TripAdvisor Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA | Glassdoor

4.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

TripAdvisor has among the most unprofessional recruiters I have ever encountered. Twice now I've been approached by TripAdvisor recruiters about positions and then have been ghosted. One recruiter reached out wanting to schedule time to chat about a position. She asked for my availability and I provided it. No response. I followed up and still got no response. I then submitted my resume online and the same recruiter reached out to me asking to schedule time to chat about the position. I responded again with my availability and again got no response. Stop wasting my time. So unprofessional.

TripAdvisor Response

Feb 1, 2017 – Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback although it’s disappointing to read about your negative experience. This is certainly not reflective of the standard that we expect our recruiting team to uphold and I... More

Senior Software Engineer/Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I interviewed in March 2014 for Android engineering position in their Palo Alto office. The interview process is very thorough, but they are not interested in your personality or the experience you are bringing in. You will be given back to back programming questions and asked to solve it on white board.

I had the first phone interview with the hiring manager, who after talking about experience and background for about 15 minutes, went to collabedit and was given a program to solve. After 2 days
    I had another phone interview with an Android engineer, who went over some basic android questions and a simple program to solve.

After a week I went onsite for "face-to-face" interview. The office is kind of small and very clumsy I felt. I was taken to a room where the first interviewer asked me some Android questions, nothing out of ordinary. The next interview was a remote interview, someone from Boston office came online and asked few android questions and a coding question involving linked list. The third one was also remote, was asked Android questions and also was given a program to solve. The forth one was with an iOS engineer who asked a programming question and asked to solve it on white board.

The next I had an interview with another company from whom I received an offer the very next day. Meanwhile at TripAdvisor I was left in the wild, the recruiter did not have any clue as what was going on, the hiring manager was out of country. They did not have any courtesy to say if I was selected or not even after sending email after emails. So I accepted the other I already had in hand. After 3 days the hiring manager called and said they wanted to give me an offer, but the offer was lesser than what I had already accepted. So I rejected the offer.

They were not courteous towards the candidate, and they were treating me as if they were doing a favor in considering me for their job. The hiring manager was arrogant and also sounded like he was doing a favor in giving me the offer. At the end even if the offer had been higher I wouldn't have worked for him. Looks like they are still interviewing for the position as I am still getting 3rd party recruiter calls/emails for the same position, even after 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Given a LinkedList that contains both integer and alphabets, remove all the alphabets.

Given three character arrays, merge them together without any duplicates.

Given two Strings see if the second String contains an anagram of the first String   1 Answer

Did not like the culture and attitude of the people there.