TriQuint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TriQuint Interview Questions

Tech I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TriQuint.

Interview

started pretty normal but they threw a curve ball: they made me take apart and scramble a middle, then reassemble it on the spot. They also asked me about my personal life and assessed how that could relate to work there. Also made sure I enjoyed fishing.

Interview Questions

• they were most interested in how I solve mechanical problems on my own   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TriQuint (Richardson, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a group presentation at the start that required a powerpoint of your career highlights. Next were a series of Interview with multiple people one on one. The rest of this is to complete the 30 words needed to submit this form. At the writing of this I do not know if I got an offer or not. This needs to have a 4th option.

Interview Questions

• They ask about job experience.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TriQuint.

Interview

Most of the questions I remember being asked related to how I'd respond to situations that threatened to get under my skin. It seems there was a strong desire that employees have the ability to resolve interpersonal conflicts amongst themselves, without needing management's help, and stay productive. I left the interview with the impression there may have been numerous problems with this in the past.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with seeing other(s) being promoted ahead of you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

For this position, there was no negotiations on pay or benefits. It was simply take it! or leave it!

Technician Interview

Interview

Very weird, they spent more time asking question about if I can say no to an engineer than my experience. the technical was more about them telling me about what they do every day.

Interview Questions

• what type of pumps do I like.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Fab Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TriQuint.

Interview

The board interview consisted of mostly area leads. They made sure to make the interviewees as comfortable as possible. They fully explained the job and what was expected of the operators. All questions from the interviewee was generally answered happily.

Interview Questions

• It was an entry level position so none were extremely difficult. With my experience "How do we know you will be worth the time investment in training?" is usually the hardest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiation.

Acoustic Design Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apopka, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TriQuint (Apopka, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted to set up a phone interview with an engineer. The interviewer was very nice to talk to. He explained in detail the position I had applied for. The interview was for 30 minutes which included some HR questions followed by technical questions related to the position.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. Some HR questions included tell me 3 words that your co-workers will use to describe yourself, have you ever worked with a co-worker on a project where he was in another state, why did you apply for this particular position.

Unexpected question- It was my first interview so I was panicking as to what they will ask. So the unexpected question for me was when he asked about thermal noise from a resistor and if it depends on the resistance value.

Other questions included how to make the the characteristic impedance of a micro-strip line lower, design a circuit using R,L and C such that it has 0dB S11 at low frequency, 0dB S11 at high frequency and matched somewhere in between.   1 Answer

Filter Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apopka, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TriQuint (Apopka, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

First got a call from HR and set up one phone call with hiring manager. One week after that did an interview with another manager. Then one week later went for the onsite interview. Talked with 10 current employees. They were nice and the questions are not too hard if you prepare well. Some of the questions were about different aspects of filters. Others were about fundamental knowledge of microwave engineering.

Interview Questions

• Some very detailed questions regarding high frequency simulation.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apopka, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TriQuint (Apopka, FL).

Interview

Three stage interview process.

1. Phone interview with HR representative. Questions include tell me about yourself, your management and leadership style. Casual interview for the most part.

2. Phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Rapid fire questions including tell me about yourself, familiarity with manufacturing equations/processes, why do you want to be in this position, etc.

3. In person interview with 7 different managers. "Speed interviewing" basically - 15 minutes with each group or person. Start from the top down. Tell me about yourself, typical questions like that. Why do you want this position, know your background, etc. Some more in depth questions from one of the managers about how to find and stop bottlenecks from happening; in addition, knowing how to properly document and discipline employees.

Interview Questions

• Though there were tough questions, the most important one I answered 5 times was tell me about yourself. Make sure you have a good 1-2 minute explanation of yourself and how you want to be seen as the right candidate for the position.   Answer Question

Fabrication Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TriQuint (Richardson, TX).

Interview

one face to face interview,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TriQuint in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through indeed. Process took 2-3 weeks. I had 2 phone interviews and 1 in person.

There was a group presentation at the start that required a PowerPoint of your career highlights. Next were a series of Interview with multiple people one on one. Almost everyone are leads and managers from different teams and different areas.

Interview level is average. It's not too much difficult.