Triage Consulting Group Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Triage Consulting Group Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated May 23, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I got first round interviews on campus recruiting career fair, the interviewer was super nice and cracked a few jokes about being an alumni. Be sure to be witty and know your resume backwards and forwards and anything that deals with major, school, credentials. (Heard back the day after)
    Second (final) round was on site and scheduled it a week after the first interview. It was grueling, 9-3 pm interview with no breaks (to be by yourself). You meet with your other interview group mates and get a list of HIGH up people you will talk to for about 45-1 hour. 2 interviews, 30-45 min presentation about the skills test. 45 min tests (highly watched) and 3 case studies. 1 hour lunch with two senior consultants at a nearby restaurant. At this point, you are tired and feel shitty about the test, so chatting up two really friendly consultants was not the best idea for lunch. Come back and go to final round with Principal and get reimbursement forms. You will get an answer within 2 weeks and without any feedback. Be sure to turn in reimbursement form because it is super worth it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

The recruitment team was great, and had very good communication skills at the career fair as well as follow up email contact. Everyone is overall very friendly. I only made it to the first round interview and was asked basic questions about myself. The Senior Associate interviewing me told me my major wasn't one they normally hired from and told me to "sell me on why I should hire you"- since i wasn't a business-related major. This threw me off guard since I was told by various professors and professionals that this was an inappropriate question to ask. I froze and new after my answer that I didn't sell myself the way he wanted. Overall it was a great experience for me, but wish he would have asked me more specific questions to get a feel for what my work ethic is really like.

Interview Questions

• "Why should I hire you out of the other hundred applicants in our pile?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

During 2016 Fall Recruitment cycle. Applied through college recruitment following career fair. I think only reason I got interview was because they had met me so many times. 2 Interviews one on campus, and one in person at their SF office. The second one has a short assessment that they call a case but it's not case. It's basically just a review of billable claims. Easy and straightforward. Asked fairly typical interview questions.

In terms of company culture very fratty and very not diverse at all. Seems like a fun company, but it seems for potential recruits they may place more weight on personality fit and interactions during the interview. Be confident is the biggest thing I think here.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

From the initial application to the final interview, it was about 5 weeks. Whether you get accepted or not, they are really great about getting back to you within 2 weeks (some people hear back earlier than others, but the timing isn't necessarily an indicator of acceptance or not so don't worry too much!). I heard about Triage from a friend and attended an info session held at my university's campus. The info session itself was helpful to get a general idea of the organization, but I found that talking to friends working in Triage was also very helpful (if not more) with truly getting a feel for the culture. I made it past the initial application screening and was invited to interview for the 1st round of interviews. Interview was a standard behavioral interview with a Principal, make sure to understand who you are as a person, thoroughly understand your resumé, know your goals in life, and be able to express why you decided to apply for Triage (standard process).

After this, I was invited to attend the 2nd (and last) round of interviews which I was flown into San Francisco for. This consists of 3-4 interviews with employees of various ranks, which is great because it allows you to ask questions to people who have had different experiences and tenures with Triage to give you an idea how employees progress from one position to the next. I think this was really awesome because it gave a wide spectrum for prospective employees to engage with and learn more about the unique roles, so take advantage and feel free to ask questions. It's an all-day interview (about 9-3) so prepare accordingly in a way that you're comfortable with (maybe coffee, breakfast, etc), but for the most part the conversations were just meant to get a better idea of who I was as a person and my professional goals. Like any interview, you will want to prepare well. At the end of the day though, I'd say don't try to fit a specific mold of what you think they're looking for. Just be yourself, relax, remember to smile, and if this company is right for you it'll work out in the end for the better for both you and the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered an issue, how did you resolve it? Why Triage?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met some employees/recruiters at the career fair as well as at an info session. Some of the people there mentioned that they are looking for social and analytical skills, so if you can convey that in your cover letter, that would be helpful. I applied through my university job board and got a first round in person interview at the career fair. It was 30 minutes with one of the senior associates. A week later I was asked to come back for a final round interview in their office in SF. Unfortunately I had already accepted something else by that point. But it seems like a really great place to work. Very social people who work hard but also like to have fun.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career center and then was selected and interviewed. They interviewed a lot of people on the same day at my school's career center on the same day.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (Berkeley, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through my school and was chosen for a first round interview where I met up with a Principle from the company. It was mostly a behavioral interview where she asked a bit of my interests and background and why I chose the university I attend and major. It was 30 minutes long and almost like a causal conversation. Formal attire is preferable and they appreciate if you know some background on the company and position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major? Why did you choose your university?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

For spring recruiting to start that immediate summer, the entire process took about 2 months from the application submission to the offer. In January, I received an initial on-campus interview invitation a week after submitting my resume and cover letter through my campus's career site, and had the interview a week later. The on-campus interview took about an hour and is typically led by a manager or principal, though sometimes, the CEO has ben known to interview on-campus recruits. I received a final round interview offer a couple days after the on-campus interview and scheduled it for a month later in March. The final round interview takes place in Triage's Embarcadero office and lasts about 5 hours overall. It includes several interviews with different management levels and a case study portion. There's a nice lunch break during which two lunch companions will bring you to an upscale restaurant nearby, and that's definitely a positive experience. Overall, the interviews felt of medium difficulty; prepare adequately with interview questions provided on Glassdoor and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge that you faced in a leadership position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied in June. Got contacted to start interview process in early August.

1st round: 30 minute Skype interview with Senior Associate
    2nd round: 2 30 minute Skype interviews with Managers
    3rd/Final round: In-person full day. 3 45 minute interviews with Principals, 90 minute case study, and lunch with Senior Associate and Associate.

All interviews were extremely relaxed. Interviewers ask questions to find out more about your personality, analytical experience, and eagerness to learn and be at the company. Case study is straight forward and fully explained beforehand; only thing to keep in mind is the time limit.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest class you took? What's a time you showed integrity? Discuss your worst grade. Why are you interested in Triage?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. They focused on mainly if you could get along with other employees. There was an e-mail correspondence, a phone call interview, then on-site interview. I did not find it to be very difficult, it was pretty standard. But definitely prepare questions so that you have answer ready.

Interview Questions

• Will you be willing to work here for 18+ months?
      Describe a time when you were challenged ethically.
      What do you want out of your first job.
      Where do you see healthcare heading.
      Why Triage?
      Describe what you like to do for fun.
      Why healthcare?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I haven't tried yet.