Trimble Interview Questions in Westminster, CO | Glassdoor

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Trimble (Westminster, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, video call and then in person interview. Whole process took about 2 weeks from the first call and about 6 weeks from application to hire. Pretty friendly employees and interviewers. Some questions were presented ahead of time to prepare. Not too bad.

Interview Questions

• Common interview questions, some prompts were given ahead of time.   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trimble (Westminster, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

I had an initial half hour interview with the QA Lead and was able to let them know that I had investigated the company / position, as well as describe my applicable experience. Then I was called in for a follow-up face-to-face with 2 hours of meetings with QA Lead, QA Engineer, and the QA Manager. I met with the QA Lead and Engineer for about an hour, answering questions about my testing experience and then spent another hour with the QA Manager. I was asked about the ability to work off-shift now and again.

Interview Questions

• Write a coding sample in C that prints numbers sequentially and at given interval adds a specified string value.

Given a fictional application, define what additional testing must be done, if a specified additional feature is added.   Answer Question

Member of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trimble (Westminster, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Very long interview process. All the people were very friendly. Seemed like a good environment with a positive work culture judging from the interactions everyone was having there. I had a 45 minute phone interview followed by a 2.5 hour in person interview. In the end they "moved the position to California" but then ended up reposting the job in Colorado. I've heard from others applying there that they had said the same to them. I would have been fine if they had told me they didn't feel I was the candidate for them, but instead it ended up seeming like they couldn't make a decision. Still, it seems like a good company.

Interview Questions

• They asked behavior based interview questions that were very similar to the job description. The recruiter asked more detailed questions than the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trimble (Westminster, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

Met with 5 different leaders of the company in an end-to-end manner. Very efficient. Everyone was terrific and very knowledgeable regarding their industry. Also went to lunch with the sales director to wrap up the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging sales management situation you’ve ever had with an employee and also with a customer?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Trimble (Westminster, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Mine was a bit lengthy with 5 interviews total. One with a manager, another with a manager, then two with potential coworkers, then one more with the hiring manager. It was pretty stressful, but I don't recall any unusual questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about Trimble?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trimble (Westminster, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

1.) Process began with a follow up contact (via email) from a recruiter after attending a university career fair.
    2.) Quick 15 minute phone introduction with the recruiter. Completed a screening form and sent it back. Was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the hiring managers on site in CO.
    3.) 20 minute phone interview with hiring manager. Typical questions about experience, interests, long term goals. They seem flexible with regard to start dates (for summer or seasonal internships) and informed me that the internship would be likely segue into a full time position, pending satisfactory performance. Afterwards, scheduled for another phone interview with a departmental manager from a related group.
    4.) Another 20 minute phone interview with the group manager. Afterwards, passed back to the first hiring manager.
    5.) Offered the chance to take a skills test. "Once you get this back to us, we'll see where to go from there." I wasn't able to get to it right away and received a message from the recruiter asking me how I was doing, because they were "very interested" in me. I took these as good signs, but ended up accepting another offer and never completed the test. Sent a formal withdrawal notice and received a polite response in return along with an offer to "contact them again for other opportunities in the future."

Everybody that I spoke to was polite, professional, responsive, and well organized. If this is indicative of the overall company culture, then it would appear to be a pleasant place to work. I didn't hesitate to recommend them to some of my colleagues at school.

Interview Questions

• Phone interviews: mostly broad questions about background, long term goals/ambitions, interests, some light technical stuff.   Answer Question
    • Skills test: code refactoring.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trimble (Westminster, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

I felt that I was a valuable applicant from day one of the interview process. I was contacted initially by an HR representative who was the same person to do my initial interview. I then had a second phone interview before being brought into the office for additional interviews. The number of interviews and care taken during those interviews showed me that the company truly cares about every potential employee. HR was fantastic about explaining the benefits and the managers who interviewed for my role asked valuable questions related to my experience, not basic and generic interview questions.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trimble (Westminster, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

Very casual, met with the hiring manager who was not actually the manager of the position, but a co-worker parallel to the position. Discussed roles and responsibilities, talked about the products to test my knowledge of these products going into the position, introduced me to a few other colleagues. Everyone was very laid-back.

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Trimble (Westminster, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

My initial communication with Trimble was in the form of a phone call from the Trimble HR recruiter. I had submitted my resume approximately 4 weeks prior and was surprised to get a call so long after the submittal. I arranged a 30 minute phone interview with the HR rep which led to a panel phone screen with the hiring manager and his peers. There were 6 people on the phone panel interview. After waiting an additional 7 weeks, I received an offer which was well below my targeted salary range and not for the job title for which I applied. Disappointing at best. After some negotiation, I was able to raise the salary offer to within an acceptable range. I was pressed to start immediately. My first day was frought with mis-steps by Trimble including lack of communication from my hiring manager and misinformation about when to start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary a bit, but not within the range I was targeting (and making at my last employer).

I would suggest others who are negotiating an offer use both salary and stock as negotiation tools.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trimble (Westminster, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

Started with a phone interview which lasted about 90 minutes. The phone interview consisted of an overview of the position, measurement of my experience and work history and a determination of my interest level. Once making it through the phone interview process, I was asked to visit the Westminster Office for a round of interviews with the Director of Sales, Director of Marketing and also with HR. Each individual interview was scheduled to last an hour. However, each session ran over making the overall session last approximately four and a half hours.

The individual interviews didn't seem to be organized too well. The questions were all over the place and didn't seem to be related to the position. In fact, the interview seemed to be more of a venting opportunity. From what I gathered, there are major organizational changes taking place and the employees aren't exactly happy with them. More importantly, the company is experiencing high turn over and the foils who plan to ride it out are seeing their workload double.

Overall, it seems that Trimble has loft goals and are lacking in quality employees to achieve them. Way to much complaining during the interview process to get walk a way with a warm fuzzy or feelings that this is the right company for me.

Shortly after, I was informed that the company stock price took a nose dive and that the open position was being put on hold.....

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years??   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to travel more than 70% of the time?   1 Answer