TripAdvisor Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TripAdvisor Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 1, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied in early October and heard back about 2 days later. I started off with a phone interview with the recruiter to go over my resume. I then had 2 technical Skype interviews over the course of 2 weeks. The questions were pretty standard and I'd say maybe leaned towards moderate difficulty. The interviewers provided a lot of feedback during the process and did their best to help me think through the problem. They also were very enthusiastic about answering my questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given a list of boarding passes with an origin and a destination, find the original origin and final destination.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TripAdvisor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Troy, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Brief and friendly, chatted about classes and then straight into the technical interview. I struggled initially with one of the problems and the marker / whiteboard I was given was really messed up complicating things. Problem ended up being quite solveable and we had plenty of time to chat afterwards about how he liked the company and projects he had worked on.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of tags, how would you keep track of duplicate tags?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed via Skype with the hiring manager because I was abroad. I had a second interview with the hiring manager and two people from HR. The first half of the first interview consisted of the manager telling me all about the department and company culture, and very few questions were asked of me. I was given a lot of time to ask my own questions.

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Needham, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Gave my resume to them at the career fair. Had a skype technical, then a project, then an onsite interview. The skype technical was an hour, the project was supposed to take 1-2 hours but it took much longer. Onsite there were 3 technical interviews. The onsite day was nice, the interviews were done before lunch so the rest of the day was spent getting to know the company.

Interview Questions

• Skype Interview: Reverse an array, reverse a singly-linked list. Project: Handle hotel reservations and given a time frame, reservations and hotels, return all the hotels with availabilities for that time frame. Onsite: Write mergesort and a summation that calculates its complexity. Make a vending machine app. Remove all the whitespace from a file.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

It was an online Skype/whiteboard coding interview. 1 hour which consisted of about 20 minutes of concept questions and the rest dedicated to coding. Overall it was an enjoyable call, the interviewer was very good at giving helpful clues to the problem when it was obvious that I was stuck.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of numbers and the upper and lower bounds, sort them in LESS than O(nlog(n)) time.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

TripAdvisor visited my University for the Career Fair and at their booth, I was asked about how hashtables are implemented, its time complexities, about holistic hash functions. Later got a call for a 45 minute on-campus interview. The interviewer was very pleasant and supportive. Question was based on dynamic programming.

Interview Questions

• It was not the same ones discussed on Glassdoor. It was related to dynamic programming.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I was offered a preliminary technical interview after meeting with recruiters at a career fair, which was difficult. I had a subsequent onsite interview with 3 managers and a director. The interviews were all technical and ranged greatly in difficulty, but tended to be somewhat tricky. I was told I would hear back with a decision within a week and then never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would implement the singleton design pattern   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

Handed in my resume during my university career fair and got an email scheduling phone interview after. After that they gave me a coding problem, which I need to complete in 24 hours and email back to them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Basic stuff but easier than some other interviews   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at the career fair, who immediately asked me to describe a hash table. Received a call a few days later to schedule a phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

phone interview