Triage Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.6

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very brief. 3 people interviewed me. Asked basic questions. A lot of scenario questions. Offered you water when you walked in and sat me down in an office and switched off interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied for this job online through my university and was contacted by a recruiter to schedule an interview. I filled out the online survey, indicating my availability, but never received an email confirming my interview. To ensure that I did in fact have an interview, I contacted the recruiter and confirmed the date. The scheduled Skype interview never took place- in fact, I waited in front of my computer for a call for hours (in case they called late) and emailed the woman I'd been in contact with to schedule the interview to confirm the time (no response) and then again the next day to see if they would be rescheduling. It took two days before I got a response from the associate coordinating the interviews- she apologized but didn't offer any alternate dates and asked that I wait for her to contact me the next week to reschedule. At the end of the next week I still hadn't heard from her, so I emailed her to see if there were new dates available- no response. I waited another week before reaching out again- this time, she responded almost a week later asking me to schedule an interview for the following week. In the two and a half weeks that it took between the missed initial interview (where Triage simply never called me at the scheduled time) to the rescheduling of the interview, I accepted another offer from a health consulting firm that was able to keep interview appointments, communicate effectively, and that I felt valued my time and skills. As a student with a high GPA from a top 15 university who has received offers from several healthcare consulting firms, this experience was incredibly frustrating, unprofessional, and reflects an inefficiency in their system that completely deterred me from being interested in the company.

Triage Consulting Group Response

May 23, 2016 – Principal

I want to apologize for the multiple breakdowns in our process that resulted in your opting out of our recruitment process. We take pride in the personal, professional manner in which we treat ... More

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I completed an application online and got a phone interview within one month. I did not follow up afterwards since they were looking for people to start later than I would have liked to.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very laid back and behavioral type questions; a lot of expanding on your resume and what you've learned from previous experiences. They're looking just as much at if your personal fits the company as they are at if you're qualified to do the job. The final round of interviews has a case study that isn't too hard, they explain everything you need to know beforehand so pay attention.

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewers are very friendly and easy to talk to. The entire interview is just as normal as a conversation you would have with your friend or co-worker. Questions are very easy and straight forward. No curve balls. A total of three interviews with Principals and managers. At break, two current employees take you out to lunch.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. After applying I was invited to a social where I met several analysts and associates. Two days later, I was invited to phone interview later that week.

Interview Questions

• How has your degree/ college experience prepared you to work in a team atmosphere?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

(For on-campus recruiting) - Make sure you spend some time on your cover letter and really tailor it to Triage. I have a few friends, who were extremely qualified, but did not even get a phone screening because they used a generic cover letter. So if this is your dream job out of college, put in the work. After, you will receive a call within a week. This is fairly conversational and is just used to gauge your interests. Note, this call is not scheduled! After, you will be invited to an on-campus interview. This process is also very conversational; try to keep your cool and relax! The last rounds is when they fly you into their headquarters / main office. You'll be introduced to other interviewees and your associate and senior associate that will be helping you out throughout the day. You will do back to back interviews, have a break, then head into your case study. This is just a simplistic example of the auditing work they do. Nothing you can really study or need to study for-- they'll teach you all you need to know! After, you go into your last interview. They say there's a 2 week turnaround, but some people hear their results earlier than other.

Interview Questions

• A time you worked with large numbers
      Why did you choose your school
      What was your biggest challenge
      Know your resume!
      Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, informal meet and greet then quick 30 minute interview with manager on campus. Then came into the office for final round, met awesome people, some challenging questions, case study was not a typical case study, finished with lunch. Overall positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied via the online application and received an email a few weeks later that I was selected for an interview. I had an initial Skype interview with a Senior Associate and after successfully completing this, I was asked to complete two more Skype interviews and was able invited to attend an information session. I was contacted a few days later and informed that I was selected for an office visit. They flew me over to San Francisco and included a meal stipend. The day consisted of three separate interviews with leadership, a case study and lunch with an associate and senior associate. It was an enjoyable and pleasant experience, the staff were extremely professional and made me feel right at home. I got a good understanding of the company and was genuinely interested in their work. They are a clear leader in their field, in a prime location with great opportunities for growth. I decided to go with another offer, but could have easily seen myself enjoying working with Triage. they are truly a great company.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time where you have had to make a difficult decision as a leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on-campus. Phone screening then about 8-10 people get an on campus interview then around 5 are flown up to SF for an all day interview consisting of 3 45 minutes interviews with Principals and Managers, a case study, and lunch with an associate and senior associate. Everyone is really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to teach yourself something and how did you go about doing it?   Answer Question