TriQuint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TriQuint Interview Questions

BAW R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TriQuint.

Interview

Just general phone interview. No offer yet.

Industrial Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TriQuint (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

I had a 30-minute phone interview with HR and then a 15-minute phone interview with the hiring manager. I traveled to a full-day site interview. After meeting with the HR person, I had multiple 1:1 and 2:1 interviews each at 30 minutes each. I probably met with 10 people (only one woman -- how behind the times is that?). I was also asked to make a 30-minute presentation on my background and some past projects. The interview seemed to go well.

That was now 6 weeks ago and I have not heard back. I e-mailed the HR guy after two weeks to find out there expected schedule and never heard back. I think I dodged a bullet: if HR is not willing to give an on-site candidate the simple courtesy of a response to an interview and a follow-up email, I wonder how well the employees are treated after they are hired.

Commercial Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TriQuint (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone screen clarified role and match to candidate's requirements (job level and salary). The (first) phone screen came soon after the online app submitted. Wasn't a match so the process didn't continue.

Interview Questions

• Posting responsibilities listed high-level individual contributor. Salary matches a general 'administrator' role.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TriQuint in November 2012.

Interview

Team interview. Behavioral interviewing questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have had to influence others. How did you go about that?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TriQuint (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

Was contacted right away by recruiter. Scheduled for series of interviews onsite. Interviews went fine. No follow up from recruiter. Was promised follow up within 1 week. 2 weeks lapse and nothing. I reach out and again am promised follow up within a few days. Nothing. Been 3 weeks now and still nothing. Job is still posted on their website. Horrible that they would treat someone like this!

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apopka, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TriQuint (Apopka, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

It's an all day process with an itinerary where the candidate meets different groups from different disciplines, followed by a plant tour.

Metals Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TriQuint (Richardson, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I received an opportunity to interview with Triquint through an employee referral. HR first contacted me to try to set up a date for a company site interview, which was scheduled to be in 11 days. I needed to prepare a 15 min presentation going over my history background and any projects I have worked on to present to a panel that consisted of managers, techs, and engineers. After the presentation, I had 1:1 interviews with 4 people, had a lunch break, then had another set of 1:1 interviews with 5 more people. The interviews were 30 min each and each person asked a good mix of behavioral and technical questions. My presentation started at 8:45am and my last interview ended at 3pm. It was a very long day, but the people there are very pleasant and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why is it better to deposit Aluminum with a percentage of Copper in it instead of just using pure Aluminum?   Answer Question

Instrumentation/Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TriQuint (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied on-line. Received a phone call within a relatively short period of time. That was followed by two on-site sets of interviews. The process stretched out over a few months. Our initial contact in October, strarted in December.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your most challenging project in your career.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very smooth.

Failure Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TriQuint (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

First HR then 1:1 with hiring manager then onsite with 7 people one after the other

RF Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TriQuint (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from HR and my interview was scheduled. It was for an Summer intern position. I had done couple of projects on RF and so I was asked to describe all the projects and 2 projects were completed by me during my sophomore and my memory wasnt great. He asked me names of specific power amplifier and battery specs which I could not answer.

It was shameful from my perspective that you dont remember your own project. But who does remember such minute details. So my advice is to gp through your resume and your course or intern projects thoroughly. It will help a lot to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about very specific parameter values of Power amplifier and batteries I used for my projects. That was hard to remember at that instant of interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate although I wasnt very happy with the pay.