TripAdvisor Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TripAdvisor Account Manager Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Newton, MA).

Interview

The process consisted of 1) a screening phone interview with the recruiter 2) a 1.5 hour phone interview with the hiring manager and another team member 3) 3 hour in-person interview 4) second 3.5 hour in-person interview. The correspondence from the HR manager and recruiter were both professional and prompt. While I did not ultimately get the job, I felt they were both professional and didn't leave me hanging as many companies do.

The in-person interviews were very difficult. While the hiring manager asked questions that pertained well to the job and my general philosophies and thinking, I spoke with him in total for over 3 hours. I felt as though he should have been able to ferret me out more quickly than that if TripAdvisor wasn't going to move forward with an offer. The interview with the global director of the communications team was grueling. While he was nice and had a number of insightful questions, several of those he asked could only have been answered by someone who was previously employed by the company. The CMO seemed to have her mind made up based on my resume before even meeting me, and was flatly rude at several points.

Interview Questions

• Which of our news announcements do you think has had the most success and direct impact on the company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TripAdvisor

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in HarbourFront (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (HarbourFront (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

I have been through only two rounds of interview yet and am quite impressed with their staff. The first one was over the telephone with their HR person. It was mostly about my past experience and at the end she explained me the role that they were interviewing for.
    The second round was a Skype interview with the manager in charge. He went extremely in depth about my experience, personality and role preferences. I guess he was trying to judge the passion and perseverance levels.

Interview Questions

• What excited you the most about your last job?
      What frustrates you?
      Any instance in your previous role where you went out of your way to help your client.
      Answer Question

I am yet to go through all the rounds.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

I received an email from hr internal recruiter, we fixed an appointment for a phone interview with internal human resource, the following day I was informed I passed the interview and we fixed an other phone interview with Line Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences
      What do you know about the company
      What motivates you for this role

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Oxford, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very long and tiring. 6 interviews 5 of which via skype for 3 hours in a row... Only face to face interview with the floor manager who actually left before I even started.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They decided the salary.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

First they send you a calendar request, BUT it doesn't work if you don't e-mail them directly.
    It looks like they have an inefficient recruitment process because the interview was very difficult to coordinate. The recruiters ( because I was talking to 2 different person from the same company) re-schedule the interview several times, like they do not have experience doing it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what do you do in your day to day tasks?
      Why do you want to work for TripAdvisor?

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I have been interviewed on the phone by HR. Afterwards I received an invitation for a face to face one in the London office. I was then interviewed by the manager of the department and the HR advisor, who looked so young and unexperienced like she just graduated. None of them basically listened to anything else I said after my reply to their first question (do you mean by your statement that the workload is too much?). Although I meant something totally different from what the manager got and tried to make it clear, the manager shut completely his attention and later on I received the communication that they were not going to proceed with my application because according to the manager I could cope with the company pace. I wrote back to HR explaining again what I said during the interview and I could easily show with my numbers and with references inside my current company that what the manager got was so far from the truth. They didn't even take the time to reply to my email and just ignored it. It was in all my career the most unprofessional interview and it was extremely disappointing to see that such a growing company puts so less effort and skills in the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• None. They rather asked for numbers and market share of the company I was currently working for.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. I applied via LinkedIn and got a call from the recruiter based in Singapore. After that, she set up one on-site interview and two Skype interviews. All of them went very well and overall I had a fairly positive experience. Now, things go from very good to very bad.

A week after my final interview, I get a call from the recruiter and she told me that my interview went very well and they are looking to make an offer. They are in discussions internally to sort out things and that 'I will' receive an offer of employment (not just a response, but an offer) within three working days. I was extremely happy to hear that!

Three days passed and there was no response. I followed up on email and asked the recruiter about the status. Her response was that one of the interviewers hadn't yet provided their feedback and she will sync with them and then let me know. This was extremely un-professional. That was the final email I received from the recruiter. I sent her 2-3 follow ups promptly before finally giving up.

What annoyed me in the entire process is that even if the role was simply dissolved due to internal restructuring, I'd be okay as long as it was communicated. Or if they decided on another candidate, even that is fine. The fact that all the hard work I put in preparing for those interviews and my sincerity meant nothing to TripAdvisor was extremely disappointing (especially after I received a call confirming that I'd be getting an 'offer').

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone to use TripAdvisor as an advertising platform?   Answer Question