Triage Consulting Group Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Triage Consulting Group Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Day long interview process, multiple interviews, lunch with current employees, post-payment review based case study. Pretty easy hiring process, nothing to worry about. The case study is also relatively simple.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was involved in their off-campus recruitment. First stages consisted of an initial phone screen that was more conversation-like and gauging interest in healthcare and Triage (also to make sure you're not some robot), and then two Skype interviews with Managers at the firm. After that, I was invited to attend a final round superday in their SF office that involved 3 interviews with Managers/Principals, a case study, and casual interactions with other Associates/Senior Associates over breakfast and lunch. As many of the previous reviews state, the case study isn't something you can prepare for; they teach you everything you need to know and from there it's just about using critical thinking and basic algebra skills. Everybody was helpful and friendly throughout the whole process and definitely helps to make the recruiting experience enjoyable and easy-going. They really mean it when they want you to be yourself and have a good time while you're with them--smile!

Interview Questions

• Why Triage?
      Why healthcare consulting?
      Why did you choose your school and major?
      What role do you usually play in a teamwork setting?
      Can you give an example of a time where you demonstrated leadership/Tell me about a time where you were in a position where you had to delegate roles and tasks.
      How do you manage multiple tasks at once?
      What's your 5-year plan?
      Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a friend or coworker.
      Tell me about a challenge you experienced on a team and how you worked to overcome it?
      What role did you play in that challenge in overcoming it?
      Was there a specific time where you started shifting from pre-med to more business centered roles?
      Is there anything you’d like to talk about on your resume that we haven’t touched upon?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (Berkeley, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through my school and was chosen for a first round interview where I met up with a Principle from the company. It was mostly a behavioral interview where she asked a bit of my interests and background and why I chose the university I attend and major. It was 30 minutes long and almost like a causal conversation. Formal attire is preferable and they appreciate if you know some background on the company and position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major? Why did you choose your university?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career center and then was selected and interviewed. They interviewed a lot of people on the same day at my school's career center on the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met some employees/recruiters at the career fair as well as at an info session. Some of the people there mentioned that they are looking for social and analytical skills, so if you can convey that in your cover letter, that would be helpful. I applied through my university job board and got a first round in person interview at the career fair. It was 30 minutes with one of the senior associates. A week later I was asked to come back for a final round interview in their office in SF. Unfortunately I had already accepted something else by that point. But it seems like a really great place to work. Very social people who work hard but also like to have fun.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got contacted to do a 1 on 1 interview with a first year associate over skype. I personally thought the interview was really straight forward with nothing out of the blue. I personally didn't feel like I was connecting with my interviewee much though, she seemed to be in a hurry and kept looking off in the distance as I spoke to her. I felt that was a bit rude. I didn't get a call back for even a second interview which was kind of surprising as I come from one of their top universities and I also feel I really fit the vibe they are looking for (from what I've heard from my friends working there). But also not surprising because of the girl interviewing me, she didn't really seem interested in me. It is always a bit uncomfortable to be interviewing with someone who is the same age as you and has only worked at the said company for a few months...and this is the person who decides if you make it to the next level? Either way, it seems like a great place to start if you connect with the young associates.

Interview Questions

Triage Consulting Group Response

Feb 17, 2017 – Principal

Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm sorry to hear it fell short of your expectations. I shared this feedback with our Recruiting Team, and we wish you luck as you continue your career search ... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

One phone screen to make sure you're not an ax murderer, one skype interview, and final rounds. They mainly want to know that you can fit in with the culture (be fratty). The interview was very standard. Nothing crazy. They want to know you can hold a regular conversation without being awkward. Pre-existing skills aren't necessary because they will teach you everything you need to know.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

If you are applying from one of Triage's core campuses during the school year (check website to confirm), the interview process involves 2 rounds, the first of which is on-campus and the second will be at the San Francisco office.

The first interview will be behavioral based and will be with either a Manager or Principal at the firm. The second round has three interviews, all of which are behavioral and will be with Managers or Principals, and a case study. After the case study, candidates will be treated to lunch, accompanied by a Senior Associate and an Associate.

The case study is straight-forward and does not require theoretical knowledge (e.g. 'How much does a 747 weight?'). The questions will be based on medical claims and ensuring candidates understand contract language and application of hospital rates.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work in healthcare and why did you apply to Triage?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Like everyone outlined below, the off-campus interview process consists of initial 20-30 min Skype interview with Senior Associate, 2 Skype interviews (~30-40 min) with Managers and then the in person interview day with Managers/Principals: 2 45 min interviews, case study, lunch with Associate & Senior Associate, then last 45 min interview.

I thought I would weigh in because I see so few rejection feedbacks. I honestly thought I was very well qualified: graduated with highest honors, top ranked college, had both healthcare and business background w/ a life science degree, leadership experiences, finished case study easily with ample time left, questions were easy, etc. BUT, it seems like "fit" is their main concern...at the end of the day, I'm a minority who's actively been involved in social justice-y activities (and yeah, it's on my resume). I don't come from a privileged background, and this served as a backdrop for some of my college experience which I had to explain (had to take a break from school to save up), and no I could never afford to be in Greek life.

My first impression of Triage in person was "wow so frat," and they really did me a favor because I would've probably ended up hating it if I worked there. Everyone was extremely nice during the process though and quick to update from one step to the next--definitely hard to tell during the interviews if you're getting rejected or not. It's a shame that their culture is so limited, but maybe by providing more feedback on here, they'll consider changing (prob not though). So advice to future interviewees: exude frat culture, be white.

Interview Questions

• Are you considering going to med school (given my science background)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied in June. Got contacted to start interview process in early August.

1st round: 30 minute Skype interview with Senior Associate
    2nd round: 2 30 minute Skype interviews with Managers
    3rd/Final round: In-person full day. 3 45 minute interviews with Principals, 90 minute case study, and lunch with Senior Associate and Associate.

All interviews were extremely relaxed. Interviewers ask questions to find out more about your personality, analytical experience, and eagerness to learn and be at the company. Case study is straight forward and fully explained beforehand; only thing to keep in mind is the time limit.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest class you took? What's a time you showed integrity? Discuss your worst grade. Why are you interested in Triage?   Answer Question