TripAdvisor Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TripAdvisor Marketing Associate Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Newton, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

TA has a very detailed phone screen. Make sure to understand both the company and the role, as well as how your prior experience suits you for the role. Overall, very friendly experience though and a great learning opportunity. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and it made me a better interviewer in the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TripAdvisor

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

The entire process was very professional and thorough. It consisted of two days of interviews- one that was about five hours and meeting with 8 different people within the marketing department and a second with a member of hr and a senior manager.

Interview Questions

• An analytical question involving revenue and costs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Newton, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

I first spoke to a recruiter at a university career fair. He was recruiting only for technical positions, but he offered to take my resume anyway and pass it on. I was contacted a few weeks later by HR to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a few basic background questions about my experience and relevant skills. I then received an analytical skills test via email, dealing with website data points such as clicks and impressions for various accounts. It was somewhat complex, but I completed it within a week. I was then contacted again and invited to a 2.5 hours panel interview. I met with 4 mid to senior level employees, each in a different marketing areas (e.g. SEO, site content, product management, partnerships). Each had previously worked with new hires in the position I was interviewing for, so they were able to answer any questions I had. Finally, I was invited one final time, and met with one senior employee. This was a short interview, about 30 minutes, during which I asked the majority of the questions. I was contacted about a week later with an offer, and given 5 days to make a decision. During that time, I spoke with two HR people about the specifics of the offer before I accepted.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience. Everyone who I met/spoke with was extremely nice and seemed to genuinely like working at TripAdvisor. I had no difficulty getting prompt responses via phone or email. Although the process in total was long (3+ months), there was little lag time between each individual portion of the interview process.

The only thing missing was maybe a quick tour of the office, which may be a selling point for potential hires. I did not see the whole complex, which I have heard is quite nice and has many unique amenities.

Interview Questions

• What one aspect of our website would you change or improve?   1 Answer
    • How would you optimize search engine rank when expanding into a new market in Sweden?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TripAdvisor in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process is fairly standard. After the initial phone screening, you are required to do a written exercise which tests your analytical skills. If you pass that, you will be required to meet with several directors and analysts for a 1:1 interview.

The questions range from analytical questions that pertain to real business problems, to questions about the business itself. Do your research... go online and check out the website. The worst thing you could probably say is, I haven't really looked at the website.

Other than that, it's a fairly straightforward interview. They don't try to trick you... they genuinely want you to do well. So relax and be professional, but definitely let your personality come through!

Interview Questions

• Assuming you saw a drop in traffic for your website, what metrics would you look at to determine where the drop is coming from?   Answer Question