Tripwire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tripwire Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripwire.

Interview

After applying, I was emailed by a member of the HR staff, asking for my availability to conduct a phone interview. I emailed them back right away, offering several time windows to have the phone interview. Then, I never heard back. I followed up multiple times, and no response. Several weeks later, I received an automated email that Tripwire had hired someone else.

If that experience was any indication of culture and how the firm is managed, it's not good. Reaching out to a candidate, expressing interest, asking for interview availability, then ignoring any communication after that, is completely unprofessional. Is that how you treat potential clients too?

Hopefully the firm/HR can learn from this experience, and treat future prospects with a little more class - clients and candidates.

Agility Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripwire in November 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy process. Very professional but easy going interview. Recruiter contacted me 1st for a screening interview. A few days later I interviewed with one of the team leads. He discussed the company, the position, and some of their challenges. Asked me a few questions from my resume, etc. Answered a few of my questions. Conversation was very friendly. I followed up but have yet to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you encountered on the job and how were you able to handle it.   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tripwire (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

Rude Interviewer, unfamiliar with the user research/human computer interaction/Information systems field as a discipline. First off, the job description was misleading (the candidate will be working in a product development team with designers, developers), whereas the interviewer told me over the phone that I'd be working independently, not as part of a team. Later on, after a a few basic questions (why are you interested in working at Tripwire, etc), the interviewer said "I see in your resume you were an Instructor for a while? HOW did you get the experience for that? Were you qualified?" My response: " yes, I was, and still am, qualified to teach, because I have a PhD which you can see in my resume". She didn't like that response, and ended the interview within a minute with "ok, I see. Well, somebody from HR will contact you with further steps". Apparently she had no idea that PhD candidates and graduates are qualified to teach (duh!), that's how academia works, and it should be basic knowledge when hiring researchers. Her ignorance and rudeness made me decide not to pursue this position, or any other positions/roles at Tripwire. They should know better than hire stupid and rude recruiters to "sell" their company to candidates.If you're located on the west coast, don't bother with TripWire, there's many IT companies that have more qualified and informed recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for us? You were an Instructor (per your resume)?? Where you qualified for that? How?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tripwire.

Interview

Technical Screening, and brought in for a interview. Second Interview is more about understanding your personality, work ethic, situational questions, etc. Overall a very relaxed process, with simple technical questions that ranged in different areas of IT/Security.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tripwire (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter conducted a brief phone screen to learn background, interest and salary requirements. Followed by in-person interview with HR Director to better understand role and company. Lastly, an in-person interview with team and client group. It was a fairly standard process. People were very helpful, professional and congenial. The office is beautiful and in a great location.

Interview Questions

• Standard types of questions about goals, experience, how you would address a particular initiative that Tripwire has   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tripwire (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen & in-person interview with HR & HR VP

After taking the time to come onsite and interview, they have yet to follow up on it. I sent an email a couple days after the interview indicating my excitement in the position and company, to which no one replied/acknowledged. And despite being interviewed for a "Recruiter" role, The VP of HR kept asking me questions in the interview about how the "Employer Brand" could be improved... I might recommend to him now that improving the brand starts with respecting your candidates time by at least acknowledging their emails and following up with them to let them know when they didn't get the job. I was once a net promoter of the company but after this experience I know why their employer brand needs work. Spend your time elsewhere is my recommendation...

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions - "Tell me a time when..."   1 Answer

Lead UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tripwire (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The in person interview was actually fun for me. I got to meet many of the people I ended up working with and got a feel for what skills are important.

Interview Questions

• The best interview question to date in my career. If I were to designer the Harry Potter magic map as a web application, what would be my approach?   1 Answer

Junior Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tripwire (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone screening by their recruiter and then was given an in person interview with a couple of the devs that I would be working for. Both the phone screening and the in person interview were relaxed and everyone I spoke too was nice.

My only complaint would be that the in person interview was in a coffee shop where the blender was blaring loudly making it difficult to hear the interviewers talking at some points.

Enterprise Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tripwire.

Interview

Solid, professional, on time for each meeting. Each interviewer was professional and asked task and situational questions. The online behavioral survey prior to interviews was odd but isn't used and your results aren't discussed.

Interview Questions

• How would you expand new territory sales   1 Answer

Negotiation

They exceeded my compensation request to on board me immediately

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tripwire (Portland, OR).

Interview

Phone interview was high QA / networking questions.

In person was very technical from OS questions, networking, database
    Test automation framework and tools
    There were also team fit type of questions.

Negotiation

Negotiated for higher package