Triumph Motorcycles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

3.4

Junior CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online
    3 Strengths tests
    Telephone Interview
    Meeting at Hinkley Headquarters in Leicestershire
    Met the other candidates in the boardroom where there were 14 positions with 14 desktop computers running the CAD application Software

The exercise was a all day event for 6 hours of basic CAD learning from the basics . When the 6 hours and 30 mins lunch had concluded we had to construct as many motorcycle components as we could within 45 mins time limit to be assessed .
    The best ones would get the role I assume.
    Candidates in the assessment were at all different strengths some with no experience at all some with 3 years experience.

I felt like there should have been a interview to get to know the attributes they wanted from the candidates but it was a interesting process

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Leicester, England (UK)).

Interview

1 and half hour interview. Consisted of general questions, manufacturing type questions, questions about loads on a motorcycle part. Tough interview and experience. 2 interviewers! The outcome of the interview was presented to me after an hour

Interview Questions

• what type of load simulations are we doing to test the structural integrity of a motorcycle part?   2 Answers

Graduate Powertrain Engineer Interview

Interview

After submitting a CV I was asked to so some online tests. After passing these I was Invited to an interview at the factory in Hinckley. The interview was technically focus, including questions about what a part is and how it was made etc. Overall a positive experience

Powertrain Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I did two interviews, both if which had a technical side to them. I was given an engine part and had to explain some of the physics behind it. Bending moment diagrams came up. They want you to be able to explain your thought process well.

In the second inteview I talked a lot about my projects- I would advise keeping this as technical as possible and preferably related to the automotive industry. Keep them in an area which you know well and they asked questions which tool you deeper an deeper into the technical engineering side of the problem

Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer/Project Engineer (Powertrain): Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Leicester, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two engineers who currently work at Triumph. The first half of the interview involved reviewing my CV and the second half was a technical interview. This involved such questions as why I had applied to Triumph and questions about previous work experience. For the technical part of the interview I was handed a connecting rod and was asked a variety of questions on how it would be made, materials and where the forces would be highest. They definitely were looking for a candidate who had a wealth of knowledge and could integrate into the company with minimal training due their small size.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Cv and cover letter sent off to an external email. Asked to conduct 3 online tests which were maths, personality quiz and mechanical comprehension. Then invited to a assessment day at the factory in Hinckley factory tour followed by a traffic light test and group exercise. Interview with 2 senior members of the design team

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles in January 2016.

Interview

I sent a cover letter and my CV with the online application.
    A week later i received a range of psychometric tests to complete within 4 days.
    Another week later i received an email to attend an interview.
    The interview consisted of an assessment centre in the morning and an interview for half of the candidates that attended. the interview lasted 90 minutes and was hard.

Interview Questions

• Design procedures
      manufactoring techniques
      Questions about a motocycle part   Answer Question

Design Engineer (Powertrain) 12 Month Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Full day assessment centre;

Tour of factory and a presentation from HR
    Fault-finding test, like you would find on an online test where you have to find patterns of shapes etc.
    Group exercise (design factory floor space) supervised by HR and a senior engineer.
    Competency + Technical Interview from 2 senior engineers.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      What is one of your weaknesses?
      General HR questions

Technical interview consisting of them showing me some motorcycle engine parts and having to describe what each one does and how it was manufactured etc   Answer Question

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

An on-line application with your CV and cover letter is the first stage of the process followed by psychometric tests should you get through.
    Two interviews are conducted for the role of Design Engineer. The first interview is with a Team Leader and project engineer.
    The first part is your typical background interview stage, with questions like why did you choose engineering. This is followed by why the motorcycle industry an why Triumph.
    The second part takes you through a scenario of how a component goes from concept to production and then on to what happens if the component fails in the market.
    For the final part of the interview a component is given to you and questions about what it is, it's functionality, the reasons behind why it is designed like that and how it is manufactured are asked.
    The second interview is much more relaxed and is much more personal conducted by the same Team Leader as before as well as the Chief engineer for either Power-train or Chassis. Dependant.

Interview Questions

• When did you first become interested in Motorbikes and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

First Stage Interview conducted after successful online tests. First part was a paper based fault finding assessment that can to be undertaken in very short amount of time.
    Second part was a interview with design team leader. Competency and technical questions all relating to the company and job role.