TripAdvisor SEM Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TripAdvisor SEM Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

1st phone call with recruiter. 2nd phone call with the hiring manager, most of the questions were behavioral and then a small marketing case study. Then I had an excel test where I was given 48 hours to finish it. Then I had a skype interview with 2 people, all the questions were behavioral and my understanding of SEM industry. I got a reject after this because I did not have relevant work experience.

Interview Questions

• There is a new ship cruise company and you are in charge of the marketing, how will you go about it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TripAdvisor

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (London, England (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted via email saying that they decided to progress my application further and if I was still interested I would first have to do an Excel Exercise based on a simple example of one of their SEM Accounts. After that I was contacted in order to schedule a phone screen. This part for me was the most difficult in terms of questions, the person who called was very nice and gave me all the freedom to answer and take my time. After I was asked to go to their London Office and meet with two people and have lunch with two team members who were very nice. I really liked everyone, and the office building is amazing. I thought it went all extremely well. Finally I had video skype interviews with people back in the home office in the States. Again all extremely nice, I enjoyed the process and believed I did really well. Unfortunately by the end I was not offered the position, they wrote me an email thanking me for my interest in trip advisor, and saying the position was already filled. I was disappointed as I thought I overall did pretty well and the last interviewer even said she heard wonderful things about me from the others. Oh well, the process is tough and lengthy so be prepared, study the company, what they do and the job in itself. I would not mind to be considered for a position with them again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for tripadvisor and why this role?   Answer Question
    • How many hotels are there in the World? How many ATMs are there in New York?   1 Answer

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (London, England (UK)) in April 2009.

Interview

8 Interviews, took over 2 months (about 1-2 weeks in between each phase)
    #1 internal recruiter (phone)
    #2 hiring manager (phone)
    #3 peer, future colleague (phone)
    #4/5 face to face, in office, both from different teams
    #6/7 face to face, in office, with hiring manager and then managing director
    #'8 final phone interview, Marketing Director

Interview Questions

• Analyst Excercise - full excel sheet with multiple questions to demonstrate SEM analytic skills   Answer Question