Triage Consulting Group Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.5

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through the website, so the process was much longer for me. All in all, it took 7 weeks. The initial Skype screen was very casual and just making sure that you understood what the company did, and why you wanted to be a part of that.
    The First round interview was with two Managers and was just as casual, just making sure that you could relate your experiences to the role.
    Then they flew me out to their office in San Fran, which was gorgeous by the way, had two interviews with a managers, which were again informal. If you know yourself, your experiences, and your resume, then you are golden. Don't be a robot. Be yourself, have fun with the interview, and all will be well. They took me out to a sweet lunch, I got to ask other associates what the job was like, and what living in SF was like. The Case study they make you take should not be called a case study, it's more just the ability to see discrepancies and then quantitatively sort out those discrepancies.

Honestly, a great experience overall, I felt super relaxed and as long as you are able to talk about yourself, your passions, your past experiences, you'll be fine. Once you get to the final interview, all they're looking for is whether or not you'll be a good fit.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to the San Francisco office and the recruitment process consisted of one Skype interview with a Principal at the company as well as an on-site interview. A majority of the interview questions were seeking to gauge personality and gain insight into how I would perform when working with teams. The case study was relatively straightforward, but I recommend asking as many clarifying questions as possible when the recruiter is explaining the process. Overall the interview was a very enjoyable process!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Two interviews. One Skype one in person which consisted of three solo interviews along with a lunch with some of the younger workers there. Solo interviews were about 45 minutes each and were similar questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied the university career recruiting, had a first round interview at my university and then went to the final round in SF. Final interview was fun. Case interview was straightforward but easy to make a mistake on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career center with resume and cover letter. Attended on campus info and networking session. Had one on campus interview and then was invited to SF for a super day. At the super day you will interview with several managers where they ask pretty much the same kind of behavioral questions. Nothing to prepare for really expect knowing your resume and being able to speak about your past experiences in a thoughtful manner. There is also a fairly simple case study that you do not need to study for. They take you out to a nice lunch with a current associate and senior associate where you can pretty ask almost anything.

Interview Questions

The job seemed interesting and the company offered great benefits such as a lot of accrual PTO and fairly nice base salary coming out of school. The working hours also seemed to be pretty relaxed - roughly 8 am to 5 pm everyday according to the current employees I spoke to during my interview. Declined because I felt that future job opportunities were somewhat limited and that it was not 'true' consulting in a sense because the role appeared to be more of an insurance auditor. The people are great however and the office is in a nice location near BART.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

From the initial application to the final interview, it was about 5 weeks. Whether you get accepted or not, they are really great about getting back to you within 2 weeks (some people hear back earlier than others, but the timing isn't necessarily an indicator of acceptance or not so don't worry too much!). I heard about Triage from a friend and attended an info session held at my university's campus. The info session itself was helpful to get a general idea of the organization, but I found that talking to friends working in Triage was also very helpful (if not more) with truly getting a feel for the culture. I made it past the initial application screening and was invited to interview for the 1st round of interviews. Interview was a standard behavioral interview with a Principal, make sure to understand who you are as a person, thoroughly understand your resumé, know your goals in life, and be able to express why you decided to apply for Triage (standard process).

After this, I was invited to attend the 2nd (and last) round of interviews which I was flown into San Francisco for. This consists of 3-4 interviews with employees of various ranks, which is great because it allows you to ask questions to people who have had different experiences and tenures with Triage to give you an idea how employees progress from one position to the next. I think this was really awesome because it gave a wide spectrum for prospective employees to engage with and learn more about the unique roles, so take advantage and feel free to ask questions. It's an all-day interview (about 9-3) so prepare accordingly in a way that you're comfortable with (maybe coffee, breakfast, etc), but for the most part the conversations were just meant to get a better idea of who I was as a person and my professional goals. Like any interview, you will want to prepare well. At the end of the day though, I'd say don't try to fit a specific mold of what you think they're looking for. Just be yourself, relax, remember to smile, and if this company is right for you it'll work out in the end for the better for both you and the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered an issue, how did you resolve it? Why Triage?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

Interview

My first interview was behavioral on my campus, which was very fluid. It was about half an hour long, and was essentially us just trying to get to know each other.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Triage? What team-based experiences have you had? What was a time you failed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Day long interview process, multiple interviews, lunch with current employees, post-payment review based case study. Pretty easy hiring process, nothing to worry about. The case study is also relatively simple.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was involved in their off-campus recruitment. First stages consisted of an initial phone screen that was more conversation-like and gauging interest in healthcare and Triage (also to make sure you're not some robot), and then two Skype interviews with Managers at the firm. After that, I was invited to attend a final round superday in their SF office that involved 3 interviews with Managers/Principals, a case study, and casual interactions with other Associates/Senior Associates over breakfast and lunch. As many of the previous reviews state, the case study isn't something you can prepare for; they teach you everything you need to know and from there it's just about using critical thinking and basic algebra skills. Everybody was helpful and friendly throughout the whole process and definitely helps to make the recruiting experience enjoyable and easy-going. They really mean it when they want you to be yourself and have a good time while you're with them--smile!

Interview Questions

• Why Triage?
      Why healthcare consulting?
      Why did you choose your school and major?
      What role do you usually play in a teamwork setting?
      Can you give an example of a time where you demonstrated leadership/Tell me about a time where you were in a position where you had to delegate roles and tasks.
      How do you manage multiple tasks at once?
      What's your 5-year plan?
      Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a friend or coworker.
      Tell me about a challenge you experienced on a team and how you worked to overcome it?
      What role did you play in that challenge in overcoming it?
      Was there a specific time where you started shifting from pre-med to more business centered roles?
      Is there anything you’d like to talk about on your resume that we haven’t touched upon?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (Berkeley, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through my school and was chosen for a first round interview where I met up with a Principle from the company. It was mostly a behavioral interview where she asked a bit of my interests and background and why I chose the university I attend and major. It was 30 minutes long and almost like a causal conversation. Formal attire is preferable and they appreciate if you know some background on the company and position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major? Why did you choose your university?   1 Answer