Triage Consulting Group Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.5

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to the San Francisco office and the recruitment process consisted of one Skype interview with a Principal at the company as well as an on-site interview. A majority of the interview questions were seeking to gauge personality and gain insight into how I would perform when working with teams. The case study was relatively straightforward, but I recommend asking as many clarifying questions as possible when the recruiter is explaining the process. Overall the interview was a very enjoyable process!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied the university career recruiting, had a first round interview at my university and then went to the final round in SF. Final interview was fun. Case interview was straightforward but easy to make a mistake on

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

From the initial application to the final interview, it was about 5 weeks. Whether you get accepted or not, they are really great about getting back to you within 2 weeks (some people hear back earlier than others, but the timing isn't necessarily an indicator of acceptance or not so don't worry too much!). I heard about Triage from a friend and attended an info session held at my university's campus. The info session itself was helpful to get a general idea of the organization, but I found that talking to friends working in Triage was also very helpful (if not more) with truly getting a feel for the culture. I made it past the initial application screening and was invited to interview for the 1st round of interviews. Interview was a standard behavioral interview with a Principal, make sure to understand who you are as a person, thoroughly understand your resumé, know your goals in life, and be able to express why you decided to apply for Triage (standard process).

After this, I was invited to attend the 2nd (and last) round of interviews which I was flown into San Francisco for. This consists of 3-4 interviews with employees of various ranks, which is great because it allows you to ask questions to people who have had different experiences and tenures with Triage to give you an idea how employees progress from one position to the next. I think this was really awesome because it gave a wide spectrum for prospective employees to engage with and learn more about the unique roles, so take advantage and feel free to ask questions. It's an all-day interview (about 9-3) so prepare accordingly in a way that you're comfortable with (maybe coffee, breakfast, etc), but for the most part the conversations were just meant to get a better idea of who I was as a person and my professional goals. Like any interview, you will want to prepare well. At the end of the day though, I'd say don't try to fit a specific mold of what you think they're looking for. Just be yourself, relax, remember to smile, and if this company is right for you it'll work out in the end for the better for both you and the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered an issue, how did you resolve it? Why Triage?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

My first interview was behavioral on my campus, which was very fluid. It was about half an hour long, and was essentially us just trying to get to know each other.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Triage? What team-based experiences have you had? What was a time you failed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Day long interview process, multiple interviews, lunch with current employees, post-payment review based case study. Pretty easy hiring process, nothing to worry about. The case study is also relatively simple.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was involved in their off-campus recruitment. First stages consisted of an initial phone screen that was more conversation-like and gauging interest in healthcare and Triage (also to make sure you're not some robot), and then two Skype interviews with Managers at the firm. After that, I was invited to attend a final round superday in their SF office that involved 3 interviews with Managers/Principals, a case study, and casual interactions with other Associates/Senior Associates over breakfast and lunch. As many of the previous reviews state, the case study isn't something you can prepare for; they teach you everything you need to know and from there it's just about using critical thinking and basic algebra skills. Everybody was helpful and friendly throughout the whole process and definitely helps to make the recruiting experience enjoyable and easy-going. They really mean it when they want you to be yourself and have a good time while you're with them--smile!

Interview Questions

• Why Triage?
      Why healthcare consulting?
      Why did you choose your school and major?
      What role do you usually play in a teamwork setting?
      Can you give an example of a time where you demonstrated leadership/Tell me about a time where you were in a position where you had to delegate roles and tasks.
      How do you manage multiple tasks at once?
      What's your 5-year plan?
      Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a friend or coworker.
      Tell me about a challenge you experienced on a team and how you worked to overcome it?
      What role did you play in that challenge in overcoming it?
      Was there a specific time where you started shifting from pre-med to more business centered roles?
      Is there anything you’d like to talk about on your resume that we haven’t touched upon?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (Berkeley, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through my school and was chosen for a first round interview where I met up with a Principle from the company. It was mostly a behavioral interview where she asked a bit of my interests and background and why I chose the university I attend and major. It was 30 minutes long and almost like a causal conversation. Formal attire is preferable and they appreciate if you know some background on the company and position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major? Why did you choose your university?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career center and then was selected and interviewed. They interviewed a lot of people on the same day at my school's career center on the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met some employees/recruiters at the career fair as well as at an info session. Some of the people there mentioned that they are looking for social and analytical skills, so if you can convey that in your cover letter, that would be helpful. I applied through my university job board and got a first round in person interview at the career fair. It was 30 minutes with one of the senior associates. A week later I was asked to come back for a final round interview in their office in SF. Unfortunately I had already accepted something else by that point. But it seems like a really great place to work. Very social people who work hard but also like to have fun.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got contacted to do a 1 on 1 interview with a first year associate over skype. I personally thought the interview was really straight forward with nothing out of the blue. I personally didn't feel like I was connecting with my interviewee much though, she seemed to be in a hurry and kept looking off in the distance as I spoke to her. I felt that was a bit rude. I didn't get a call back for even a second interview which was kind of surprising as I come from one of their top universities and I also feel I really fit the vibe they are looking for (from what I've heard from my friends working there). But also not surprising because of the girl interviewing me, she didn't really seem interested in me. It is always a bit uncomfortable to be interviewing with someone who is the same age as you and has only worked at the said company for a few months...and this is the person who decides if you make it to the next level? Either way, it seems like a great place to start if you connect with the young associates.

Interview Questions

Triage Consulting Group Response

Feb 17, 2017 – Principal

Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm sorry to hear it fell short of your expectations. I shared this feedback with our Recruiting Team, and we wish you luck as you continue your career search... More