TripAdvisor Software Engineering Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2017

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

I was offered an interview. One round of on campus, one round of take home coding challenge, last round is on-site. The on-site interview consists of 4 small coding rounds and 1 general round.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of strings formatted as "/something/something2/some..." to arbitrary depth, write a function that returns all strings in the list that has a given prefix.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TripAdvisor

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. Got a call from the recruiter telling me the interview processThe call wasn't an interview but instead a info sharing. However, after they told me one software engineer is going to call me for a tech phone screen. I never heard back. I reached out to the recruiter twice for follow up, they replied to me with a rejection letter. The process is incredibly rude with no respect for candidate's time and patience. Even for the first phone call the recruiter rescheduled twice. I hope in the future they can improve their recruiting system but I personally will never apply again.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

was asked to give them a resume, talked little bit about myself, and was asked on-spot question which was very interesting and very nice to be doing unlike other companies who told students to apply online

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor in October 2017.

Interview

Very disorganized and frustrating. Talked with recruiters on campus. Was selected for on-campus interview for a day I could not make. Scheduled a Skype interview instead, but the interviewer was not able to find me (despite having my ID). Rescheduled for later in the week. I waited for three hours, no call. I emailed the recruiter, who told me it was too late in the process to schedule again.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TripAdvisor in September 2017.

Interview

Firstly described myself, I briefly introduced my education and working experience. It did a good job to make my less nervous. And we went straight into the technical interview. The process took about 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• I cant recall fully, it was a string manipulation problem.   1 Answer
    • How to implement a hash table   Answer Question
    • Count number of appearances for every number in an array. The running time of your algorithm.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The HR called me first and set up a phone interview with me. At the time I have received a call from a senior developer. He asked a couple behavioral questions about my resume and my experience. Then he asked me a coding question. The call lasted for one hour.

Interview Questions

• Longest Substring with At Most K Distinct Characters. Leetcode 340. But this question is harder. He wants me to return the substring other than the length.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

-On campus interview :White board coding for one algorithm problem
    -Coding exercise (2 days to complete)
    - 3 onsite interviews: 2 coding , 1 designing LRU cache

Coding exercise is very trivial and focus was more on style of coding rather than accuracy.

Interview Questions

• 1). Intersection of two sorted arrays
      2).Common ancestor of a binary tree
      3).Designing LRU cache   Answer Question

Software Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Newton, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who was working full time for the company. He sent in my resume and I had a phone interview the next day. The phone interview was very simple, just covered a couple basic topics.

Got driven in the next week for on-site interviews. Went out to eat with the team I might work with, and during the day had about 6 one-on-one interviews with various technical leads. Questions were anything from brain teasers to real world coding problems (that, for example the engineer dealt with the week before), to asking about preferred work environment. The interviews weren't particularly difficult: they were more about getting through long medium-level problems than solving hard, short problems.

Received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't expecting to work through a full, real world code example on a white board, so it was a bit of a pain to write out a full program, but it wasn't difficult persay.   1 Answer