TripAdvisor Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

3.2

167 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA).

Interview

Got an interview from an on-campus recruiting event. Easy first round, a basic programming question. The second round was a coding exercise, fairly easy. Interviewed at the Boston Office which had 3 rounds, resume round, and 2 technical interviews.

Customer Success Associate - Spanish/Portuguese Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Needham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a GREAT experience. I originally applied for a position in their Boston office. A rep from HR called and wanted to talk to me about that position and another one that she thought would be a good fit. I had a phone interview with the supervisor of the Customer Success Associate position in Hotel Solutions the next week and was invited to their office in Needham the following week. Upon arrival, the staff was really nice and welcoming. There was some confusion about where the interview would be so I was able to get a pretty good tour of the building. The interview had 3 parts. The first was with the team lead who offered honest opinions and feedback. The second was the supervisor. The third was with the head of a different team. The third interview was a mock phone call in Spanish which was nerve wrecking but the employee was really great and offered constructive feedback.

Interview Questions

• Mock phone call in a foreign language to practice discussing the product.   Answer Question

May 17, 2017 – Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to review your interview experience. I’m glad that it was so positive and that you received constructive feedback after your interview. I encourage you to stay in touch... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Needham, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, one with HR and one with a Manager. All very nice and respectful people, showed lots of interest and made sure I was comfortable. I was then invited into the office and met with three people in the Finance Department. They asked fairly general questions about my experience and resume and were all engaged and made sure there was time for me to ask questions. Didn't end up getting the position but was very satisfied with the process.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience line up with the job description?   Answer Question

MBA Rotation In Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

First round phone screen followed by a first round interview over the phone followed by an onsite final round with multiple interviews, one of which is a presentation of a product and how I'd like to improve it.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite product? Why? What would you change about it?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I received the notice two weeks after I submit the resume. It was an interview on skype. They just asked about your project on your resume and talked about their department's tasks. Sometimes they don't understand your project. The email said about the some coding in it. However they didn't ask any coding question.

Interview Questions

• Details about random forest that applied on regression problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Needham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university. Was contacted by recruiter within a week, asking me about my background, and set up a telephonic interview with one of their engineers. This was followed by a take-home coding assignment which was supposed to handed in within 48 hours. The next day, they called to set up an on-site interview, which consisted of two technical rounds, and lunch with one of their new hires. I did well in the first technical on site, so the second one just kept grilling me until they deemed me not good enough.

Interview Questions

• HR screen: Tell me about a project; why TripAdvisor;
      Telephonic: Basic String/Tree/Array related questions
      Take home: Want to see how well you design the solution of a problem
      On site: Again, revise your fundamentals. medium-hard level problems   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The HR called me first and set up a phone interview with me. At the time I have received a call from a senior developer. He asked a couple behavioral questions about my resume and my experience. Then he asked me a coding question. The call lasted for one hour.

Interview Questions

• Longest Substring with At Most K Distinct Characters. Leetcode 340. But this question is harder. He wants me to return the substring other than the length.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

phone screen with recruiter, then a phone screen with department manager, and finally in-person interview with team. overall, a great experience. cool office, friendly culture. casual environment. i trusted everything the employees were telling me was true.

Interview Questions

• what's something we should know about you that we don't see on your resume?   Answer Question

May 17, 2017 – Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review and for taking the time to meet with our team. I was pleased to read that you had a positive experience here. Although we unfortunately did not move forward with the process... More

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Needham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

First-round interview: talk with the team manager about your resume and experience
    Homework: a practical problem that requires modeling
    Onsite: team members are nice and brilliant. We discussed about my previous projects and the challenges they met in their current work. They asked a lot about a/b testing.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a technical phone interview, followed by a coding challenge. For take home interview the question was pretty straight forward. Basic CS fundamental program on collab-edit. The phone screen also included some questions about OO and algorithms. The interviewer was very friendly and he explained the position to me in detail.

The coding challenge was very interesting. I got 48 hours to work on it. I made sure that I wrote a very clean code, created README.md, wrote more than 14 test cases, Junit tests, noted my assumptions and provided them with the zip of all of these along with the source code. I did not receive any feedback on this up to 14 days. After that I got a reject. I was extremely disappointed that after so much of effort on writing a clean code, and submitting a solution professionally, I got a reject.

Interview Questions

TripAdvisor Response

Jan 23, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback about your interview. The coding challenge is a crucial part of our interview process and we certainly appreciate you taking the time to complete it... More