TripAdvisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TripAdvisor Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

Recruiting team put me on the wrong team so interviewer could not interview me. He apologized for the mistake but they did not give me a chance to interview again.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I got recommended by a friend working in TripAdvisor and took phone screen. Recruiter contacted me and asked me about my previous experience. Later she scheduled a phone screen interview.

Interview Questions

• CS basics: Big O concept, HashTable, BinarySearch, OO design principles   Answer Question

TripAdvisor Response

Nov 17, 2017 – Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for leaving your feedback. We’re proud of our strong employee referral program and are pleased to see that you had a positive interview experience. Thanks again for taking the time to speak... More

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Needham, MA).

Interview

3 rounds of onsite interview. I got there in the morning, had a lunch with 2 of their engineers and other candidates. After which I had 2 rounds of tech interviews and a round of reasoning interview. Love the first two, even through I failed at the second one. Really hate the third one, not sure what can the company get about me.

Interview Questions

• 2 tech interviews, can't tell you what they asked, but I suggest you to go through both algorithm and Java basic.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Needham, MA).

Interview

interview is not reflective of the job, The recruiter was hell bent on if I went to a business school or not, it didnt matter to her that I had 7 years of experience in product management. Read some of product manager reviews, the honest ones will say that how they are doing such mediocre work and are more of project managers instead.
    Its surprising to see how many harvard, MIT grads are working in this company. We have an overabundance of below average ivy league students who are settling for ~ 100k salaries and this gives companies like trip advisor to blindly increase their requirements for meagre work they expect their PMs to do. I asked the recruiter to not contact me again.

Interview Questions

• Did you go to Business School?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair, had first technical screening on campus a couple weeks later. 45 min interview, first 15 mins was talking about resume and past experiences then was asked a short technical question. Was asked about bit manipulation to convert an integer with on bits corresponding to valid days of a week to strings of valid days.

Interview Questions

• convert an integer with on bits corresponding to valid days of a week to strings of valid days.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

I was offered an interview. One round of on campus, one round of take home coding challenge, last round is on-site. The on-site interview consists of 4 small coding rounds and 1 general round.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of strings formatted as "/something/something2/some..." to arbitrary depth, write a function that returns all strings in the list that has a given prefix.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. Got a call from the recruiter telling me the interview processThe call wasn't an interview but instead a info sharing. However, after they told me one software engineer is going to call me for a tech phone screen. I never heard back. I reached out to the recruiter twice for follow up, they replied to me with a rejection letter. The process is incredibly rude with no respect for candidate's time and patience. Even for the first phone call the recruiter rescheduled twice. I hope in the future they can improve their recruiting system but I personally will never apply again.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

They had reached out to me to schedule an interview. The 30 min interview started with a brief resume run through and self-introduction, then an introduction on TripAdvisor. Afterwards the interview went into technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

One hour Skype interview with a Mobile Team member. Ask about the resume and project I have done. Then she gave me two coding problems to solve. The questions are not hard, you just need to write bug-free program.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

was asked to give them a resume, talked little bit about myself, and was asked on-spot question which was very interesting and very nice to be doing unlike other companies who told students to apply online