Travis County, Texas Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Judicial Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travis County, Texas (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied for a Judicial Aide position with Travis County and received a call requesting an interview within one week after the job posting closed. Very helpful and efficient. I did not receive an offer, but they kept me informed throughout the entire selection process.

OFFICE SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travis County, Texas (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was straightforward. Was interviewed by a group/panel. It was fairly relaxed. The group rotated asking me questions and wrote down some of my answers. Everyone who worked there seemed very nice. Was a little bit difficult to find the correct interview place. Overall, it was a good experience.

Travis County Elections Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travis County, Texas (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Very thorough application process as well as background check; my employer is one of the greatest employers I've ever had for a temporary job or any job in general; 2-hour training required; very humane one-on-one interview; sit down 1-1 between potential candidate and potential employer; I honestly was surprised by a surprise interview (on-the-spot) when I turned in my application in person

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for the Travis County Elections Division?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travis County, Texas (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Setting up the interview was a challenge. It sounded like the rep didn't have very much experience or was uncertain for some reason. The interview was over the phone with the hiring manager and was supposed to take 30 - 45 minutes. The hiring manager was very courteous and was definitely invested in the process. She took notes during the interview and answered questions thoughtfully and thoroughly.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travis County, Texas (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I was called quickly and went through a very standard phone screen and panel interview process before coming in for a 1:1 meeting with the Director of HR. The panel consisted of the team I'd be working with and they were all very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself that isn't on your resume.   Answer Question

Environmental Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travis County, Texas (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted a cover letter and resume to designated email address provided by my school's job portal and received a reply within a couple of days. The phone interview lasted for about 30 minutes and consisted of questions pertaining to specific job description knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent group project you worked on and your satisfaction of overall outcome.   Answer Question

Probattoin Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travis County, Texas (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Met with a panel of Probation managers where they asked a list of questions about where I stood on different things. Probation is moving towards more social work - so questions were like are you more social work or criminal justice minded.
    That interview was about 20 min and then they let me ask questions.
    I got a call back in a day or two for a second interview with the head director. That interview was about 20 min. That is more laid back (even though its with the top dog). He wants to get to know you. Does some role play as if he was on probation and how you would interact with him.

Interview Questions

• What would you do...
      Orientation- social work or criminal justice.
      What is most important part of community supervision.   1 Answer

Child Advocacy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travis County, Texas (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview was a group panel interview. there were three candidates interviewed by a panel of four. Program Director, Training Director and two case manager team leaders. Second interview was an individual interview with a panel of three. Program Director and three Case Manager Team leaders. We were only asked two questions. Why do you want to work for the organization and why do you believe you are the best candidate for the position. I was called back within a few days for second interview

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was, "Tell about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor's decision and you were wrong. How did you handle the situation?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward. This is a non profit organization, so pay scale is structured. I did however receive offer at top of the pay scale!

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travis County, Texas (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I had to go through two rounds of interviews. They are very intense and exploratory. Come prepared and come with some knowledge about the office or you will be weeded out with a quickness. Only the best of the best are offered a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were put in a tough spot but had to get the work done. What did you do?   1 Answer

Court Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Travis County, Texas (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online through the Travis County career page. Took about 5 days for a call back. Interviewed with 3 senior clerks who were nice and cool. Process took 15 minutes. Easy, basic questions. Received call back same day.