Tripping Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tripping

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tripping (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was really excited by the opportunity to work at Tripping. They have both advantageous partnerships and a clear market opportunity. The interview process started out really well but then became drawn out and ultimately led to a similar conclusion that other no offer interviewees encountered... "Yes, we like you, but we can't hire you."

First, I had a screening call with the recruiter, followed quickly by a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then two separate interview rounds, each with 3 interviewers, done one after the next, with one panel. Everyone was very nice and questions were fairly standard: what technology stack have you worked with? what kind of data have you analyzed? how do you handle too many tasks/requests for analysis at once? At times, I felt the interviewers were spending most of the time talking about the company. Up until this point everything was great... until it wasn't. I was told that everyone really liked me and that I would be receiving an offer. Yay! A couple days later, I was told that the CEO needed to meet with me first. So, I agreed to go into Tripping for the third time. The meeting with the CEO went well, and it seemed like he just wanted to get to know me. A few days later I was told that the company was focusing its resources elsewhere and that they were not going to fill this position.

Naturally, it's possible that things were not as they seemed and that the CEO wanted to go with another candidate. From what I was told, however, this is unlikely. More likely is that the company's management and decision making process is very top-heavy (up to the board/investor level) and needs to have a more clear vision of how to achieve their revenue targets.

In conclusion, this was not a positive experience. Although the hiring manager was responsive and worked hard to keep me informed, it was a bit of an emotional roller coaster. My advice is to try and get clear answers from people about the company's direction and financial status, and wait until you get the offer letter in hand before getting excited about the opportunity.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tripping (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call with the recruiter and the hiring manager, followed by a 4 hour onsite interview with 6 people. The people I met with were very nice and asked thoughtful questions. I had a feeling they were really trying to sell me on the culture and the company.

Even though the interviews went well, I was disappointed with how the company handled communications afterwards. Instead of letting me know their decision in a few days as they promised, I heard back from the recruiter a month after the interview asking me where I was in the process and telling me that they STILL haven't decided. I told her I had to make a decision soon and I never heard back from her again, not even a no. I don't mind not getting the offer, I understand they might have found someone who is a better fit, but I found the process very unprofessional. The least you could, do especially after a candidate has invested so much time in interviewing with the company, is letting them know they didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Tripping Response

Jan 24, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for sharing your experience. Our candidate experience and interview process are very important to us. We were not as responsive as we would like to be and are taking steps to improve... More

Product Interview

Interview

Definitely agreed with the other reviewers - after doing multiple rounds of interviews, the company went radio silence despite repeated follow ups. If you don't have the courtesy to give a candidate a simple yay or nay after all her time spent, I am skeptical how the company is running other things. From my understanding the CEO and COO are mostly out of the office and the Marketing guy was really the one running the company day-to-day - not a good sign and representation of the company if you were to ask me!

Did not get an offer in the end but this is cool because they don't look like a good culture fit anyway!

Interview Questions

Tripping Response

Nov 2, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for this thoughtful feedback on your candidate experience. We've recently overhauled our approach to recruiting, interviewing, and candidate feedback - including bringing more... More

Executive Administrative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tripping.

Interview

First round was a call with a really pleasant recruiter. Second round was a Skype chat with the CEO. It all went really well, but I never heard anything back. I hate when companies leave you hanging like that. Send an email!

Interview Questions

Tripping Response

Aug 18, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Hi! This is Jeff, Recruiting Manager at Tripping.com. First, thanks for saying I was pleasant. Second, I’m really sorry for dropping the ball with you.

In this case, it was a confluence of events... More

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripping.

Interview

Disappointing. Because I really liked what they were building, but I'm happy I did not move forward because their culture seems rotten.

I applied for a role on the product team, had a phone interview and then tried following up about results. I even sent a few follow up emails to their recruiter, before I gave up. If you do not have the decency to let a candidate know the result, at least reply to one of his/her emails.

Interview Questions

• nothing too complex. Just general information about past experiences etc.   Answer Question

May 2, 2017 – HR Director

Hi, this is Angie, HR Director at Tripping.com. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We absolutely strive to keep candidates updated on the status of the roles they have applied for... More

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tripping (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

matched on angellist --> HR screen set up an interview time with hiring manager/executive --> interviewer missed our time --> they decide that this isn't a good fit and end the process

Very strange and negative interview experience. There was no initial HR prelim screen as there usually is, but instead got set up for an hour long call with a senior member of the company (C-level) for my first-round. They also asked me to be ready to talk about some fairly esoteric topics that are specific to the industry, so fair amount of prep went into this interview. Interview time comes and goes without a call, so I reach out to HR to set up another time, understanding that C-level execs are fairly busy. HR gets back to me and cites that due to a mismatch in "culture" and qualifications, they're deciding not to go forward. I've never been rejected before a first round interview on account of the interviewer missing the call ...

The culture argument makes no sense because never actually spoke to anyone, so I have to assume they were looking for different qualifications. In which case, they could have done so before wasting my time with HR communication and putting aside time for an interview. Very annoying company.