TripAdvisor Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Newton, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• The 1st interview was with a high-level manager. I was given the requirements for a "source code management" system.

I was asked to detail the kinds of objects to build and what the database table would look like.   Answer Question
  • The 2nd interview was a coding exercise with the following premise: Given a destination page and a page with all the links embedded in it, write a function that determines if the destination is "reachable". You must protect against cyclical / infinite recursion.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TripAdvisor

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

The first on campus interview is great.The interviewer is very nice .After a week, they assigned me a coding assignment and I finished in 24 hours.Then they scheduled me to an onsite interview at Boston. Nightmare began.I should realize that when I arrived at the office and find out my appointment time is 3 hours later than I was told by email.Then they just randomly grasped people from the office to interview me.The coding question is pretty easy and I finished them quickly.The interviewers are arrogant and make me feel bad.

Interview Questions