TripAdvisor Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (New York, NY).

Interview

1 home assignment; 1 interview; 3 on-site interviews and a resume-drop before. Overall takes around 20 days to complete. Is a good procedure to rank and find candidates. Applied for Summer Internship Position.

Interview Questions

• Various DS questions and various TripAdvisor related questions   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

There was a telephonic interview, followed by a coding assignment and then an on-site interview. The interviewers were very helpful and friendly. There were some very practical questions on algorithm complexities.

Interview Questions

• 1. (Telephonic) Given a sorted array, find a number.
      2. (Telephonic) Write a program to tell if the right subtree and right subtree of the root are mirror images.
      3. (Telephonic) Making the program in 2 scalable and run on multiple machines
      4. (Coding assignment) Write a plagiarism checker   Answer Question

Freelance Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The company is based in NY and I am across the country, so we had a Skype interview. We spoke for 30 minutes about the job and what the requirements were. This was a much better process than a phone interview as the interviewer and I could look at each other through the process.

Interview Questions

• If I would be willing to travel for the job.   1 Answer

SWE Interview

Application

Interview

On-campus interview. One technical question and one systems question. Technical was tough and needed a specific answer. systems question was easy, involved managing location objects. Person was nice but a little awkward. My not moving forward was mostly on myself

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied in early October and heard back about 2 days later. I started off with a phone interview with the recruiter to go over my resume. I then had 2 technical Skype interviews over the course of 2 weeks. The questions were pretty standard and I'd say maybe leaned towards moderate difficulty. The interviewers provided a lot of feedback during the process and did their best to help me think through the problem. They also were very enthusiastic about answering my questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given a list of boarding passes with an origin and a destination, find the original origin and final destination.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had two rounds of interview in college. Some basic algorithm questions and some language specific questions like javascript if you're interviewing for full stack. There's also an online coding challenge

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

We started with briefly talking about the resume. I was then asked some conceptual questions of data structures and algorithms and finally a coding question. I applied during campus career fair and got contacted by Tripadvisor one week after the career fair.

Interview Questions

• Tell the differences between quick sort and merge sort.   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (New York, NY).

Interview

Was asked to introduce myself to a recruiter and walk through one of the projects in my portfolio. Did most of the talking while the recruiter took notes. Was asked about salary range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed at TripAdvisor on April 2016. After the phone interview, I had a one hour technical interview on Skype with the hiring manager. The question was not hard, but the interviewer was way too rude and unprofessional!
    TripAdvisor's interviewers definitely need to be trained by Google's interviewers. If the interviewee asks clarifying questions, that doesn't mean that you should be ironic and rude! I found two different solutions for the problem, but not the one on the interviewer's mind.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you're very familiar with arrays, sets and loops. (The question is not hard)   Answer Question

TripAdvisor Response

May 24, 2016 – SVP & General Manager, Global Flights Business

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback although it's certainly disappointing to read about your negative experience. We take this feedback very seriously and use it to make... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I was first invited to the on-campus interview but I cannot make it.
    So they phone interviewed me and I passed it.
    Later on the throw me a take home exam asking me to implement some booking functionality in Python/Java.

After submission it is a rejection right away.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of integers, find the largest one in value.   1 Answer