TripAdvisor Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TripAdvisor Sales Executive Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Newton, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was a great experience! First I had an intial screening over the phone with an HR person, followed by a very simple phone interview with a different HR person. A week later, I had a phone interview with the person who was going to be my supervisor. This phone interview took almost an hour but it went very well. It was of course a bit more complicated. I had a many questions where I had to put myself in the shoes of the competitors, and also do a little role play where I was supposed to convince a customer of the benefits of Trip Advisor´s services.
My final round was a set of 5 different interviews, which already took place in the office.
Some of them were a bit tougher than others, but overall the questions were easy and manageable. My advice, know the company and its numbers very well and of course, if you are applying for a sales position, know the product very well and imagine how would you sell it or how would you convince someone to continue using them. Also, the same as in any other place, ask as many questions as you can and the more complicated the question and more challenging for them, the higher chances you will have to succeed! ;)
Overall the interview process was a great experience! It took less than a month with 4 different rounds. People are extremely nice, polite and helpful (for instance, I had to take a cab and they paid it for me). I think one of the best things Trip Advisor has is the people working there! I had to chance to meet some of them, and everyone has an incredible energy, optimism and are extremly talented.
As long as you have the passion, the energy and the knowledge of the company and its products, you will be fine for an interview with them!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TripAdvisor

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

It was very comprehensive call regarding my experience and details of the position. It was one of the easiest interview I have ever had I must say.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TripAdvisor in June 2014.

Interview

The Hiring process was very tedious. It started in the 1st week of June and lasted till end of July with a total of 4 rounds which included a Mock call. the mock interview was the most difficult.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

There are many interview rounds. I am not sure about the whole process as I only passed through 3 rounds of interview. First round, the hiring manager called me from USA. I had the secound round interview with HR Manager and Sales Manager, and the last round with SalesTeam leader.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

3 rounds of interview totally, first round is the tel call with HR. She asked standard questions just to check what u r doing now and what do you know about their company. Second round is face to face interview with sales team leader, he asked some technical questions about how u achieve target customers and how to close the sales successfully. The 3rd round is a mock call, they will give you a call and pretend to be your client. Then you are required to sell tripadvisor online products to them. This round is quite tough...

Interview Questions

• In the mock call, they will pretend to be some client who speak very broken English and can't easily understand what u said.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

A phone interview, first got a call from HR in the US. She was friendly and asked standard questions about what I know about the company and my background, The second phone interview was from a sales manager also in the US. He was fairly rude, asked the questions aggressively and kept interpreting my answers. He seems to lack basic interviewing skills and kept jumping from questions about me to questions about the company. He expect that you know everything about the company in details which is impossible unless you were given compensative information prior to the interview which didn't happen as all I was given was a link to their site!!!