TrialPay Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TrialPay Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay (Mountain View, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Total of 3 interviews: 1 telephonic interview, a code test, and an on-site interview which takes around 4 hours. The first interview was phone screen, just about getting to know you and if you are a potential candidate. Second interview was a code test, and the on-site interview included answering a variety of questions about algorithms and problem solving as well as whiteboard code tests.

Interview Questions

• If you had a file system, how would you program the logic/ algorithm to find a certain file when you have multiple directories and the contents of all the files are unknown.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TrialPay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

1 phone interview with the recruiter for cultural fit. 1 technical phone screen with an engineer. 1 on-site visit (4 technical interviews, lunch break, and coffee break).

Interview Questions

• Given a dictionary of terms ('m' total terms with an average length of 'k'), and a large string (without any whitespace and of length 'n'), create an algorithm that finds when the terms in the dictionary are substrings within the large string such that (1) you can only visit/consider each character in the large string once, (2) 'n' is so large that you do not have the space to create any data structures based off the large string   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay in May 2013.

Interview

Finished a couple of technical questions before phone interview. A phone interview was arranged then. After the phone interview, it's an onsite 1:1 interview. My 1st interviewer told me "good luck" and told me stop the interview here after an one-hour design question discussion. Although I felt positive on my performance on this design problem, the interviewer rejected to provide feedback about my answer.

Pros: HR recruiter is very responsive.
    Cons: No feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TrialPay (San Jose, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Met them in career fair and next day they called me for interview. The interview was for 30mins and they asked me to write an algorithm for missing elements in string. I wrote it, but they asked running time of this algorithm. I told n^2 then they ask me to optimize it to n. I did to some extent but dint do it fully. 1 month passed after that. still dint hear back from them. Guess they rejected me.

Interview Questions

• Find the missing element in a string   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TrialPay in April 2012.

Interview

Technical phone screen. Very friendly. Make sure to prep algorithms prior to taking the phone screen.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay in May 2011.

Interview

My experience with TrialPay was less than ideal. The core issue was that their internal staffers are unprofessional. Here is what happened. First they never called me for my phone interview (they simply forgot about it). 3 days later they came and apologized, rescheduled, did the interview and sent me a coding sample to fill out. I filled it out, sent it to them and they told me that they would get back to me within the next day. They then did not get back to me for more than 2 weeks to then rush me, telling me to come immediately into the office for a 1:1 interview. I went to the interview told them that I have other offers and that I need to know if they want to proceed asap. They promised me a response within 2 days, after 5 days I still had no feedback and took the offer of the other company. I like TrialPay, but their interview process just sucks, there is really no other way to put it.

Interview Questions

• Draw the DB schema of a Wiki application on the whiteboard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TrialPay in August 2010.

Interview

They sent me a bunch of questions. I answered them well. I never heard back from them.