Trinity Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trinity Partners Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

3.1

Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Trinity Partners in June 2017.

Interview

I did a phone call with one of the consultants. It was not bad but I think I was not at my best and also I didn't have prior health experience which didn't help.

Interview Questions

• - Which animal would you be if you can choose and why? (Really?)
      - Strengths/Weaknesses
      - Why this position?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Trinity Partners.

Interview

Five interviews in total. I did a first-round phone interview with a Consultant at the firm, followed by three in-person interviews at the office. A few days later, I was asked to do another phone interview with a Senior Consultant.

The first four interviewers were extremely pleasant, personable, and made me feel comfortable during the interview process. You could tell that they were invested in their staff and prospective hires. I particularly enjoyed the support they provided during the case interview, which made the process seem like a back-and-forth discussion instead of a barrage of questions. In moments I felt stuck, the interviewers were quick to help me back on track and reach a sensible solution. This type of interaction is what I would have expected the environment at the firm to be like. Based off of these experiences, I believe I would have enjoyed working at Trinity.

However, the last phone interviewer was stoic, non-collaborative, and generally disinterested in what I had to say. In addition, he provided no guidance during the case study portion of the interview and essentially led me to blindly guess a final answer without any feedback or solution. I've had interviews not go my way before, but I was especially taken aback by this interviewer because the experience was vastly different from previous interviews with the same firm. I don't know if they were pressure testing me, but regardless, this interview experience negated a lot of what I thought about the firm previously. I'm unsure if the fit would have been right for me as I wouldn't be able to work with someone like this last interviewer.

Having said that, please note that this is a singular experience. I don't want to knock on the firm as they do very interesting work and most of the people I talked to were great. Good luck to future interviewees!

Interview Questions

• All interviews had a case portion. Some behavioral questions, mostly market sizing/pricing/entry questions relating to projects the firm has worked on in the past. Very typical for firms in this industry and definitely interesting case questions!   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trinity Partners in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview with a Senior Associate at the firm. The interview itself was a very positive experience and my interviewer was very pleasant. The interview lasted for approximately one hour and entailed a 30-minute behavioral/resume walkthrough component followed by a 30-minute case discussion.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral component: Why life science consulting? Why Trinity Partners? Tell me more about yourself.
      Case component: standard market sizing case question. The case discussion usually models a previous case that the interviewer had worked on.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trinity Partners.

Interview

After I did the initial phone interview in mid-January (15 min behavioral, 30 min case), I received no updates from Trinity for four weeks, and had to repeatedly prompt the HR employees to give me updates about the hiring process. Then, after another 2 weeks had passed and I heard nothing, I emailed HR again who then told me they had essentially completed the hiring process. I was surprised because the interview went well--the interviewer had expressed to me that the conclusion I reached for the case was exactly what they had actually decided at Trinity. Trinity is extremely poor with communicating where they are in the hiring process with potential candidates, and this inability to be open and communicative with candidates is something that made me lose respect for the company completely.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trinity Partners (Waltham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of a 45-minute phone interview (15 min behavioral, 30 min case) and final round was 4 interviews in Waltham office. The final round interviews were mostly talking about resume experience followed by a short case question. HR people were very nice throughout the process. Usually they tell you quickly (1-2 days) if you have moved to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Cases were mostly market sizing. Behavioral: Walk me through your resume, why Trinity, why life science consulting, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trinity Partners in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting, first round was 30 minutes evenly split between fit and a short market-sizing/case question. The interviewers were so-so, tried to sell Trinity as a smaller company than it is; they were also using a 3-step interview process which seemed unnecessarily long and difficult for everyone involved--they definitely could have cut the initial pool down much more, and also seemed comparatively interested in a pretty "good old boy" type of candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trinity Partners (Waltham, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

30min interview (but the interviewer was almost 10min late), with a 15min short case and 15min for fit questions. The interviewer gave me no guidance or feedbacks on how he wanted to proceed with the case. He acted to be super non-collaborative. I don't want to say this, but the interviewer acted like socially awkward. He did not even know how to properly hold a conversation. No sure how good this firm can be if its consultant is like this. Definitely drained out my interest in working for this firm. Worst interview experience ever!

Interview Questions

Trinity Partners Response

Oct 17, 2016 – Director, HR

We would like to sincerely apologize that your interview was shortened and that you received little guidance and feedback during the process. Given we are in the client service business, our... More

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trinity Partners (Princeton, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Great streamlined recruiting process, 3 rounds of a total of 6 interviews with various people in various positions allows you to really make sure you want the job and you learn a lot about the company and its people

Associate? Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Trinity Partners.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Had a phone interview, then I believe a second phone interview when was flown out. I head back at each step within a few days. Phone interviewers were really pleasant and forthcoming. Onsite interviewers were pleasant, though some were harder to read.

Interview Questions

• Each interview, both phone and onsite, were about half and half case interview and classic interview.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trinity Partners (Waltham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Took 3+ weeks. Phone HR interview to assess fit followed by technical interview on the phone. Each lasted for about 30-45 minutes. This was followed by a half day in-person interview with senior management and consultants. Mostly behavioral and case-based. There were at least three case interviews which were of average to hard level of difficulty. They were challenging, yet interesting because the cases were actual ones which Trinity Partners had worked on. Everyone was really nice and genuinely interested in getting to know you. Received the status updates fairly quickly and was always kept in the loop. Overall, excellent hiring procedure.

Interview Questions

• Why Consulting? Why Trinity? Anything you want to highlight from your resume?   Answer Question