I looked up their pictures so I could anticipate who I would be speaking with as well as their background information. I researched what kind of questions they have asked prior candidates, and I researched the product and the company background before every interview just to make sure I knew it backwards and forwards. I think the most important aspect to interviewing with this company is conveying in a concise but passionate manner why you want to work for Travelzoo. They want to see your love for travel and why you believe in their product.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Travelzoo? / Why would you be a good fit?   Answer Question
    • What is Starbucks' annual gross revenue in the US?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelzoo (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Several steps in the interview process- phone interview, written assessment, multiple in-person interviews. Phone interview and correspondence all came out of the Chicago office despite applying for an NYC position, but everyone seemed enthusiastic and thorough. The writing test was pretty easy, but you need to be quick as you're on a timer that prevented me from proofreading or editing as much as I'd have liked to.

The first in person interview was pretty straightforward. I was interviewed by a Senior Producer who kept me for 90 minutes and at the end of which asked if he could bring in two colleagues to meet me. One of which was pulled out of a meeting and let the panel and I know that he wasn't happy about that. He asked me a few abrupt questions and quickly left. My advice would be prepared for extra people popping into the interview.

I was basically told that the job was mine to lose and that I only needed one more 30 minute phone interview with one of the head honchos in Chicago. It was left that I'd get a phone call within 3 days to confirm a time for the call. After a week I followed up and was told that due to travel schedules, my call would need to be pushed back another week. Instead, I received a generic rejection email shortly before Christmas.

Interview Questions

• "How do you see us as different from our competitors?"
      The aforementioned Starbucks question!
      Answer Question

Assistant Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelzoo in October 2014.

Interview

Very pleasant. Felt that they wanted to know about me as a person and what interested me before going into more detail about what they were looking for. Seems like they were looking for a good match.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your boss would say you need work on?   Answer Question

Assistant Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelzoo.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by Travelzoo shortly after. We scheduled a phone interview for the following week. I was emailed again after the phone interview to schedule another interview with an associate producer. There were some scheduling conflicts and I did not hear back from Travelzoo for a bit. I received an email later on saying they had found a more suitable candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly basic. They asked what I thought the position duties entailed, why I would be a good fit for the company/position, what I though their business model was, etc. Be sure to sign up for Travelzoo's newsletter before applying to get a better idea of what they are selling and how they position themselves.   Answer Question

Assistant Producer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelzoo in January 2010.

Interview

Extremely thorough, in a good way. Company obviously wants only the best people.