TripAdvisor Software Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

Gave resume at career fair, got emailed for a phone interview about a month later. 30-45 minute phone interview, asking how to merge two sorted lists in linear time. Interviewer seemed to be just a regular guy, wasn't a bad experience.

Question:
Merge two sorted lists (of ints) in linear time. Make sure to account for possible duplicates. The way to answer it is like how you sort lists in mergesort. (In other words, if x[0]>y[0], list_to_be_returned[0]=x[0], x=x[1:] and repeat.)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TripAdvisor

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

Phone interview, ask about experience and background. Then asked me to implement a merge sort. About a week later, I was given a homework problem to do over the weekend, which was writing a console program that allows user to sort data according to their specifications. A week after that they informed me that I did not pass the homework problem.

Interview Questions

• Console program that sorts data according to user specification   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Newton, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen, followed promptly by an in person visit which consisted of 4 one hour interviews back to back and got a decision on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Finding the depth of any arbitrary node in a binary tree   Answer Question