TripAdvisor Interview Questions in Oxford, England | Glassdoor

2.5

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Oxford, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

So I was approached by a recruitment agency who agreed to put me forward for the role. They came back and said that they "REALLY" like my CV and are keen to meet me. I go for the interview and it goes well. My interviewer looked relaxed, didn't really probe too much and, as they had been looking for someone for a while & were desperate for someone, he was interested to simply know whether i could do the job or not. He heard what he needed to hear, literally told me "You'll most likely get the job" and a few hours later I recieve a call from my recruiter saying they didn't take me on as "They believe I seemed distracted and my mind was somewhere else". I was, and still am, confused as this doesn't make sense. The bizarre thing is that this recruitment process is different to normal as my recruiter is dealing with a US recruiter who are dealing with Trip Advisor. So, between myself and TripAdvisor there are 2 middle men. I'm still waiting for more feedback and really hope they made a mistake.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at *insert previous/current employer name*?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was very fast. Firstly I had an interview with the recruiter, after a week I had another skype interview with one of the software engineer. A few days later I received an invitation for the on-site interview in Oxford. During that day I had 5 interviews. I really liked the atmosphere between employees. Everyone was very kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Graph algorithms, data bases. Implement a few Java/C++ classes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Oxford, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Skype interview arranged by recruitment agency. Lasted for an hour, asked to write some java code. Feedback given within 24 hours. Was told that face-to-face will be for the whole day and questions and very difficult. Not specific to any programming language.

Interview Questions

• Write a times table code with formatting   1 Answer

Technical Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was a Skype based first interview. It was an informal technical interview with a number of open ended and specific questions asked. The interview lasted around an hour and feedback was given within 24 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after few days I received an e-mail from the recruiter to fix a skype interview. The interview was about 20 minutes and asked about my lasts experiences. After that, I had an one hour interview with a software engineer. He asked general questions about data structures (difference between array and list, how hashmap works, etc.). Finally he gave me one easy problem to solve on shared screen. I answered well to most of the questions and solved the problem, but I received a reject with the feedback that "I am not yet at the level required on the Computer Science side". I have to mention that I have a PhD in Computer Science. They don't care about your studies or experience, just to answer perfect to questions.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between array and list? operations time   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Oxford, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very long and tiring. 6 interviews 5 of which via skype for 3 hours in a row... Only face to face interview with the floor manager who actually left before I even started.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They decided the salary.

Telesales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Oxford, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

random basically nobody knows what is going on. Totally incompetent people asking irrelevant questions. It took a month to get back to me after the first telephone interview and even when I asked for one I didn't get any feedback. The salary was then much lower than then one advertised!!!

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Oxford, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

As a temporary position I´ve done just a phone interview. I´ve applied for this position through a recruiter agency. After a few days I´ve received a call from HH.RR. Then after a while I received a call confirming that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel switching from one language to another?   Answer Question

Costumer Service Advisor In Oxford Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Oxford, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

The process implies one telephone interview with a person of Human Resources in EE.UU. After that there is an interview in the place you will supposely be located,in my case it was Oxford. I can't tell more about the interview process as this is how far I managed to get.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Oxford, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Had interview at school's career service, first was provided with some class definitions( Coupon and Location where the locations have a parent location) and was asked to implement a method to find the best coupon according to a locationId. then we discussed its complexity. I felt not too bad but got the rejection letter. The feedback was didnt explain enough while i was writing the code.