TripAdvisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TripAdvisor Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2018

Recruiting Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA).

Interview

Saw the job online and was referred by a friend to apply. Was contacted very quickly about setting up a phone interview which is where it started going down hill. After getting rescheduled on four times including during the time they were supposed to be calling me (only knew because I checked my email) I was kind of over it. I took the interview as a favor to my friend who worked there. When she finally agreed on a time and followed through, she called late and made no mention of the rescheduling issues. She asked me to recite my resume and two of the most surface level questions. When I asked her one she had seemed very rushed so called it a day and hung up after 10 minutes. She then called back three minutes later to explain it was a contracted role. Mind you there was no previous mention of this either in the job description or in our dialog. Was polite and said keep me in mind but in reality please don't.

Campus Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

The phone interview was brief and the interviewer came off as hard to relate with and harsh. Questions were what you would expect in an interview nothing caught me off guard.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you were in a stressful situation and explain how you “put out the fire”   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

Their process is very poor, they sent a bunch of faulty emails saying my interview was cancelled. When we finally had the interview, the interviewer didn't know the basics of data structures used to solve the problem he asked.

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

Quick phone call... then a skype interview. Waited two weeks to find out they went with someone else. At least had the decency to let me know that they had moved on with someone else instead of leaving my hanging.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

Went through a recruiter. Tech phone interview took 1h.
    The interviewer is really nice and kind. He tried to make me not nervous.
    Asked about machine learning questions and coding questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Needham, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

They were really kind and quick the whole way through. After a Skype interview and an assignment I was invited on campus, flown into Boston, they even let me stay and visit family. The interview day was speaking to 3 engineers. I knew I messed up the interview, I didn't ask enough questions and my whiteboard code was super sloppy. I don't know what got into me. Anyway, needless to say I was rejected but they were quick and nice about it, took 3 days to get a response.

A company that treats it's employees and even potential employees in the way I was treated is going places, I can tell this is a great place to work. Good luck to anyone else applying, and may TripAdvisor succeed.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

The recruiting manager contact me about two weeks after career fair. The email mentioned possible code test, but there was not. The interview took about 45 mins, and was mainly questions about projects on resume.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview happened on Skype and started by getting a call from the interviewer. The interview lasted for 45 mins. The first part is some short technical questions and followed by a coding question which is to be complete on shared coding pad. The interviewer was very pleasant to talk to you and made the whole interview much more enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• NDA signed. Cannot disclose, but it's some CS fundamental question which you can solve by applying the right data structure   Answer Question

TripAdvisor Response

Mar 13, 2018 – Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for reviewing your experience. I’m pleased to read your positive remarks about your interviewer. We appreciate you taking the time to meet with our team and we wish you the best of luck in... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Needham, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screening: ~25 minutes spent talking about my resume, with 30 minutes dedicated to a technical question and 5 minutes for questions. Took them two days to get back to me.

Take-home programming task: I spent the majority of this time working on code design and tests. Got a response in two days.

Accelerated on-site schedule: 2 technical interviews followed by a behavioral interview over lunch. Got a response the next day (although I did ask for an accelerated schedule to counter a separate offer - speed won in this case!)

Interview Questions

TripAdvisor Response

Mar 13, 2018 – Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. We truly embrace our “speed wins” philosophy in all areas of the business and I’m glad to see that your interview process was quick and efficient. We look forward to... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

about 45 mins , basic java knowledge including difference between hash table and hash map, what's the best way to find an element in a sorted array,one code problem