TriNet Group Regional Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TriNet Group Regional Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

Regional Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at TriNet Group.

Interview

2 month interview process consisting of a peer, direct manager (Director) and 2 VPs. Consisted of face to face, phone and skype calls. Lengthy process, but if you interview well then you'll be golden.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TriNet Group

Regional Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TriNet Group.

Interview

General questions about prospecting, relationship building, how you manage objections and discovery meetings. Met with current employees who told us about the day to day, large learning curve regarding PEO.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you were able to get a influencer to get you access to their clients   1 Answer

TriNet Group Response

Jul 27, 2016 – TriNet HR

We feel that meeting with our current employees – especially ones you will be working with on a regular basis – is an important part of the interview and onboarding process at TriNet. We are truly ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TriNet Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Well managed process coordinated through internal HR person. Several interviews with employees at different levels within the firm, not just with management; they want you to have a realistic understanding of what the job entails from others in the same role. Everyone was helpful, open, and responsive (more so than average)

Interview Questions

• What would your plan be within first 3 months to get business   Answer Question

Personal/family reasons require me to move

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at TriNet Group (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The process, while friendly and cordial, took far too long. Phone interview with a recruiter and a sales manager, then a one on one with the same manager I had the phone interview with, then two more one on one's with managers. All of this over a period of 6 weeks, and with interviews at four different locations. Had I not contacted them I would not have found out that ultimately they chose to pass on me as a candidate. Clearly they had interest in me, but passed me around as a candidate to different "verticals" despite my plea/request for one specific team. Ultimately, very frustrating as I was treated with little consideration.

At the same time, the fact that I was being considered for multiple teams was a good thing in that they recognized the diversity of skills (ie: experience). The problem is that sales managers probably aren't the best people to manage this process. The recruiter is disconnected AFTER your initial phone interview (which is really a screening). Things moved much more smoothly and quickly when the recruiter was involved. With the sales managers, not so much.

Interview Questions

• 1. How much money do you want to make?
      2. Why should I choose you?
      3. How do you think you'll help TriNet and yourself in the first 90 days?
      4. What are you looking for in a job? In a sales job?
      Answer Question

Regional Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TriNet Group.

Interview

Interviewed initially with recruiter then passed along to Director of Sales, then passed along to 2 field reps then another Director of Sales and finally with VP.

Everything went fine until i spoke with VP. They coordinated with me to do a video interview in which the VP, he did not show up for the video chat instead he took my call while over the phone while he was driving. I should have known then that they do not value my time. . After that i called and tried to follow up with recruiter and Director of Sales and heard nothing for a day. He advised me he would call in 5 mins, but instead avoided my call and email. Extremely unprofessional. Finally i was able to get the Director of Sales to pick up once i called from my house line and he seemed shocked that i got through. He advised the recruiter should have called me yesterday to say i was out of the running. Which of course i did not.

Trinet should really work on their communication internally and with their candidates. Shame on the recruiter and the hiring manager.

Regional Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TriNet Group in March 2014.

Interview

It was a typical interview...they want to see a hungry and driven candidate who has true confidence. they will ask you about your current position and why or if you are looking to leave. they will also ask you character questions as they are concerned about the corporate culture.

Interview Questions

TriNet Group Response

Jan 13, 2016 – TriNet HR

It’s very insightful of you to recognize our commitment to maintaining a positive corporate culture. We take great pride in our culture at TriNet and strive always to recruit candidates with a strong ... More

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TriNet Group (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews, first with recruiter, then with Sales Manager, then meeting with the current team, then District Sales Manager and then VP of Sales.

It was a lengthy process and honestly ridiculous. It took 4 months to get hired and I'm surprised I didn't find another job in the meantime.

Interview Questions

• They care a lot about cold calling experience and they like entrepreneurs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TriNet Group (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

No phone interview was required. Pleasant interview experience. The management team in New York seemed very pleasant. Lots of questions to dig deep into your character and who you are vs resume explanations.

If all goes well, the sales team also needs to approve of you when going out for lunch together on the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TriNet Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Received call from a Recruiter, interviewed with Director of sales, then VP of sales.

Interview Questions

• What are you making now, what did you make in the past, what is the most you ever made?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TriNet Group (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring process is extensive but nothing above and beyond for what they offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations