Triage Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Triage Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was involved in their off-campus recruitment. First stages consisted of an initial phone screen that was more conversation-like and gauging interest in healthcare and Triage (also to make sure you're not some robot), and then two Skype interviews with Managers at the firm. After that, I was invited to attend a final round superday in their SF office that involved 3 interviews with Managers/Principals, a case study, and casual interactions with other Associates/Senior Associates over breakfast and lunch. As many of the previous reviews state, the case study isn't something you can prepare for; they teach you everything you need to know and from there it's just about using critical thinking and basic algebra skills. Everybody was helpful and friendly throughout the whole process and definitely helps to make the recruiting experience enjoyable and easy-going. They really mean it when they want you to be yourself and have a good time while you're with them--smile!

Interview Questions

• Why Triage?
      Why healthcare consulting?
      Why did you choose your school and major?
      What role do you usually play in a teamwork setting?
      Can you give an example of a time where you demonstrated leadership/Tell me about a time where you were in a position where you had to delegate roles and tasks.
      How do you manage multiple tasks at once?
      What's your 5-year plan?
      Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a friend or coworker.
      Tell me about a challenge you experienced on a team and how you worked to overcome it?
      What role did you play in that challenge in overcoming it?
      Was there a specific time where you started shifting from pre-med to more business centered roles?
      Is there anything you’d like to talk about on your resume that we haven’t touched upon?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (Berkeley, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through my school and was chosen for a first round interview where I met up with a Principle from the company. It was mostly a behavioral interview where she asked a bit of my interests and background and why I chose the university I attend and major. It was 30 minutes long and almost like a causal conversation. Formal attire is preferable and they appreciate if you know some background on the company and position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major? Why did you choose your university?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career center and then was selected and interviewed. They interviewed a lot of people on the same day at my school's career center on the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met some employees/recruiters at the career fair as well as at an info session. Some of the people there mentioned that they are looking for social and analytical skills, so if you can convey that in your cover letter, that would be helpful. I applied through my university job board and got a first round in person interview at the career fair. It was 30 minutes with one of the senior associates. A week later I was asked to come back for a final round interview in their office in SF. Unfortunately I had already accepted something else by that point. But it seems like a really great place to work. Very social people who work hard but also like to have fun.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview

Spoke at career fair, then on campus interview a week later. Invited to office for super day. 2 interviews in the morning, followed by case study. then treated to lunch and a final interview after. lots of behavioral questions, they wanted to genuinely learn about you

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen followed by a skype interview. Very friendly and straight forward. Questions weren't too difficult but basic preparation are definitely necessary. Know how to answer questions about yourself and focus on fit within the company. A background in healthcare helps but isn't necessary. It's good to at least have a reason for going into healthcare consulting in order to answer questions on that.

Interview Questions

• How have your experiences prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got contacted to do a 1 on 1 interview with a first year associate over skype. I personally thought the interview was really straight forward with nothing out of the blue. I personally didn't feel like I was connecting with my interviewee much though, she seemed to be in a hurry and kept looking off in the distance as I spoke to her. I felt that was a bit rude. I didn't get a call back for even a second interview which was kind of surprising as I come from one of their top universities and I also feel I really fit the vibe they are looking for (from what I've heard from my friends working there). But also not surprising because of the girl interviewing me, she didn't really seem interested in me. It is always a bit uncomfortable to be interviewing with someone who is the same age as you and has only worked at the said company for a few months...and this is the person who decides if you make it to the next level? Either way, it seems like a great place to start if you connect with the young associates.

Interview Questions

Triage Consulting Group Response

Feb 17, 2017 – Principal

Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm sorry to hear it fell short of your expectations. I shared this feedback with our Recruiting Team, and we wish you luck as you continue your career search ... More

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in December 2016.

Interview

I heard about Triage through on-campus recruitment. My first round interview was a 30 min behavioral interview with a manager. Second round (also final round) interview was at the San Francisco office - 6 hour interview that consisted of a brief breakfast where I met the Associate and Senior Associate I went to lunch with later that day, 2 45-min behavioral interviews with a manager and then principal, a short break, a case study with 3 portions, a lunch at a nearby restaurant with an Associate and Senior Associate, and then 1 more 45-min behavioral interview with a manager to end the day. I was nervous going in, but overall the experience was pretty enjoyable! The breakfast definitely puts you at ease a bit, and the Associates also give you a paper with the agenda for the day on it, including the names of who you'll be interviewing with. I enjoyed talking to the other candidates in the morning and during break, and overall everyone at the office was very friendly and easy to get along with. My advice would be to drink coffee before your interview or to order some at lunch, as the experience is indeed pretty tiring. Just be yourself and be enthusiastic, and you will be fine!

Interview Questions

• Why Triage?
      What do you like to do for fun?
      Are you still considering medical school?
      How do you define a successful career at Triage?
      Why UCLA? Why your major?
      How do you manage multi-tasking?
      Time working with large numbers
      Communication style on a team
      Team you led a team
      Time you faced an obstacle on a team
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Typical interview process with three stages including a phone interview, Skype interview, and an in-person interview at their San Francisco office. The in-person interview was about half a day. You interview with a few members of the team and go out to lunch with a member of the team you'll work with to get to know company culture.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you encountered a problem. How did you solve it?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

1. Resume submission 2. Skype interview with principal 3. On-site interview with different principals. You're given "buddies" throughout the day who go to lunch with you. The case interview is incredibly confusing.

Interview Questions

• How do you past experiences make you a good candidate for this job?   Answer Question