Triage Consulting Group Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Triage Consulting Group Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.7

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview

Two rounds after submitting cover letter and CV, first round was getting to know you and second round was case study. First round was extremely laid back. They are looking for interest in the interviewees potential position, not their interest in the company atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Triage Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied the university career recruiting, had a first round interview at my university and then went to the final round in SF. Final interview was fun. Case interview was straightforward but easy to make a mistake on

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview

Interviewed with a president. The whole thing was very casual It was a conversation like process. He had my resume and cover letter on front of him while asking questions and chatting.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

From the initial application to the final interview, it was about 5 weeks. Whether you get accepted or not, they are really great about getting back to you within 2 weeks (some people hear back earlier than others, but the timing isn't necessarily an indicator of acceptance or not so don't worry too much!). I heard about Triage from a friend and attended an info session held at my university's campus. The info session itself was helpful to get a general idea of the organization, but I found that talking to friends working in Triage was also very helpful (if not more) with truly getting a feel for the culture. I made it past the initial application screening and was invited to interview for the 1st round of interviews. Interview was a standard behavioral interview with a Principal, make sure to understand who you are as a person, thoroughly understand your resumé, know your goals in life, and be able to express why you decided to apply for Triage (standard process).

After this, I was invited to attend the 2nd (and last) round of interviews which I was flown into San Francisco for. This consists of 3-4 interviews with employees of various ranks, which is great because it allows you to ask questions to people who have had different experiences and tenures with Triage to give you an idea how employees progress from one position to the next. I think this was really awesome because it gave a wide spectrum for prospective employees to engage with and learn more about the unique roles, so take advantage and feel free to ask questions. It's an all-day interview (about 9-3) so prepare accordingly in a way that you're comfortable with (maybe coffee, breakfast, etc), but for the most part the conversations were just meant to get a better idea of who I was as a person and my professional goals. Like any interview, you will want to prepare well. At the end of the day though, I'd say don't try to fit a specific mold of what you think they're looking for. Just be yourself, relax, remember to smile, and if this company is right for you it'll work out in the end for the better for both you and the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered an issue, how did you resolve it? Why Triage?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Day long interview process, multiple interviews, lunch with current employees, post-payment review based case study. Pretty easy hiring process, nothing to worry about. The case study is also relatively simple.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen followed by a skype interview. Very friendly and straight forward. Questions weren't too difficult but basic preparation are definitely necessary. Know how to answer questions about yourself and focus on fit within the company. A background in healthcare helps but isn't necessary. It's good to at least have a reason for going into healthcare consulting in order to answer questions on that.

Interview Questions

• How have your experiences prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got contacted to do a 1 on 1 interview with a first year associate over skype. I personally thought the interview was really straight forward with nothing out of the blue. I personally didn't feel like I was connecting with my interviewee much though, she seemed to be in a hurry and kept looking off in the distance as I spoke to her. I felt that was a bit rude. I didn't get a call back for even a second interview which was kind of surprising as I come from one of their top universities and I also feel I really fit the vibe they are looking for (from what I've heard from my friends working there). But also not surprising because of the girl interviewing me, she didn't really seem interested in me. It is always a bit uncomfortable to be interviewing with someone who is the same age as you and has only worked at the said company for a few months...and this is the person who decides if you make it to the next level? Either way, it seems like a great place to start if you connect with the young associates.

Interview Questions

Triage Consulting Group Response

Feb 17, 2017 – Principal

Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm sorry to hear it fell short of your expectations. I shared this feedback with our Recruiting Team, and we wish you luck as you continue your career search ... More

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in December 2016.

Interview

I heard about Triage through on-campus recruitment. My first round interview was a 30 min behavioral interview with a manager. Second round (also final round) interview was at the San Francisco office - 6 hour interview that consisted of a brief breakfast where I met the Associate and Senior Associate I went to lunch with later that day, 2 45-min behavioral interviews with a manager and then principal, a short break, a case study with 3 portions, a lunch at a nearby restaurant with an Associate and Senior Associate, and then 1 more 45-min behavioral interview with a manager to end the day. I was nervous going in, but overall the experience was pretty enjoyable! The breakfast definitely puts you at ease a bit, and the Associates also give you a paper with the agenda for the day on it, including the names of who you'll be interviewing with. I enjoyed talking to the other candidates in the morning and during break, and overall everyone at the office was very friendly and easy to get along with. My advice would be to drink coffee before your interview or to order some at lunch, as the experience is indeed pretty tiring. Just be yourself and be enthusiastic, and you will be fine!

Interview Questions

• Why Triage?
      What do you like to do for fun?
      Are you still considering medical school?
      How do you define a successful career at Triage?
      Why UCLA? Why your major?
      How do you manage multi-tasking?
      Time working with large numbers
      Communication style on a team
      Team you led a team
      Time you faced an obstacle on a team
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Was a very behavioral oriented interview. Was asked lots of questions about free time and was asked to elaborate on certain aspects of my resume. But overall didn't ask me anything about my resume other than 1 bullet point. They are mostly looking for people that will be able to fit in well with the culture that they have. Overall was a great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

During 2016 Fall Recruitment cycle. Applied through college recruitment following career fair. I think only reason I got interview was because they had met me so many times. 2 Interviews one on campus, and one in person at their SF office. The second one has a short assessment that they call a case but it's not case. It's basically just a review of billable claims. Easy and straightforward. Asked fairly typical interview questions.

In terms of company culture very fratty and very not diverse at all. Seems like a fun company, but it seems for potential recruits they may place more weight on personality fit and interactions during the interview. Be confident is the biggest thing I think here.